AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 00:08   Link #1201
KoopaTroopa

I want an OVA on how Chikane returned/reincarnated to Earth and how she found Himeko or something about the time they were apart after the finale. Maybe how Chikane spent her time on the moon or something. I just want more Kannaduki no Miko
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 01:20   Link #1202
Marine-RX179

I agree with the idea the times goes on, but the world got 'restored' but not everything to it's original form with everyone's memories got modified.
I don't think there was any reincarnation for the people after the Orochi's defect, only the world and their memories got modified.

And many of you may have missed this, but at time 21:53-21:54 (SS-sub version), there was a shot delibrately at Himeko's chest (ahem) showing that she no longer have the mark of Solar Miko, so it indicate that the Orochi was defeated for good during the final battle and will not revive again, so therefore the burden as Miko for Himeko and Chikane is finally gone.....at last....after god knows how many life time. With the Orochi gone for good, it would make sense that Chikane being able to leave the moon shrine and return to Earth when the world was reformed.

Try not to get confused just because they were older when they finally meet again.....you can't really tell much about the age by looking at anime characters....and I believe Himeko and Chikane are still around the same age always, since there was no reincarnation taken place.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 03:07   Link #1203
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
I agree with the idea the times goes on, but the world got 'restored' but not everything to it's original form with everyone's memories got modified.
I don't think there was any reincarnation for the people after the Orochi's defect, only the world and their memories got modified.

And many of you may have missed this, but at time 21:53-21:54 (SS-sub version), there was a shot delibrately at Himeko's chest (ahem) showing that she no longer have the mark of Solar Miko, so it indicate that the Orochi was defeated for good during the final battle and will not revive again, so therefore the burden as Miko for Himeko and Chikane is finally gone.....at last....after god knows how many life time. With the Orochi gone for good, it would make sense that Chikane being able to leave the moon shrine and return to Earth when the world was reformed.

Try not to get confused just because they were older when they finally meet again.....you can't really tell much about the age by looking at anime characters....and I believe Himeko and Chikane are still around the same age always, since there was no reincarnation taken place.
It doesn't matter if they had the mark. Since orochi was sealed, they wouldn't have to deal with it again until their next life. I think since they already preformed their duty in this life, the seal was gone. I mean it would really suck it the orochi attacked every few years...
Also Himeko was clearly several years older. Her hair was cut, so it was sometime after. Plus she was in a large city, so she most likely graduated high school. That probably means she was at least in college, if not working.
Old 2004-12-23, 03:58   Link #1204
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
huh? what's the disappearance of the miko mark has to do with Orochi not able to return? The current Orochi is surely defeated and sealed, so the current mikos' job is completed, naturally they no longer need their miko powers. It's not like the Orochi is able to return in their life time. So it's their next reincarnations' duty to seal Orochi again when the seal weakens (maybe after some hundred/thousand years). And there's no showing how this Orochi is defeated any differently from the previous ones, it's just beaten by a golden mech with a burning halo, like always. There's no indication as how Orochi, the incarnation of the darkness in human hearts, can possibly be gone for good
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa
I want an OVA on how Chikane returned/reincarnated to Earth and how she found Himeko or something about the time they were apart after the finale. Maybe how Chikane spent her time on the moon or something. I just want more Kannaduki no Miko
Yup, I'm all for an OVA, Kannaduki no Miko : Operation Escape from the Moon

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-23 at 04:36.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 04:14   Link #1205
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well despite the way I feel about the ending to this series... the soundtrack is superb for the show. Nami Kubota did a really nice job on this series.
Old 2004-12-23, 05:08   Link #1206
H3avyM3tal

What I ment when I said that the ending was I cared about, is that I was extremely happy about it. I love when love stories end on the best side.
Ofcourse, I loved the entie series!
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 05:25   Link #1207
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

another hint at the endless cycle not being broken is that Ama no Murakumo asked Chikane whether she wished to break away from this endless cycle of separation, and Chikane basically replied no. So I guess it's more like a show about the characters accepting their fate?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:21   Link #1208
DrewGSR

After seeing the SS subs KnM is officially over for me. It's been a fun ride guys though it was a short one. Starting from the confusing ass beginning episode that left us all with a WTF and laughing our asses off to lesbian rape to now the ending. Once again i foudn the show very entertaining and i and definately enjoyed watching. Sucks that iit was only 12 episodes but everything comes to an end. Dreamless, Srin, Mentar, Timeless it been a good talking KnM with ya guys. You guys been here from the start of the show and start of the KnM thread and we all had good times. Cya guys in the Mai Hme thread.

Finally, much props and thanks to A4L & SS for doing KnM for us. you guys were awsome!!

Last edited by DrewGSR; 2004-12-24 at 02:54.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:41   Link #1209
lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
After seeing the SS subs KnM is officially over for me. It's been a fun ride guys though it was a short one. Starting from the confusing ass beginning episode that left us all with a WTF and laughing our asses off to lesbian rape to now the ending. Once again i foudn the show very entertaining and i and definately enjoyed watching. Sucks that iit was only 12 episodes but everything comes to an end. Dreamless, Srin, Mentar, Timeless it been a good talking KnM with ya guys. You guys been here from the start of the show and start of the KnM thread and we all had good times. Cya guys in the Mai Hme thread.

Finally, much props and thanks to A4L & SS for doing KnM for us. you guys were awsome!!
What he said, minus seeing you guys in the Mai Hime thread and the references to other people.

Kannaduki no Miko has to have been one of the weirdest, most random shows to ever take itself seriously. I still can't tell whether this is a piece of subtle satire, or just the scriptwriters and director eating too many magic mushrooms. In any case, its been really damn entertaining, and I've laughed my ass off at every single episode thats been released. Its certainly not the best show of the season... not even close, but somehow its managed to gain its own appeal to me.

Anyways, I hope that this anime acheives moderate sucess and paves the way for more serious yuri drama. Huge thanks to SS and A4L for their awesome jobs translating this series, for the arguing that went on in this thread... well, we wouldn't even be able to watch this show if it wasn't for you guys.
lolicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 10:34   Link #1210
ati

So I have to finish this thread also, it is really fun and happy to share opinion with all of you guys, it make this show more fun somehow I think I like this show even I can not understand something in the end such as why Chikane have to wear sun's miko robe, I really confuse even some of you said she want to take Himeko place however it's not necessary for her to do that but it's ok I don't care about it anymore ,anyway this show have many scenes make me feel like is this comedy show? in fact it should be sad cruel and serious scene ,in ep. 12 has many touching scenes however the scene that Chikane said " I wish you Happy Himeko" and Himeko said " wait" and then she continue her conversation with Himeko more than 30 minutes somehow my favorite scene is ep.8 when Souma said "What have you done Himemiya" and the answer is "It's a secret" I think this show has many joke so I really like it ,for me Himeko is a clumsy girl, she didn't understand something that Chikane said until Chikane gave her back a hairpin, before I watched ep.12 I don't know how could they make Himeko realize her feeling cause Chikane said many time that she love Himeko but Himeko never talked about this subjuct I only heard she said "Why Chikane-chan" and she always be in "It was my fault " mode everytimes Chikane said "I love you" it seem they didn't talk in the same subject and that make this show more fun and don't talk about Souma ,he is funny charecter until his last role . Anyway thanks dreamless for this thread , Mentar, Takemi and all you guys who gave me information and your opinion , about the ending I think I need more ep. or second season or OVA to make it clear for me some point somehow I like this show but it should has more ep. for us to talk and share many opinion ,see you in the next show.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:36   Link #1211
blueskies

i didnt watch all esp .. until 7 but my thorety is..

at the end everything about the moon priestess is erased even the day she was born

so basically ... she didnt exist

everything went as tho she didnt exist

and if i were right >=) she will fall down without the aid of the moon priestess mwhahah >+D

so basically.. let's say she was born in 2000 with the lunar priestess after everything god... took her away and let her born in 2020? (you guys said something about meeting the recarnated form of the moon priestess 20 years later so...)

it's pretty much god shifted her birthday in other times

who knows , maybe the maid dunno who the hell is the moon priestess after all that

do you notice , that the op and the ending music is almost related to each other? try to listen op then right away the ending it it's like it's made for each other :P
(i hope you guys know what i am talking about tho..)

by the way my favourite is the moon priestess

do you notice that a lot of chars are actratted to the lunar princess ... maybe because she is a symbol to the sun? and pretty much that's why so many chars are actratted to her?

blah
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 11:41   Link #1212
blueskies

i didnt watch all esp .. until 7 but my thorety is..

at the end everything about the moon priestess is erased even the day she was born

so basically ... she didnt exist

everything went as tho she didnt exist

and if i were right >=) she will fall down without the aid of the moon priestess mwhahah >+D

so basically.. let's say she was born in 2000 with the lunar priestess after everything god... took her away and let her born in 2020? (you guys said something about meeting the recarnated form of the moon priestess 20 years later so...)

it's pretty much god shifted her birthday in other times

who knows... if the lunar and the moon priestess were both in the same day.. they will fight the crap again?

who knows , maybe the maid dunno who the hell is the moon priestess after all that

do you notice , that the op and the ending music is almost related to each other? try to listen op then right away the ending it it's like it's made for each other :P
(i hope you guys know what i am talking about tho..)

by the way my favourite is the moon priestess

do you notice that a lot of chars are actratted to the lunar princess ... maybe because she is a symbol to the sun? and pretty much that's why so many chars are actratted to her?

blah
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 07:46   Link #1213
ACE2003

Just finshed watching all 12 episodes together and I must say that I am....confused. I don't know whether to be happy that Himeko and Chikane are together now (supposedly) or pissed at how Himkeo just welcomed Chikane back with open arms as if nothing happened.

I understand the message the that the anime producers were trying to convey, but it's just somewhat hard for me to accept. I was in total conflict of emotions throughout the show. Why poor Souma had to be the "jackass" chasing the dangling carrot that was in front of him. To be honest, it was just painful to watch him get COMPLETELY shafted. I was especially baffled by the fact that Himeko welcomed Chikane with open arms so easily.

But with that said, I understood the message of the anime perfectly which made my emotions for the end all the more confusing. In no way shape or form I want to justify what Chikane did to Himeko. Raping a 16 year old girl, then wanting to join the dark side out of convenience so she could fight Himeko. One has to wonder if her plan backfired and she ended up killing Himeko....But I guess the theme of this show is "THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS."

Overall, I can't clearly say whether I like or dislike the anime. All I know is that I never been so deceived and amused by storytelling such as this.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 12:32   Link #1214
USCPharmacist

Well Himeko is the Sun, so I guess the producer wants to make the sun a gentle god that shower warm on earth to all equally, even bad people.....j/k

BTW, if you look at histroy, end always justify the mean, always, cuz the end will survive. Now once in a while, the mean catches up with the end. Don't believe me, just look a America.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 16:13   Link #1215
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
I saw all 12 episodes and did enjoy it, but it's nowhere near my favorite anime of the year or whatever.

The ending just rubbed me the wrong way. I suppose it's more of a personal preference when I say that they should not have had their happy, caramel-covered ending. I laughed during Chikane's "death scene" and it was all just so... cheesy; in a bad way. My eyes got tired from all the rolling they were doing.

Also, Himeko bugs the hell out of me and I might as well get that out.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 00:24   Link #1216
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun

Yup, I finished the series. Now that i recall back, for whom this series is made for? It keep me silence for days just to figure out. I've seen many many anime before hand and i must say that this anime is the one of it's kind.

Spoiler:

It seems to me that the studio force themself to include Oogami in every scene they can. I mean... at all times Oogami seems to be useless and without him makes no difference exspecially at the last 2eps.

I guess this is another anime that would leave the audience speechless and confuse after watching it. Sigh~

P/S: Oh and on top of that, Chikane seems to stole Himeko 1st kiss, 1st night and etc. from others and in the end stole her heart. For me Chikane is just another Suxker like Mitsuki in KGNE.
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 00:32   Link #1217
USCPharmacist

come on let the lesbian get the girl once awhile ok...

that would mean Hemiko too, cuz she is also a lesbian. In other word, she stole Chikane from Souma too ehehhe
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 00:37   Link #1218
DrewGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
that would mean Hemiko too, cuz she is also a lesbian. In other word, she stole Chikane from Souma too ehehhe
lol that was a good one. yea chikane and souma were like suppose to be the "schools couple" but that didn't stop himeko. Yea why you gotta hate let them be together
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 01:32   Link #1219
Sigurd
Abyss Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun

Yup, I finished the series. Now that i recall back, for whom this series is made for? It keep me silence for days just to figure out. I've seen many many anime before hand and i must say that this anime is the one of it's kind.

Spoiler:

It seems to me that the studio force themself to include Oogami in every scene they can. I mean... at all times Oogami seems to be useless and without him makes no difference exspecially at the last 2eps.

I guess this is another anime that would leave the audience speechless and confuse after watching it. Sigh~

P/S: Oh and on top of that, Chikane seems to stole Himeko 1st kiss, 1st night and etc. from others and in the end stole her heart. For me Chikane is just another Suxker like Mitsuki in KGNE.
Well, apparently this show is not for you (and the audiences with the same preferences). I mean... if you are not approve of shoujo-ai, obviously you will be disappointed.

Spoiler:

Ack. And I thought I'm done with this thread.

*edit* I forgot to add that Souma was not useless. Actually he got some very heroic role throughout the show.

Last edited by Sigurd; 2004-12-26 at 01:51.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 01:32   Link #1220
Iron Monkey

I dunno, for some reason the worse Chikane behaved, the more I liked her. Conversely, the more Souma was a goody goody, the more I hated him. I guess you can tell how satisfied I was with the ending by

Spoiler:

All in all, a very enjoyable series for me.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri