AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-25, 19:34   Link #1261
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Actually, it is Saki who is the Godmother. The kid actually refers to her as such, if you listen closely (the subtitles refers to her as you, but if you translate it literally, it would be Godmother, as the Japanese language has no pronouns), meaning Saki does become a member of the Renbokouji family, most likely through adoption.
Again, that could simply be a problem with the subs themselves. There is absolutely no reason for Saki to be adopted by Satomi and Akira's parents who we haven't seen outside of flashback. Also, Saki doesn't even really have that kind of relationship with either of them, she's just starting to befriend Akira. And Saki and Satomi don't look to be in a relationship at all, with him seeming to stand at attention while Saki is lounging away from him. So I highly doubt they married or anything.
I'm going to say that unless Satomi starts falling in love with someone other than Takahi (that girl really doesn't seem the godmother type), the "god mother they're talking about is in all probability, Akira.

Quote:
Has anyone ever thought that this whole expedition is heading towards one bad end? Then, a deus ex machina happens, and time is reversed back to the beginning, and Haruto is the only one who'll remember. Just for discussion, even I don't believe this will actually happen.
I don't think it's time travel, and it doesn't see like one of those ones that are going to do the "it was all a dream" ends. And only Haruto remembers everything? He has the "reading steiner" ability? Man does that bring back memories....

Anyway, no I highly doubt it. However, I do think that humanity is fighting a losing war here and doesn't even know it. Already, almost half of our main and supporting characters are becoming immortals and I'm beginning to think more may join them. We can already tell in the future that humanity and Magius-kind have spread across the galaxy, with the Prince actually having to be taught where Earth is and being surprised that everything that he takes for granted started there, "on that little planet". Also, there's no modules anymore, so people either live on other planets then or other celestial bodies, or else in the future they've built living habitats that dwarf the modules.

The next 200 years seem to bring great change to humanity as a whole, that is, if humanity hasn't become an endangered species by then.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 20:14   Link #1262
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Then I will be upset for months
The theme so far seems to be living with your choices/mistakes
Having a full reset undoes that
Lol, I would be too. Even I don't want to think it would actually. I'm merely stating it as a possibility. Like I said before, all my speculations have been tossed out the window so far, so I'm not taking stock into much so far, rather absorb information, and hopefully get an idea of what's going to happen after episode 6 or so. We have Marie as a new element in the show. I don't think it was added on at the spot either. To be fair, what good would there be for us learning Marie has amnesia in season 1?

About the ED, do you think the the show will have a new ED by episode 7, like season 1. The first episode had the opening as the ED, and the second episode while had the song, it had continuing animation from the series. It's only now in episode three do we get the full ED. Seems like a waste to only use it for another three episodes, and switch to another one.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-10-25 at 22:18.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:16   Link #1263
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Again, that could simply be a problem with the subs themselves. There is absolutely no reason for Saki to be adopted by Satomi and Akira's parents who we haven't seen outside of flashback. Also, Saki doesn't even really have that kind of relationship with either of them, she's just starting to befriend Akira. And Saki and Satomi don't look to be in a relationship at all, with him seeming to stand at attention while Saki is lounging away from him. So I highly doubt they married or anything.
I'm going to say that unless Satomi starts falling in love with someone other than Takahi (that girl really doesn't seem the godmother type), the "god mother they're talking about is in all probability, Akira.
ok, i'm going to clear this matter, in direct japanese voice the prince said" kyoubo-sama tachi" while directed at Saki the tachi part indicate group, so this can literally translated as "godmother's group","Godmother and friend", and seeing as of previous season, the prince never directly stated Saki as Godmother in conversation, the possibility of Saki being his Godmother is rather low(however, it's still not zero), it's more on the side of Saki being part of his godmother's group.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:19   Link #1264
Kurohane

^ Granted, the kid only had one scene in the whole season and a couple of lines.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:22   Link #1265
dragon1412

add on to this, it's impossible for Satomi's wife to be his godmother, since that would make Satomi his godfather, and there's no way he can refer to his godfather like that, so most of the cue now go to Akira.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:25   Link #1266
~BC~

Considering the reason Satomi was chiding him in the first place I'd definitely say the Prince isn't above refering to his godfather inappropriately.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:38   Link #1267
Key Board
Carbon

I think they are intentionally masking Saki's relationship with the Prince because it would be a potentially huge spoiler either way.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-25, 22:41   Link #1268
Kurohane

^ I'm still wondering what the purpose is for showing these future scenes. Showing this much already is just asking for it to be rewritten by present events. I expected the first one this season to come much later.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:55   Link #1269
Key Board
Carbon

it's mostly vague, but I'd say the biggest spoiler so far is that the 3rd Galactic Empire was established in the year that is currently taking place

How do you go from Parliamentary Democracy to an Empire?
Empire = class system, and if the future is any indication the Kamitsuki are the elite

I'd say something HUGE happened
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-25, 23:09   Link #1270
Kurohane

We won't get any answers this season, with the way the pacing is going now. We're 1/4 into the series, and questions keep on stockpiling themselves.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:18   Link #1271
Irenesharda

Quote:
it's mostly vague, but I'd say the biggest spoiler so far is that the 3rd Galactic Empire was established in the year that is currently taking place

Empire = class system, and if the future is any indication the Kamitsuki are the elite

That is true. We're forgetting that this entire series is really just set up for how the future scenes got to be. It's really all a story Saki is telling to the prince, a sort of first hand account of how everything started.

I thought back to the Magius' plan the ARUS president was talking about, and I was thinking what if their plan is to take over everything and then spread out into the cosmos, starting the Empire/Reich? This would mean collapsing all the current governments and bringing them under their rule, revealing the Magius to everyone, the Magius population to grow exponentially, and students known as the kamitsuki are sort of the nobility of the Magius, which is why they keep the name "kamitsuki".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 23:22   Link #1272
~BC~

Quote:

They aren't even really a proper democracy. The only thing we've really seen towards that end is the election and the existence of a cabinet. Also take into consideration what L-Elf's long term plan entails and it's not really that far fetched for them to eventually become an empire, IMO.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:24   Link #1273
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
We won't get any answers this season, with the way the pacing is going now. We're 1/4 into the series, and questions keep on stockpiling themselves.
This is one of the things I was worried about. They got a full plate as it is but they just keep adding on more.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:25   Link #1274
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That is true. We're forgetting that this entire series is really just set up for how the future scenes got to be. It's really all a story Saki is telling to the prince, a sort of first hand account of how everything started.

I thought back to the Magius' plan the ARUS president was talking about, and I was thinking what if their plan is to take over everything and then spread out into the cosmos, starting the Empire/Reich? This would mean collapsing all the current governments and bringing them under their rule, revealing the Magius to everyone, the Magius population to grow exponentially, and students known as the kamitsuki are sort of the nobility of the Magius, which is why they keep the name "kamitsuki".
Though you have the very first future scene in episode 7 to consider. It's true the last two related in a way to foreshadow the events to come, such as Haruto and L-elf meeting Cain and Marie turning out to be Kamitsuki. However, the first future scene depicts a promise by Saki, and not followup has come from that yet. Also, using future time jumps to depict foreshadow to the present, when a flashback or proper placed foreshadow would have done just as well, where is this all leading to? Would the ending and resolutions to the struggles really be so clear cut so early in the show? More questions. . .

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-10-25 at 23:46.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:28   Link #1275
Irenesharda

Also is the fact that this all takes place in the exact same year, so there is no long term here. It's already been like half the year already, so whatever's going to happen it wouldn't be any sort of slow process. It will be swift and ruthless.
Now it could be that the Magius have been setting things up for years, centuries even, but everything's going to culminate in the months to come.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 23:30   Link #1276
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Maybe Marie will know where VVVVII is?
Old 2013-10-26, 01:58   Link #1277
Irenesharda

Someone just brought to my attention that Marie's family name is "野火" (Nobi) which means "Wildfire".

Isn't it interesting that every single known Valvrave's name has something to do with fire?

01 火人
02 火ノ輪
04 火神鳴
05 火打羽
06 火遊

1: Hito (Man of Fire)
3: Hikaminari (Fire-Thunder)
4: Hinowa (Circle of Fire)
5: Hiuchiba (Wings of Fire)
6: Hiasobi (Playing with Fire)

So, could it be plausible that this could indicate that Marie and perhaps her parent(s) were heavily involved in the development of the Valvraves? However something went wrong and Marie voluntarily had Pino take the runes of her memories to protect herself and information that she knew? Also, could Marie and/or her family have been involved with the Magius beforehand?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-26, 08:53   Link #1278
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I'm so hyped up!!

Saki(future): Let me think, I suppose she was around 11 when she became humanity’s first kamitsuki.

Marie is an immortal loli.

Inside Hito’s cockpit

Pino: It’s been a long time! Marie, right? Right? Right?

Marie: How do you know my name?

Pino: I know you. Pino and Marie, friends. the first contractor

Marie: Friends? But you’re—

Pino: This isn’t the real me. What important is you and I are friends. Starting five years ago. Friends with benefits.

Marie: Five years!

Pino: Yes! Friends! Friends!

Marie: You remember me five years ago? You’ve met me?

Pino: It’s me! It’s Pino! You forgot? Don’t remember?

Marie: I don’t remember. My only memories are of the past two years. Tell me. Do you know the old me? Enemy on the process.

Pino: Oh, I get it. It’s because I ate runes. Ate? Absorbed? Sorry. My speaking is bad again because they reset the system. Pino is a rapist.

Marie: What are you taking? What are you? You aren’t an OS? She is the
female version of Warlowe, Half faye and half vampire.
Old 2013-10-26, 17:05   Link #1279
shadow1296

hey guys do u think it might be possible that there will be 8 valvraves, we all assumed that unit 2 was apart of the golden seven but what if it wasn't and unit 7 and 8 are currently being made by shoko on module 77 in order to help the ground team after she found out they landed in dorssia, i mean they have the parts and are currently building a valvrave frame to trick dorssia which i assume will become unit 7 but what if she makes another believing that one more valvrave isn't enough
Old 2013-10-26, 17:11   Link #1280
Kurohane

^ They have no idea what kind of engine powers the Valvraves. It's impossible for them to recreate it.

Off topic, Shadow, what is your avatar?