AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 04:29   Link #2561
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You're welcome. And again, I will try to answer with what I know. We know the girl is Dorssian royalty from the way she's dressed and the makeup she has which matches that of the emperor. We also see her in the shadows in episode 5 during the emperor's speech. So we can guess she's a princess or something, which would make her related in some way to A-drei.

There has been speculations that she is Liselotte, who L-elf mentioned in episode 1, but nothing has been confirmed yet. She will probably have a lot to do with the plot latter on, but as for right now we really know nothing else about her.

Hope this helps!
that helped alot thanks..

Now I can really say L-elf is somewhat involved to her... you see no one in their right mind puts political power to a young girl(Unless it is muv-luv it is plausible and it is allowed due to insanity and despair. do play it if you have time and prepare to puke, cry and bitch cry)

For now can someone explain to me what is 'Valvrave' really and who is the blonde girl in the UI of Valvrave units? I won't be surprised if that girl is somewhat part of the machine it self(Just like EVA soul is attached to a human soul.)

On that note... Saki's joystick control seems to be one of the best there is... if you know what I mean...
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 04:47   Link #2562
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow..............so many people labeling Saki with "insane" and "Fllay" and stuff.

How is she insane? She's not unstable in any way.

How is she like Fllay? Fllay was a b*tch who blamed Kira for something that wasn't his fault, then dumped her boyfriend to seduce Kira into fighting and getting himself killed in order to get revenge on him. How does this in any way describe Saki?

She's an attention whore. Big deal. Not the best of traits, but far from "insane" or wanting misdirected revenge. And she's not hurting anybody to get that attention, so still, big deal!

C'mon guys, the staff clearly meant for all that flirting stuff with Haruto that she posted to be taken comedically. This is further proven by how the one person whose opinion Haruto really cares about, Shouko, wasn't fooled by all the stuff Saki posted.

Yeesh, so many people being so overly judgemental......

I love how aggressive Saki is, both in regular life and on the battlefield. In the current world of mecha, where a female pilot is either incompetent, competent and relegated to a minor/side role, or just plain insane (as in actually insane, Nena Trinity "I want to kill lots of people because it's fun" insane), Saki is a great character.
Old 2013-05-17, 05:16   Link #2563
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow..............so many people labeling Saki with "insane" and "Fllay" and stuff.

How is she like Fllay? Fllay was a b*tch who blamed Kira for something that wasn't his fault, then dumped her boyfriend to seduce Kira into fighting and getting himself killed in order to get revenge on him. How does this in any way describe Saki?

She's an attention whore. Big deal. Not the best of traits, but far from "insane" or wanting misdirected revenge. And she's not hurting anybody to get that attention, so still, big deal!

C'mon guys, the staff clearly meant for all that flirting stuff with Haruto that she posted to be taken comedically. This is further proven by how the one person whose opinion Haruto really cares about, Shouko, wasn't fooled by all the stuff Saki posted.

Yeesh, so many people being so overly judgemental......

I love how aggressive Saki is, both in regular life and on the battlefield. In the current world of mecha, where a female pilot is either incompetent, competent and relegated to a minor/side role, or just plain insane (as in actually insane, Nena Trinity "I want to kill lots of people because it's fun" insane), Saki is a great character.
This. I don't know about others but character flaws are what makes a character more interesting to me. Perhaps I'm just more tolerant of negative personalities.

What makes a motivation more shallow than another? As far as I know, the desire to become well-known or famous is what drives a lot of us. Imo, Saki's motivation or goal is normal and acceptable. I'm not forcing my opinions. I'm just curious about the reasons why people think that Saki's motivation is makes her a terrible character or that her motivation is cheap.
Old 2013-05-17, 05:31   Link #2564
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
This. I don't know about others but character flaws are what makes a character more interesting to me. Perhaps I'm just more tolerant of negative personalities.

What makes a motivation more shallow than another? As far as I know, the desire to become well-known or famous is what drives a lot of us. Imo, Saki's motivation or goal is normal and acceptable. I'm not forcing my opinions. I'm just curious about the reasons why people think that Saki's motivation is makes her a terrible character or that her motivation is cheap.
Saki is an interesting character... she has some of Flay's characteristics but what sets her different from Flay is that she has the will and the guts to do what she wants to do, with motivation that is! add to the fact that she is has a very interesting relationship with both Shoko and Haruto adds more to that.

She has a good back ground and somewhat still incomplete character... we will that this incompleteness would be completed as the series goes.

The series is still going on so I cant say more of that but I like her character alot...

What more else can i say... I'm a sucker for long black hair girls!
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 05:35   Link #2565
Allium
Keep on keeping on

In the past episodes, Saki had always felt to me like the character who was more than meets the eye. At the beginning, she was this cold beauty in the background, but as the series progressed she had more of a presence, and there were more references to her 'idol' past. If there was any character I'd expect to break out of his/her mold, it would be Saki.

I don't really have problems with her goal to be famous, but rather the way it was presented - it was kinda all over the place, and my first response was something along the lines of "Is that it?". My expectations were a bit too high, I guess. Anyway, there's still plenty of room for character development.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 05:43   Link #2566
kuromitsu

Yeah, I also liked Saki's motivation. She wants to be famous, damn it, and if it takes getting turned into some space vampire monster and piloting a mecha (now named Carmilla XD beautiful) to get there, then by god that's what she's going to do. XD Not to mention, she wants to be famous to get back to those who hurt her in the past and made her feel she wasn't good enough, I think that's as good a motivation as any. (Though frankly, I was a little disappointed that it was because of Angst Past Issues. Bring on the shallow attention whore main characters!)

She's not a character type I'm fond of, but she single-handedly made this episode awesome.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 05:52   Link #2567
Storm-and-Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
does anybody know the name of the insert song that plays when saki is blowing up the rockets
It's "Can you save my heart?" by Kanade Momoko.

Is there any other info about this song?
Old 2013-05-17, 05:59   Link #2568
Pong

"You'll have to resign your humanity."

"SOUNDS GOOD! Humans are like the sux. Also I want to be special!''

"Haha ha I'm invincible.... Ohshiohshitohith no I'm not! Who would think fighting can be difficult?!"

I guess this sort of thing passes for reasonable human behaviour.

I must say I love the fact that Saki herself torpedoed her ship. Imagine the rest of the series awkwardly trying to pretend that she is any sort of competition for Shoko in being a girlfriend material?
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 06:15   Link #2569
~BC~

I still think it may be too soon for people to be writing off ships. And I say this as someone who wouldn't mind seeing Haruto/Shoko as couple already.

I wonder if that eyepiece on A-Drei's Waffe serves an actual purpose other than mimicking the pilot's misfortune. I just noticed that on a second viewing.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 06:16   Link #2570
Cryst

I don't think the problem is she wants to be famous but the reason why does she want to? When I think about it from her POV, I kind of understand and sympathy with it. Seeing from her past with everyone against her she might want to find a way to change her life. Even throwing away her humanity, it still better than her life up till now.

Compare to someone from a rich family who has everything, Shouko might look better than Saki but not as deep as a character although her positive thinking is her strong point. I hope Saki will get some from her in the future.

P.S: With this directing and scenario writing, they must be in full troll mode, toying with viewer's emotions, making everything completely upside down just in the next episode. Everyweek is a twist for me and I enjoy it a lot.
Cryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 06:33   Link #2571
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Spoiler:

I somehow think that, whenever we get Saki's full flashback, it will be a bit shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I still think it may be too soon for people to be writing off ships. And I say this as someone who wouldn't mind seeing Haruto/Shoko as couple already.
Definitely too soon: Saki's chances were always only for late in the story due to Haruto being in love with Shouko from ep1 (while he and Saki only became friends in ep2).
Old 2013-05-17, 06:33   Link #2572
mayumi

i will take crazy bitch saki over madly in love with haruto in 5 eps, saki any day
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 06:36   Link #2573
bastek66

Funny thing, some scans contradict all pilots we were predicting.

With this it looks like
Audrey gets Blue
Lelf - Yellow (or Orange)
and Aina - Purple
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 06:39   Link #2574
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Shouldn't that be on spoiler tags? I know it is official info and while I don't mind it, I think some could.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-17, 07:00   Link #2575
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

I agree she has nothing in common with Fllay, but her obsession with fame, and the reasons behind it, are pretty weird. She's paranoid and doesn't want people to be in a position to hurt her - fair enough. But what has that got to do with fame? Shouldn't she want money, or personal power, or something other than "fame", which so often leads to loss of private life and substance abuse?

And the bodysnatch did hurt Haruto a bit. It's not as bad as it could have been, but it's not "nothing".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:00   Link #2576
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Funny thing, some scans contradict all pilots we were predicting.

With this it looks like
Audrey gets Blue
Lelf - Yellow (or Orange)
and Aina - Purple
They are in deep shit if A-drei really gets a Valvrave
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:03   Link #2577
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Week after week after week, every episode of Valvrave managed to amaze me with its surprising turn of events, its amazing characters (especially Shoko and L-11) and its uber mecha action, and even in this week where I can totally feel the upbeat of the moment during Saki's fight.

So much to the point that I really cannot comprehend why so many would hate on this show, call it ridiculous or outright nitpick on its logic / plot holes. Take note that I'm not shunning the opinions of those that dislike this show, it's just that I feel that the strong points totally overshadows the flaws in this show.

If there is one thing I would complain about this show is how overshadowed Haruto is compared to L-11, Shoko, or even Saki. By no means do I think Haruto is a bad main lead, just that the others shine too brightly.

That said, I feel like the odd one out. Perhaps I'm just weird for liking this show so much?

P.S. Again like the previous episode, some plot holes got explained in this episode that makes me wonder why did I care to explain it to those who called this show bad because of them and instead waited for the show to explain it.
Old 2013-05-17, 07:04   Link #2578
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
awesome sauce!!! Lemme get at it!!!

I make it myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Ep 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Ep 2

Images
Ep 3

Images
Ep 4

(not really accurate but I find shoko speach similar to this scene )

Images
Ep 5

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 07:14   Link #2579
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well. maybe as part of an agreement they could let one of ARUS personnel pilot a VVV, on condition that it is stationed there.

But after Figaro, we don't have any named characters left
But there are plenty of screaming Internet fans and if ARUS is your stereotypical democracy and capitalism no 1 nation...

Quote:
That said, I feel like the odd one out. Perhaps I'm just weird for liking this show so much?
Nope...this is the best shit ever to hit the screen this spring
Old 2013-05-17, 07:43   Link #2580
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nope...this is the best shit ever to hit the screen this spring
i completely agree with this statement

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire