AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 15:15   Link #1
Shadow-Skill

Question on Mangekyou [Manga]

I searched, and this question wasn't asked in this forum yet, so...

Sasuke first unlocked his sharingan in battle when he was powerless to do anything against Haku. Obita also unlokced his sharingan when kakashi was down, and couldn't do anything against that cloud (I think) ninja.

Then Sasuke got his third pupil fighting (morke like getting his @$$ handed to him) against Naruto. Both times were when he was losing and would've died had he continued like that.

My question is, why would you need to kill someone to unlock Mangekyou wich show's superiority, when all other times, the Uchiha was obviously inferior and would've lost?
Shadow-Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 15:27   Link #2
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
You could have done a search and found countless other questions on mangekyou or just posted this in the Q&A tgread but any ways. Heres my thoughts on this, In the act of killing your best friend, your kinda throwing away your emotions. Because some people view emotions as a excess baggage when it comes down to becoming strong, its not that odd that he would kill his best friend, after is there any one else who would be harder to kill. Since Sasuke's family is already dead, he wont need hesitate at anytime when it comes down to accomplishing his only goal.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 15:36   Link #3
Zek
Eyebrows...

You could also say that both Obito and Sasuke first unlocked the Sharingan while protecting their best friends. I don't think the process has anything to do with being weak, though it's unclear whether or not there's a requirement for the other stages like there is for Mangekyou.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 17:44   Link #4
CyberPunk

i think it all builds up for the emotional impact involved in gaining the mangekyou. doing all that you can to protect your friend, understanding and acknowledging the strong bond between you and your closest friend, and then finally, the understanding to kill them in order to get the mangekyou. probably why so few have attained the mangekyou. you have to be pretty heartless to shatter the ties of your closest friend with blood.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:19   Link #5
brassmonkey

this is what i think.

before killing your best friend, your mind would probably be flashing back all the good and bad times you shared with him, building up so much emotions which kinda unlock the mangesharingan.
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote