AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 09:54   Link #2441
GDB

I'd agree if it were its own release, apart from the rest of the series. However, broadcast anime is just advertising for the DVD/Bluray, source material (if any), and merchandise. It's been this way for decades. It's just that broadcast signals have gotten good enough that they surpass DVDs, which has been affecting sales (either in actuality or perception) that they feel the need to make a true difference between the bought product and the sampled product.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:25   Link #2442
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

lol, i just found a funny pic describe how much of a cash cow Persona 4 is, apply for both the anime and the game
Old 2012-03-30, 11:26   Link #2443
Diveman

I dont know about you, but after I saw the Persona 4 fan comic on youtube, I just CANT take Dojima seriously anymore, I feel like everytime he talks he gonna say things like "Dont try to sound tough you sissy"
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:38   Link #2444
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I dont know about you, but after I saw the Persona 4 fan comic on youtube, I just CANT take Dojima seriously anymore, I feel like everytime he talks he gonna say things like "Dont try to sound tough you sissy"
I thought it was suppose to be a parody of P4 anyway. The anime seems to be geared towards those who played the game anyway. No doubt BD/DVD sales will go up anyway and the fandom hasn't died down yet.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:59   Link #2445
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I would definately not waste money just to see a different version of the ending.
Take it from someone who's already played the game, the true ending is way more than just some "different version". As I stated earlier on this page it touches on some major plot points that are still present even now. It's not something only game players will want to see. I guarantee it.

Anyway, just watched the episode covering the normal ending. I have to say that most of the fighting seems to be reduced more to an argument of preaching rather than any physical fighting. Then again it's a decent enough way to give exposition I suppose. It seems to me though that a lot of exposition that was revealed in the true ending Ameno-sagiri revealed here. Mostly about what the Midnight Channel really is.

And Yu summoned his last two Personas this episode. Isis for Empress and Lucifer for Judgement. And all Yu's friends' Persona's upgraded to their stronger forms too.~

Also, Yu finally obtains the Orb of Sight at the end of the episode. That's a key item for the true ending.~

I'm going to pretend the scene with Yu leaving on the train never happened from now on. I won't accept that scene without the true ending.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-03-30 at 21:55.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 15:38   Link #2446
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm going to pretend the scene with Yu leaving on the train never happened from now on. I won't accept that scene without the true ending.
They could have at least set it up so that 26 goes before the end of 25 since they skipped over the Xmas event too, but they had to throw the Orb in after... Or maybe on the BD they will fix this so 26 really is an insert after the battle since you are supposed to be thrown forward to Xmas and then thrown forward again.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 16:56   Link #2447
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
They just released the Final "Final" of the Fan comic just this week (Dojima is still a total tool)

Spoiler for Persona 4- Hiimdaisy Comic Dub - Bonus:
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:04   Link #2448
Dr. Casey

August 22nd 2012? Hey that's the 10th anniversary of the day I started high school, that's pretty cool
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:11   Link #2449
Diveman

^ I couldnt stop laughing at the drunk Dojima
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:13   Link #2450
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nanako had the best comment. So we'll get the true end later on.
Old 2012-03-30, 22:20   Link #2451
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Well, the ending where Yuu boarded the train seems way too rushed here. I'll wait for the final BD to see what more they will offer.

Overall, this anime is the most fun when it comes to comedy and slice-of-life aspects. The mystery and battles? Not as good, the story was rushed here and there, and the pacing could be really bad in some episodes, though there are some good moments. If we could ignore the derp faces and inconsistent animation, I could give this 7/10.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:54   Link #2452
Elestia

I'm still waiting for P5 to be announced.

Someone! Quick! Fund it!
Old 2012-03-31, 00:02   Link #2453
Meltyred

I think the missing part in between the final fight and ending seems to be cause they left space for the true ending...
So not really too bad that way.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:22   Link #2454
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I don't know about you guys, but that damn 'last' episode was EPIC! I already knew that they couldn't exactly replicate the scene from game to anime and I already speculated that the battle won't be much than debate of philosophy, but then Lucifer starts to appear It's too bad that the boss ended up got killed shortly after he arrived, but it was a great scene ;_;

Quote:
honestly, im just happy that the Margaret is included in the true end episode
So true. I wonder how they will present the true end episode. Will the timeline be after Yu starts leaving Inaba or will it be a prequel on the last scene that we saw in this episode?

Quote:
Though i wonder how they going to make her scene relevant to the story
Maybe she's..testing them or something?

Oh, is that Chuchulain in the preview is Margaret's persona? I forgot what personas that she used in game so I'm not really sure...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 01:19   Link #2455
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I'm still waiting for P5 to be announced.

Someone! Quick! Fund it!
That was made when P4 first came out as fan art. How creepy that Kuma/Teddie is exactly what happened when he got hit by Shadow Naoto's eye beam in the anime.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 01:45   Link #2456
mochichan

That Kuma is actually cuter looking than the old one in the show. It was a funny way to play out the enervation status tho lol.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 04:41   Link #2457
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
honestly, im just happy that the Margaret is included in the true end episode. dont really care about anything else just that she makes her appearance. Though i wonder how they going to make her scene relevant to the story
How about the "If you can't beat me..."

Spoiler:

excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
It does suck to have to wait for the true ending but I don't see it as a big deal anyway since I always thought the true ending was kinda random. Some person you barely noticed in the game suddenly turn out the be the mega god boss...wtf...? =___='
It's not like it's the first time the optional super boss in a MegaTen game was like that...heck some of them even had no relevance to the story (Hitoshura in DDS, Lucifer in DeSu 1, Alice in DeSu 2,etc., etc...)

Quote:
Beside I never see the true ending as part of the storyline since it feel more like a bonus optional dungeon to grind for loots/money/get 100% demon summon for the game transfer so it make more sense for it to be on DVD

Spoiler for spoiler:
Really? That place never felt like it was just tacked on or optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I havent played the game .... but I am thinking, that it will be mostly people who played the game who will want to see the so called true ending (whatever that might be, I didnt get it). Because anime only fans will simple take what the anime gives.

I would definately not waste money just to see a different version of the ending.
It's not a different version of the ending. It continues directly on from the Good End and explains quite a few things in the plot.

And True End better have little scenes of the S.Link Epilogues, dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Oh, is that Chuchulain in the preview is Margaret's persona? I forgot what personas that she used in game so I'm not really sure...
Yup. Her Personae are:

Spoiler for Margaret's Personae:
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 05:12   Link #2458
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Beside I never see the true ending as part of the storyline since it feel more like a bonus optional dungeon to grind for loots/money/get 100% demon summon for the game transfer so it make more sense for it to be on DVD
Spoiler for true end:

It kinda sucks we have to wait till August for Margaret/True End/etc., but this year there's more Persona going around than I could wish for. So happy.
That adult!Nanako pic is something I would totally play, btw. And I wasn't even aware of the last hiimdaisy comic dub! Gotta watch it right now!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 07:03   Link #2459
Gundamx

For people who want to know why Investigation Team Persona change in game:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 07:16   Link #2460
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm a sucker for scenes where everyone bands together for a big moment, as cheesy as it often is, so I enjoyed the last episode a lot more than I thought.

The cut to the ending was really abrupt but it's already been hinted everywhere I go that that's what the True End is for. Doesn't make it jarring nevertheless. They could have found a better spot to end the episode and leave the farewell for that.

Overall, I'd say this was enjoyable. The production quality was poorer than I expected, which is a shame. I actually prefer Trinity Soul's story over P4 (helps that TS has the better production too), though I suppose I'm in the minority on this.

The comedy and light hearted moments are definitely where the show truly shines though, bar a few moments like Kanji's arc. I laughed at the bathouse gags but still felt like they could have handles his plight more meaningfully. Other than that, the character designs are good (<3 Soejima's style) when they weren't herping and derping around. I really like the songs too. So happy to hear Never More playing at the end.

... I suddenly feel like watching Trinity Soul again but I don't think that's a good idea to do so right after the cheerful, positive tone of P4.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy