AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 16:09   Link #31321
Araxiel

Picked up the Zaku Amazing at London Comic Con today. Looking forward to it. Was anyone else there?
Old 2013-10-29, 09:23   Link #31322
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Has the MG Build Strike Full Package been confirmed? Has there been any confirmation on price + release date for the online exclusive MG Exia Repair II yet?
Old 2013-10-29, 13:04   Link #31323
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Has the MG Build Strike Full Package been confirmed? Has there been any confirmation on price + release date for the online exclusive MG Exia Repair II yet?
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

According to gundam wiki, BStrike is going to be a February/14 release.

No release date confirmed for the Exia.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 14:35   Link #31324
Knight-of-Gold

NONE of the japanese blogs or early pre-order sites even have a mention of a MG Build Strike.
It seems to be just a U.S based rumour because of GundamGuy's blog.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 15:59   Link #31325
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

According to gundam wiki, BStrike is going to be a February/14 release.

No release date confirmed for the Exia.
Yea. I saw that, but how accurate is Gundam Wikia? Don't they just go by what information they find online? In the case of MG Build Strike Full Package, I think they're speculating based on that post from Gundam Guy's blog. I could be wrong though of course.

Damn. What's taking them so long to announce the price + date for the MG Exia Repair II? I have my wallet and money on standby, ready to buy it from whoever gets it first. >_<

And you know that once I get it and make a video on YT and post about it on my blog, FB group, forum, IRC channel, etc.. People are gonna remember....

Anyway, I'm confused here.

In Frozen Teardrop/Glory of the Losers, does the 3 variations of Wing Gundam show?

http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/2rR5E.jpg

Top Row, Third
Bottom Row, Second and Third

We have a MG Proto Zero. Do you think we will see a new updated release for Wing EW and Wing Zero EW in MG later?

So maybe I might end up getting the Proto Zero..especially if Wing EW 2.0 and Wing Zero EW 2.0 come out.

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-10-29 at 17:30.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:48   Link #31326
Providenceangle

Like anyone else, I can only go by what I see. I simply googled and posted it. Not to mention I clearly said "according". Not mentioning it being confirmed or otherwise. It's safe to say, there will be an early 2014 release. I'm not much of a fan of the show so far. I do like the idea of building gunpla to battle though. If bandai could pull that off, then they would have a gimmick that would pull in more people. Could you imagine people going all out to win though? Titanium gundams with carbon fiber parts lol!
Old 2013-10-29, 19:48   Link #31327
Blazer-X

Wing Gundam EW "2.0" has been out for over 2 years already...

And no, I seriously doubt we'd even see any hint of Wing Zero EW "2.0" before it makes the proper debut in the manga. It took them this long to release Proto Zero, right after it showed up in the manga.

On a more serious note, I'm strangely hyped for MG Build Strike Full Package. It's not very often that I really like a protagonist's first MS. (Exia being the only other MS where I liked a lot more than its upgrade, 00. Both eventually got trumped by 00 Qan[T] though.) Part of me wants to pick it up as soon as its released. Part of me wants to wait and see what they come up with for mid-series upgrade, if they do end up following Gundam tradition with the run-time of half a series.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:51   Link #31328
Skye629

Quote:
Damn. What's taking them so long to announce the price + date for the MG Exia Repair II? I have my wallet and money on standby, ready to buy it from whoever gets it first. >_<

Anyway, I'm confused here.

In Frozen Teardrop/Glory of the Losers, does the 3 variations of Wing Gundam show?

http://static.ow.ly/photos/original/2rR5E.jpg

Top Row, Third
Bottom Row, Second and Third

We have a MG Proto Zero. Do you think we will see a new updated release for Wing EW and Wing Zero EW in MG later?

Dude we only got the R2 confirmation a few weeks ago, learn to be patient and just be glad we are even getting it at all. My guess will be early 2014 release

BTW you know why you are confused by that image?

Its not even PART of FT

Its just a comparison image of all the different versions/renditions of the Wing Gundam and Wing Zero

Top row: Wing Gundam TV (Okawara), Wing Gundam TV MG Update, Wing Gundam EW
Bottom row: Wing Zero TV (Okawara), Proto-Zero (GotL), Wing Zero EW

Taaaadaaaaaa easy no?

The only Wing/Wing Zero kit getting a potential re-release will be the Wing Zero EW, end of story, only reason being its popularity and eventual debut in GotL
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:53   Link #31329
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The only Wing/Wing Zero kit getting a potential re-release will be the Wing Zero EW, end of story, only reason being its popularity and eventual debut in GotL
Well, there is always Snow White, if Bandai/Sunrise/whoever ever decides to give us a design that doesn't look like shit.
Old 2013-10-29, 19:57   Link #31330
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Well, there is always Snow White, if Bandai/Sunrise/whoever ever decides to give us a design that doesn't look like shit.
I was talking solely between Wing gundam and Wing Zero (as per suiton's question)

And to be honest, I highly doubt Snow White will be able to top Wing Zero EW and the new Proto Zero in terms of design

If Im wrong you can quote this post in the future and throw it in my face
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 20:00   Link #31331
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I was talking solely between Wing gundam and Wing Zero (as per suiton's question)
Only reason I pointed it out is because we are all pretty sure Snow White is a Wing/Wing Zero derivative.

And I agree with the popularity. Not only is it Manga only, but the fact that it probably won't be showing up till the end pretty much guarantee that it'll never get too popular.
Old 2013-10-29, 21:29   Link #31332
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So you're saying it's not likely that Bandai would reuse most of the frame of the MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero to put out a 'new' Wing EW and Wing Zero EW?
Old 2013-10-29, 22:37   Link #31333
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
I say wing/wingzero/wing zero custom got higher chance of RGfied than ver 2.0
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 22:38   Link #31334
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
I say wing/wingzero/wing zero custom got higher chance of RGfied than ver 2.0
RG often has a new MG afterward...well at least with the Seed line so far with the Aile Strike and Strike Rouge. =D
Old 2013-10-29, 22:44   Link #31335
Providenceangle

I want a MG Jegan! Either the D or the stark. I wish I had the patience to build my own...
Old 2013-10-30, 00:30   Link #31336
Shinobi2013

Quote:
RG often has a new MG afterward...well at least with the Seed line so far with the Aile Strike and Strike Rouge. =D
I don't think RG leads the MG version of it in the first place, even the MG Strike 2.0 looks way more different from the RG version. The only thing that leads to the release of MG Strike 2.0 was the 4 GATX MG kits(Duel, Buster, Blitz and Aegis) not the RG one.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 09:04   Link #31337
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
I don't think RG leads the MG version of it in the first place, even the MG Strike 2.0 looks way more different from the RG version. The only thing that leads to the release of MG Strike 2.0 was the 4 GATX MG kits(Duel, Buster, Blitz and Aegis) not the RG one.
You could be right. Who knows. =)
But for now, I think 2013 has had a crazy good year in terms of GunPla releases.

I can't wait to see what Bandai has in store for us in 2014, and we know that they probably are working on a bunch of new kits right now..LOL..probably a few being online exclusives (yet again) that we'll all be mad about but end up buying anyway..LOL
Old 2013-10-30, 11:25   Link #31338
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Just got the MG AGE-2 Normal SP ver. from Genteikits. The box of the kit was a little damaged, but the parts are still intact, nothing to worry^^
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 11:41   Link #31339
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Just got the MG AGE-2 Normal SP ver. from Genteikits. The box of the kit was a little damaged, but the parts are still intact, nothing to worry^^
Very cool.
I got mine along with the MG Age-1 Normal Unit 2 and MG Strike Rouge Ootori a few weeks ago from GG Infinite.

I'm really hoping Bandai just finishes up the MG Age line in 2014, even if that means some will be online exclusive.

So can anyone tell me exactly what the Proto Zero is? It looks like Wing Zero (TV) just re-envisioned by Katoki. Is that it or is it actually different from Wing Zero TV?

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-10-30 at 12:16.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:17   Link #31340
Appel

Oh man... Now I am thinking about buying the PG Strike Freedom KO version from DABAN XD It's supposed to be great and near identical to the Bandai kit. It would cost me roughly 100 bucks, including shipping costs. You can't really complain about a price like that :T
It even includes diecast pieces for the wings to replace the parts that always break on the Bandai version!
I've also been thinking about getting the MG Geara Doga and painting it in the online exclusive colors. That thing looks great as well!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy