AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 15:12   Link #1181
Leaored

I got two questions,
Is layfon aware that he is the child of oblivion? and what happened with the wolf faces?
Leaored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 16:26   Link #1182
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Fonfon doesn't know he is the child of oblivion, but he did find that out in the manga version. The manga version is the alternate reality that deviates from the original fate as Fonfon bugged the script out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Shmaster-san there is an image that catched my eye at the end volume 24, Layfon kissing Feli on the neck!; Feli is my favorite girl and I found incredible that Layfon finally had the guts to tell her to run together but form that to that romantic scene is WOW. Do you have any idea what is up that scene? If it is a foreshowding of the end then welcome be.
That's an tribute from the missing mail manga artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
To be honest, haven't looked at it in a year. The author been writing too many short stories instead of the actual story due to publisher pressure to maximize profits has turned off many readers. You can tell how how little this thread has gotten any attention. Coupled with when the author did write the actual story, the protagonist been a side character with little progress mentally and physically. Its like reading a lore of the setting there, but it has not been executed very well.
Not exactly true. Fonfon is actually well developed despite his minor role in the grand scheme of things. How he finally grows up in the past few volumes were pleasant to read. It is also amazing to see how faced off with Leva despite being so underpowered. No, I should say, I am thankful that Fonfon remained underpowered, or else we won't be seeing the amazing skills and the teamwork that was demonstrated in that fight.

BTW, speaking publisher pressure. it truly is unspeakable evil. A couple of volumes were actually completed 6 to 12 month before the actual release date. But the publishers just have to squeeze the short stories in, and the pacing becomes a total disaster.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 18:17   Link #1183
Kurohane

What about the wolf faces? What happened to them?

What do you mean Layfon bugged the script out?
Old 2013-08-29, 01:40   Link #1184
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wolf Face got deleted by Leva after they outlived their usefulness.

By bugging the script out, I mean in a literal sense.
Layfon pretty much is a bug to the original fate. His mere presence alone has altered the scenario, leading to the manga version.
Old 2013-08-29, 10:12   Link #1185
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Layfon pretty much is a bug to the original fate. His mere presence alone has altered the scenario, leading to the manga version.
It all sounds very interesting. If only if it went its natural course then there would still be many readers.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 16:52   Link #1186
Xfraze

Volume 6's sudden jump in story has left me confused.

I am copying and pasting this question from the baka-tsuki forums because it is the exact same as the question I currently have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaz
Hi,
I was re-reading Regios when i fell something strange in volume 6-7, well after some checking i realize than up to volume 6 Dixerio didn't appear in the story until references of him suddently appear as well as of his "past interaction" with Nina.
Here are the references, i put in bold all clear reference to past event than don't make sense :
Quote:
Was she being taken to another city to continue her fight with the Wolf Faces? Dixerio, the person who sent her on this path, was he fighting somewhere too?
-> Volume 6 Chapter 5
Quote:
Nina had hidden herself to watch Leerin. “Memory loss……the same as Layfon?”
But this felt different to Layfon’s situation back then. Leerin’s mission was the same as Nina’s
-> Volume 6 Chapter 5
Quote:
Was she being taken to another city to continue her fight with the Wolf Faces? Dixerio, the person who sent her on this path, was he fighting somewhere too?
-> Volume 6 Chapter 5

Quote:
“You’ll be involved.” Dixerio Maskane had said………His words echoed in Nina’s ears. The Nina who first met the Wolf Faces and felt she had gotten caught in something. In truth, even Layfon might get caught in it if she took one wrong step.
Ignasis. Nina was now involved in the fight against that person. She still didn’t know exactly what this signified and she had no idea who else besides Dixerio was involved in this war.
-> Volume 7 chapter 1, part 2

As i said, the problem is that i couldn't found any of his previous apparition (i even check with crtl+f) in volume 1 to 5 as well as 8 - 10 and 11 (the shorts stories)
so no attempt of kidnapping of Zuellni like in the anime (well maybe it was an add), meaning already one missing chapter/part and as least on more missing chapter/part: when Nina travel in between cities and dixerio again.
So could a kind soul have an explanation to give because i am starting to get lost even more :?: (All those reference to ignasis and those Wolf Face are already enough of questions in themself )
thanks
Dixerio and the wolf faces appear out of nowhere. Is there some other material the author is assuming I have read, and if so, where can I read it.
Xfraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 19:19   Link #1187
Kurohane

Quote:

Alright, thanks for the answers, shmaster. Is the manga Missing Mail or the one that focuses on Nina?
Old 2013-08-31, 23:48   Link #1188
Leaored

thanks for the answer. I got another question, there was a spoiler that said that dick protected Layfon from being used by the wolf faces. when was that?
Old 2013-09-01, 01:01   Link #1189
tsunade666

WTF! wow!. Felli! WIN! no wonder there's been an increase in translation. FELLI!!!!

I got tired on Regios because of the stupid way the author did to prolong the story. But the current events on the latest volume put a smile on my face.
Old 2013-09-01, 01:38   Link #1190
Sagi

I'm so happy that Felli won, that's like a first where the childhood friend doesn't win.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 01:42   Link #1191
NeutralZero

^That (childhood friend) and the supposed heroine...
Though it's not really the first where the designated Hero ended up with someone...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 01:50   Link #1192
Xfraze

....came to see if my question got answered and got massively spoiled instead.
Old 2013-09-01, 06:11   Link #1193
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

For all things concerning Dick, you'll have to look into Regions Crusade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Alright, thanks for the answers, shmaster. Is the manga Missing Mail or the one that focuses on Nina?
That would be the Missing Mail.
Old 2013-09-01, 19:07   Link #1194
Leaored

In volume 10, Layfon appeared to help Nina with a Heaven Blade. How that happened?
Old 2013-09-02, 01:35   Link #1195
Xfraze

Quote:
For all things concerning Dick, you'll have to look into Regions Crusade.

That would be the Missing Mail.
That is what confuses me. At the time the volume 6 was written, Regios Crusade hadn't been written yet. It talks about events as if the reader should know about them though.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:58   Link #1196
Xfraze

I give up.
Old 2013-09-18, 11:47   Link #1197
godgiven25

I guess my hunch was wrong, I was sure Layfon would end up with Leerin or Nina, but Felli is fine too. Mostly it would be first girl win. If I were to make an analogy to another novel like say FSN. Saber as Nina, Leerin as Tohsaka, Sakura as Meishen, and Felli as Rider. I thought they would make Felli X Layfon as simple ship tease.

Last edited by godgiven25; 2013-09-18 at 12:10.
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 16:47   Link #1198
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgiven25 View Post
I guess my hunch was wrong, I was sure Layfon would end up with Leerin or Nina, but Felli is fine too. Mostly it would be first girl win. If I were to make an analogy to another novel like say FSN. Saber as Nina, Leerin as Tohsaka, Sakura as Meishen, and Felli as Rider. I thought they would make Felli X Layfon as simple ship tease.
wait what?!
Old 2013-09-18, 17:01   Link #1199
amtro
Distro

I know that I am going to annoy a lot of people by asking this, but truth be told it's late on my end and I'm too tired to care.
What's a Child of Oblivion?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 03:21   Link #1200
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I know that I am going to annoy a lot of people by asking this, but truth be told it's late on my end and I'm too tired to care.
What's a Child of Oblivion?
If I'm not mistaken its someone out of fate's control. Everything is in set but being a child of oblivion gives you free will or the your destiny can't be control.

Tags
fantasy, shounen