MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 11:27   Link #1902
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Too bad I can't read Russian!
I CAN read Japanese though (and indeed, like in the show, there's Japanese subbed under the Russian).

Fam: Wait! Thank you!
Dian: What's with this girl? I can't understand what she's saying... Scary.
Dian: ... Don't tell me?!
Dian's imagination: I LOVE YOU!
Note in Box: Not true.
Dian: *kisses*
Milia: Oh no!
Giselle: Fam?!

EDIT: Added in entry with the comic.
Old 2012-01-21, 11:55   Link #1903
tsunade666

wow the episode 13 was really a war and the next episode will be battle between exile. They are not holding back on the weapon.
Old 2012-01-21, 12:10   Link #1904
Vena
Carpe Diem

Heh, that was a late reply. I'll keep my reply within tags as well for the sake of size and keeping the thread clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Spoiler for my answer:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Spoiler for my answer:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vena; 2012-01-21 at 12:39.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:58   Link #1905
j4c06

By the way, what do you think of the scene where Luscinia is asking Lilliana whether she is still agreeing to do her part (in the sub I watched he said something like "are you really ok doing that?"). Kinda too late for that, so far into the battle, and that seemed to be his only plan anyway.
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 13:42   Link #1906
pewpewpew

Maybe he was just surprised she was going along so meekly, and he was fishing for an explanation.

The she explains that her hands are already dirty, which is sort of true. After all, she's disowned her sister and ordered her fired upon.
pewpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:08   Link #1907
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Glacies is not a country with just females afterall
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:47   Link #1908
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
The fact that Anatoray's Exile is so different than the others still makes me wonder if it's the most advance one ever built or that it has the ability to command all other Exiles.

Next episode is just going to be a showdown between two Exiles and it's very likely that they'll just destroyed each other. I doubt that Turan's Exile is any better than Glacies Exile.

We still haven't seen Vasant's fleet yet, that's the fifth fleet right? I wonder if she'll break away from the Ades along with Sadri?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:05   Link #1909
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Block

I think the show's stagnating if they don't hurry and introduce some true character developments all, as I perceived from my POV.

Fam's like a sort of Arika-Yumemiya kind of naive and happy character. Probably, she understands what's going on with the war but either she doesn't digest it or she's disconnected to keep her naiveness up and running, maybe?

Probably, we got some inside exposition into Glacies now that Dian has been properly introduced and interacted with the main female cast, but Dian strikes to Fam as being pessimistic; no Fam, Dian's not pessimistic, she's realistic.

The thing is that history of humans is mostly carved in war, and wars are not about making friends. It all starts with a dream or a vision, but soon it devolves into a bloody conflict and risky venture to achieve results.

You do not talk about dreams so naively in a state of war, unless you have power and trust to back up your words.

And, Anatoray's getting dangerous with Ades already planning for an invasion underway. Thankfully, Dio got to Al first and both got together out before Alauda have come into the fray himself.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:29   Link #1910
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
Maybe he was just surprised she was going along so meekly, and he was fishing for an explanation.
And what if she refused? A good moment for revenge, he would be very likely defeated by Glacies. A shaky ground to build plans on.

No, I don't think he was surprised, on the contrary, he was 100% sure in her actions. But why was he giving her this chance to change her mind...
Old 2012-01-21, 15:39   Link #1911
pewpewpew

What I'm saying is that he wanted her to provide some justification for her own actions. "Why are you doing this?", basically. Presumably they've talked this over in the past (i.e. when he convinced her to help him, by whatever means), and now he's asking her a question either to remind her of what she said back then (her reason for helping him), or to test whether her feelings have changed.

Also, I don't think she can refuse to summon the Exile, short of suicide. Remember episode 2? She definately didn't consent to summoning the Exile, Luscinia just had Alauda drag her onto the bridge before he recited a mysterion. He only needs her present and able to hear what he's saying.
Old 2012-01-21, 15:44   Link #1912
MeggieMay

I'm waiting to watch the new episode Monday but I did have a thought about where Claus might be

Spoiler:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 15:54   Link #1913
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
I'm waiting to watch the new episode Monday but I did have a thought about where Claus might be

Spoiler:
That's actually probably the best reasoning I've seen for where Claus is with regards to his absence from the plot.

The Exiles as we've seen from LE, can be offensive and quite destructive but only when not fully activated. When activated, it would seem like they effectively lose all self-defense priorities and take the form of a transportation vessel. Still, you'd expect a vessel with that important a package, to have self-defense armaments... but you'd also expect a coded defense against Exiles destroying one another since, well, you know, they're all very important to the survival of humanity. To have the Exiles fight seems like it would be more a call to "Rule of Cool" rather than "Rule of Logic".
Old 2012-01-21, 15:56   Link #1914
j4c06

Quote:
Also, I don't think she can refuse to summon the Exile, short of suicide.
I thought this is why she disowned her sister, as long as Millia is in hiding she has this freedom.
Old 2012-01-21, 16:16   Link #1915
pewpewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
I thought this is why she disowned her sister, as long as Millia is in hiding she has this freedom.
Theoretically, yes. Perhaps they've got her under the equivalent of suicide watch.

Thinking about this puts me in mind of how the Ades ships have a huge void in front of the platform the ship commander stands upon, without a safety rail or anything. Someone should really rectify that.
Old 2012-01-21, 17:26   Link #1916
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope Liliana has some damn good reasons to help Luscina commit what is basically a genocide. I can't really think of any at the moment. Luscina's motivations are also unclear. Why does Ades even need to invade Glacies in the first place? Glacies' land are barren and they never threatened everybody. On the contrary, they tried to cut themselves off from the outside world. I assume he's after the White Legacy, but for what purpose?

Somehow I can't shake the feeling Luscina is trying to prepare for an unimaginable threat. In before aliens.
Old 2012-01-21, 17:50   Link #1917
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope Liliana has some damn good reasons to help Luscina commit what is basically a genocide. I can't really think of any at the moment. Luscina's motivations are also unclear. Why does Ades even need to invade Glacies in the first place? Glacies' land are barren and they never threatened everybody. On the contrary, they tried to cut themselves off from the outside world. I assume he's after the White Legacy, but for what purpose?

Somehow I can't shake the feeling Luscina is trying to prepare for an unimaginable threat. In before aliens.
Not sure genocide is intended in the case of Glacies; from what I've seen, they're simply burning the ground to deal with the fields of anti-aircraft cannon the Glacians seemed to have planted everywhere. Ades used Exile on Turan and there still was people left over as well.

As for their intent, I believe Luscina is trying to unite the world into one nation-entity in order to prevent future wars, to create "eternal" peace through force of arms.
Luscina has long lost faith in the "peaceful" cooperative approach, saying that he's doing to liberate the lands from the Exiles is probably only to justify the war to the people and army of the Ades.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 19:07   Link #1918
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
God damn another f***ing cliffhanger...

I really really like the show but the cliffhangers after each ep makes my blood boil...
Not sure how that can be a bad thing especially with large scale events and things escalating that can't be told/solved within single episodes, I think they're great when done well and not artificial.

Plus, this is pretty much what happened that added even further excitement toward the second half of the first series being so addictive, once we hit the point where we started getting cliffhangers for the most part they just kept coming and the momentum and characters distinguishing themselves and the scale of events kept building and big things happened pretty much every week, you just had to keep watching how good everything was getting, you can still see on old discussions about the show how the "feather drop" that started the ED sequence was like, "daamn, I can't wait till next week!"

Quote:
I want to go back two episodes to mention a scene I liked:

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Yeah, I quite liked how naturally effortlessly that added some nice "character" between them.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Very well put.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Also, I don't think she can refuse to summon the Exile, short of suicide. Remember episode 2? She definately didn't consent to summoning the Exile, Luscinia just had Alauda drag her onto the bridge before he recited a mysterion. He only needs her present and able to hear what he's saying.
Spoiler for Alvis S1 example:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-21 at 19:34.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:21   Link #1919
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Spoiler:
It may not be a safety feature that the designers thought would be necessary. The Exiles appear to be sent to vastly different locations to establish presters, so the chances that two would encounter each other and have some incentive to try to destroy each other is quite small. As for when they've returned to Earth:
Spoiler for Hourglass Manga, chapter 3:
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 22:44   Link #1920
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Graveyard Duck: That... makes a lot of sense actually. When one remembers how the Guild was essentially established to get as many people OFF Earth ASAP, I suppose considering what happens after the people return isn't really a priority (or what the people would DO to the Exiles themselves afterward). Also to add to what you noted, one of the things mentioned in the supplements was that the signal for the Exiles to return was supposed to be done in a single go... yet all evidence shows that the Exiles came back gradually over hundreds of years.

Tags
adventure, science fiction