AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 21:20   Link #1
Tecprincess

Watching Anime

I view all my anime on a lap top that has a HDMI connection to my TV. I have 6 gigs of ram, 64 bit windows 8 Intel Core I3 CPU 2.40 GHz. Just specs of my lap top, don't know what the video is, think its Intel HD graphics 3000.

When I view anime in 720p, and 1080p; I get fuzzy blotches once in awhile, specially and heavy scenes. I currently use K-lite codec pack 710 and media player classic that comes with it.

At first I thought it might been the video files, then I saw some one say to another person that it was the Media player classic and switch to windows media player. I tried that and doesn't play the video at all.

Could someone please tell me a way I can get rid of those fuzzy blotches? Is it my laptop? or is it my codec or player?
Tecprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:46   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecprincess View Post
I view all my anime on a lap top that has a HDMI connection to my TV. I have 6 gigs of ram, 64 bit windows 8 Intel Core I3 CPU 2.40 GHz. Just specs of my lap top, don't know what the video is, think its Intel HD graphics 3000.

When I view anime in 720p, and 1080p; I get fuzzy blotches once in awhile, specially and heavy scenes. I currently use K-lite codec pack 710 and media player classic that comes with it.

At first I thought it might been the video files, then I saw some one say to another person that it was the Media player classic and switch to windows media player. I tried that and doesn't play the video at all.

Could someone please tell me a way I can get rid of those fuzzy blotches? Is it my laptop? or is it my codec or player?
I've never experienced "blotches" but it sounds like a form of screen tearing to me. Personally, while you do have quite a nice supply of RAM, your processor is quite slow for powering all of the other stuff you mentioned. First, I'd recommend re-installing MPC with the CCCP (a different codec pack) and installing the xy-filter (if you use subgroups). Disable "auto-load subtitles" and allow CCCP to use its subprograms to load the subtitles through its system. Make sure you're using a proper output render too, like VMR9 (renderless) and then downgrading from there to VMR7 (renderless), EVR Sync, etc.

I'm also curious, does 480p cause these problems? If not, then your computer is probably doing some sort of bad ghosting, which would indicate that it can't handle 720p. At the very least, I wouldn't recommend 1080p with the laptop you have now.
Old 2013-02-02, 21:55   Link #3
Tecprincess

Thanks, it doesn't do it on all the ones on 720p but some. But I will try your idea.

Thank you again for helping.

Edit Update: It seems to have done the the job! thanks! They gone, and the picture looks a lot better!

Last edited by Tecprincess; 2013-02-02 at 22:22.
Tecprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:24   Link #4
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecprincess View Post
Thanks, it doesn't do it on all the ones on 720p but some. But I will try your idea.

Thank you again for helping.

Edit Update: It seems to have done the the job! thanks! They gone, and the picture looks a lot better!
No problem, glad to hear it helped.