AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 10:58   Link #1441
Utsuro no Hako

Anyone up for a Space Bros. animated film?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 11:49   Link #1442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Anyone up for a Space Bros. animated film?
Since it's written by the mangaka, of course I am!

I wonder what it will be about. Maybe it will focus on side-characters? A movie about the Jay brothers could be great.
Old 2013-12-15, 00:07   Link #1443
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The last few episodes have been great, so I'm a little disappointed we're set to revisit the Hibito (and Olga) plot line, which really isn't up to par...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 00:12   Link #1444
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The last few episodes have been great, so I'm a little disappointed we're set to revisit the Hibito (and Olga) plot line, which really isn't up to par...
yeah, i dont like hibito + olga story too...
Old 2013-12-15, 00:52   Link #1445
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It'll be interesting to see how Koyama manages not to mess with the anime/manga timeline - it's not like he wants to give away how things turn out, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for side-stories in the present. I wonder if we may get something focused largely on the boyhood of the brothers.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 02:31   Link #1446
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Koyama manages not to mess with the anime/manga timeline - it's not like he wants to give away how things turn out, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for side-stories in the present. I wonder if we may get something focused largely on the boyhood of the brothers.
The story did skip over a large part of the ASCAN training, and we didn't see much of Hibito's lunar experience apart from the accident. And there's always the story of the Brothers Jay.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 05:12   Link #1447
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see a Space Brothers movie not focusing primarily on the Nanba brothers, even if the Jays do technically meet the description of the title. I think focusing on a part of the training that was skipped over feels a little anti-climactic, which is why I'd expect them to go farther back. For that matter, they completely skipped over the high school and college years so there's no reason that couldn't be a part of the equation.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:27   Link #1448
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 19:32   Link #1449
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That shot of Butler in the Gendo Ikari pose was absolutely fabulous.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:24   Link #1450
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't know if it was brought up before in the story, but Brian Jay was born the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, July 21, 1969.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 02:40   Link #1451
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't know if it was brought up before in the story, but Brian Jay was born the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, July 21, 1969.
That's going by Greenwich Mean Time, or also by Japan time. In Houston - or in Indiana where a certain almost-five-year-old had been gotten out of bed by his parents to see it - the date was still July 20.

"Tween" Olga certainly had an attitude. I loved the moment when she started dancing again.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 12:56   Link #1452
wormspeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Episode 89 starts with an elevated view of Hibito's house in Huston. Inside we see Hibito sprawled lazily on the couch with a DVD cover labeled "'Olga Grows Up' Volume 2" on the table in front of him. He watches on his laptop as fourteen year old Olga spins and jumps gracefully on the screen.

Hibito looks quickly left and right to make sure that no one is around, then reaches a hand into the waistband of his sweat pants while concentrating intensely on the image flickering on the screen.

The scene then cuts to exterior of Hibito's house again. Olga is standing outside of the front door with large travel bags placed on the ground near her. She reaches into her pocket to fish out the key to Hibito's house.

We then cut to the interior where Hibito is working his lower regions furiously as Olga jumps around the corner from the hallway shouting "Surprise!"

The shocked look on Olga's face shows that she saw everything as Hibito frantically claws at a pillow to put over his crotch.

Hibito tries to play it off in his normal flippant way, "Oh! Olga. How? Why? What are you doing here?" But his sweating and inability to meet her eyes betrays his effort.

From the laptop's speakers comes the sound of Olga's ballet instructor; "Good work Olga, lift your leg higher. Yes, like that. Now hold that pose." Olga, recovers quickly and gives a sly crooked smile as she walks over to Hibito's location on the couch unconsciously swaying her hips. She slides her finger playfully down Hibito's chest. "Mutta-san gave me a copy of your house key because I wanted to surprise you. Daddy let me come with him to the USA while he is here for training."

At mention of Olga's father Hibito begins to panic and look towards the door. "Don't worry, Daddy will be at the space center all day." With that, Olga takes a seat on the pillow in Hibito's lap and leans back sensually. She drapes herself over Hibito's body lying her head on his shoulder. She looks up dreamily into his eyes and whispers, "I have a leotard in my bags if you want a private show."

Cut to opening credits.
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 14:49   Link #1453
cyth
Banned

Sorry, you get a recap before opening credits. :P
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 05:14   Link #1454
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
After a mini marathon of 12 episodes, i'm finally up to date.
The last couple arcs were great. The time in Russia was very well spent, since it humanized and finally made me care about Hibito. Props to Olga too, a very realistic portrait of a teenage girl, even down to her body language, free of animefied exaggerations. And another great work by her voice actress Mariya Ise, who had great moments this year, be it voicing a boy (Killua in HxH) or a disturbed middle schooler (Nakamura in Flowers of Evil).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 11:16   Link #1455
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 11:20   Link #1456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been waiting a long time for Hibito to confide in Mutta. I knew he'd be able to cheer him up. The next episode looks like a pivotal one. We'll get to know who goes to the moon and we'll see Hibito take his test.
Old 2014-01-04, 12:26   Link #1457
Dop
Mmmm....

Pretty Dog made me choke on my tea.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 13:23   Link #1458
Gooral
Banned

Don't you find it strange that Hibito decided to talk to Mutta in a public place instead of his own house?
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 21:53   Link #1459
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Don't you find it strange that Hibito decided to talk to Mutta in a public place instead of his own house?
Not in the least. It feel's much safer from a psychological standpoint. Makes the whole thing feel less like an "event", and more casual. Plus, he probably needed the lubrication before he could make himself do it.
Old 2014-01-04, 21:54   Link #1460
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that how to talk about ones problems with booze

Tags
science fiction, seinen