Old 2013-11-12, 17:13   Link #381
JiCi

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Still pretty good ^_^
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:07   Link #382
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

It sounds like Hazama is pulling the string from her back. Can I say Tsubaki suddenly stabbed Jin out of the blue was a NTR scene until the trio push the 'deus ex machina' reset button?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:38   Link #383
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Spoiler for game spoiler. Response purposes:

Last edited by Frailty; 2013-11-13 at 00:02.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 07:06   Link #384
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Spoiler for game spoiler. Response purposes:
Spoiler for Game spoiler:
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 13:00   Link #385
shadow1296

wow i didn't think they would actually use that mechanic in the anime, then again it is the continuum shift part of the anime so i guess they would have to use it once
Old 2013-11-13, 13:45   Link #386
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You know something is wrong when they make Bang says ジン殿, even though this would never happen at all (in Jin case, it would be just the full name or お主/貴様)
Well I guess the anime staff did some efforts with Takamagahara, although it is still a bit contradictory if you think a bit about it.

Generally speaking, it is an average episode with even more glaring issues with fight composition (Ragna deflecting Lambda's swords was beyond awkward) and music direction.
Old 2013-11-13, 13:58   Link #387
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Um, Rachel? Giving a boy an Azure Grimoire isn't a ripple... IT'S A GIANT WAVE.
Waves starts out as ripples. Her choice of words isn't wrong.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 10:36   Link #388
Meltyred

Wow, they made Bang look much less silly then in-game, and Jin actually has a proper conversation with someone not going insane or him going insane in the middle.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 19:37   Link #389
ReddyRedWolf

Please enlighten me as I never played the game.

The mysterious council of vagueness unleashed Hazama with awareness of the time loop. Now that Tsubaki killed Jin under Hazama's control it goes against their plan. So they had to rewind and change the outcome.

If Hazama is such a pain in the ass why allow him with his memory in the first place?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:35   Link #390
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Please enlighten me as I never played the game.

The mysterious council of vagueness unleashed Hazama with awareness of the time loop. Now that Tsubaki killed Jin under Hazama's control it goes against their plan. So they had to rewind and change the outcome.

If Hazama is such a pain in the ass why allow him with his memory in the first place?
Takamagahara needs Terumi's power and knowledge to deal with something else, which will be revealed later on.
Of course, Takamagahara is allways overconfident in themselves due to their ability to alter the out come of events as they want.

BTW, what we see there technically is not a rewind button but a different type of phenomenon, which will also be revealed later on.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:59   Link #391
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the bright side, this show does have some very colorful and often interesting characters. Mr. Bang and Jin the Snarkmeister had some good chemistry in this episode, while Ragna continues to be amusing in his over-the-top complete lack of anger management. This anime also reminds me a lot of 1990s Image comics, given its character designs (especially the big red bulky guy), constantly raging vaguely super-powered fighters, and its generally EXTREME! but oddly minimalist style.

On the bad side, I'm back to not understanding this plot again.

I echo ReddyRedWolf's confusion.

What is this Council of Three Chairs thinking? I thought they wanted Hazama to eliminate some problems for them? If they don't want Jin to get killed, then why are they letting Hazama have an order put out for him to be killed?
Old 2013-11-14, 23:39   Link #392
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What is this Council of Three Chairs thinking? I thought they wanted Hazama to eliminate some problems for them? If they don't want Jin to get killed, then why are they letting Hazama have an order put out for him to be killed?
Well, Terumi's primary "observer" has shifted to Noel instead of Takamagahara (as shown in ep.3), thus Takamagahara's control over Terumi is drastically reduced.
And again, due to their overconfidence in their abilities to alter the out come of the events; they didn't take the matter very seriously.
As long as Terumi complete their ultimate goal, they'll just let things slide.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 02:14   Link #393
ReddyRedWolf

To me the council of vagueness are like Vorlons obsessed with their Circle timeloop but their chosen pawn is the Joker.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 04:16   Link #394
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Let me just say: my take is pretty different from shmaster's, though that might be me having incomplete information and/or faulty memory. I do understand your confusion. It's going to get better, then worse in waves. Either get used to it, or quit.

Other than that, I daren't say anything. It's the type of story where it's not really easy to tell what counts as a spoiler, or if your interpretation of events is right in the first place.

I thought this episode was a bit weaker than the previous one, but it did a good job of summerising the major factions, and its starting to tune up the info on "seithr" (which I always read as a blend of "seething aether", or alternatively as an approximation of "seizure" - heh). Can't wait for a certain character to make an appearance...
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 18:48   Link #395
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Takamagahara needs Terumi's power and knowledge to deal with something else, which will be revealed later on.
Of course, Takamagahara is allways overconfident in themselves due to their ability to alter the out come of events as they want.

BTW, what we see there technically is not a rewind button but a different type of phenomenon, which will also be revealed later on.
I took it more like a time loop and a paradox type shift.. loop time before the decision that was made caused the event to make a completely different event. Not that they could actually cause him to change what he said but go to a slightly different time line where something else was said instead in effect changing what happened.

The time line theory where in one time line something else was done and since there is an infinite amount of choices there is an infinite amount of time lines they can shift to.

Never played the game because I don't care for fight games it it was a tradition JRPG game I would be playing it now story looks interesting as I have no clue what is going on with the story yet. Can't really call it a spoiler either as it's speculation as I have no clue or idea what is going on myself.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 11:03   Link #396
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It has something to do with not wanting to loose order just quite yet (like they mentioned when they triggered that rewind). I'm pretty sure that this should be explained eventually in the anime but if it isn't I'm sure someone will drop by to explain it better than I could (I haven't finished the second game yet myself. )
Old 2013-11-16, 16:40   Link #397
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Let me just say: my take is pretty different from shmaster's, though that might be me having incomplete information and/or faulty memory. I do understand your confusion. It's going to get better, then worse in waves. Either get used to it, or quit.
Don't worry, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Actually, the (seemingly) nonsensical plot is sometimes part of this show's charm, I fine.

If I ask plot questions sometimes, it really is to get answers from source material viewers. With that in mind, my thinks to you, Dextro, and shmaster.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-11-16 at 16:52.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:09   Link #398
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Don't worry, it's not a deal-breaker for me. Actually, the (seemingly) nonsensical plot is sometimes part of this show's charm, I fine.
Makes sense.

Quote:
If I ask plot questions sometimes, it really is to get answers from source material viewers. With that in mind, my thinks to you, Dextro, and shmaster.
Answering those sorts of questions is difficult, though, because of this site's spoiler policy. Even if I don't reveal what happens, I might inadvertantly make things more obvious than they're supposed to be right now. And confusion is essential to the effect of the plot.

Molitar's interpretation makes sense, especially in light of Rachel saying that a world where you pick only what's convenient isn't romantic at all.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:58   Link #399
Preciize
Them Feels~

What exactly is the goal of the Council of the Three Chairs? I'm a bit confused as to what 'order' really means and who they are exactly, as well as Rachel.

Honestly should've played the games first :S
Old 2013-11-18, 20:04   Link #400
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
What exactly is the goal of the Council of the Three Chairs? I'm a bit confused as to what 'order' really means and who they are exactly, as well as Rachel.

Honestly should've played the games first :S
Something relates to The Power of Order. Well, I got no idea what it is. I'll just follow up and see what happen next.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action