AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-30, 07:47   Link #2121
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

I just thought of something.. Not entirely new and I don't know if anyone else brought it up.

About Touma's habit/manner of referring himself as a third person.. Could it be that he is doing it because he wants to differentiate between 'Former/Pre-amnesia Touma and Present/Amnesia Touma?
Maybe he isn't doing it consciously, and it's probably a part of himself that felt uneasy lying to people about his memories.
I mean he didn't do it until vol. 2.
Thoughts on this?
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 07:49   Link #2122
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
... That's quite an oversimplification. Ichigo 100% ended the way it did because the author wrote herself in..
CoughOreimocough.

Nothing is written on stone.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:25   Link #2123
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I wonder if NT9 is just one giant middle finger by Kamachi to all of the shippers out there. In essense, he has essentially removed the possibility of all the other girls besides Othinus (and maybe Misaki with her abilities) to get into a relationship with Touma. This is going by the definition of a relationship being between two individuals that can understand one another. So far no other individual besides Othinus can really comprehend the scale and magnitude Touma went through. None of the girls besides Othinus can understand him...so how can they get into a relationship with him?

Guess Touma's misfortune concerning women is true after all. What's the point of a harem if none of them are capable of being your lover both in the physical and emotional aspect of a relationship? I know Index has never been about romance, but that's just harsh!
*cough* Will *cough*
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:38   Link #2124
WiliamZ0

Come to think of it ... Correct me if I wrong okay?

Isn't the event Touma and Othinus share kinda remind you to a certain couple?

I talking about Kyon and Suzumiya
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:41   Link #2125
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
More likely he will tried to explain what happened to othinus and him to everyone around him first. (mikoto index, lessar, birdway) If he can pull this off then the rest would be easy.
The one who can help him this time would be will-chan using the misaka network. By the help of misaka clones that spread all around the world, she can explained what happened to touma and othinus to all of his ally.
Of course this need a time to prepare and until that is done everybody will targeted othinus and touma. The one that i worried is ollerus, he still haye othinus right? As the one who almost reach the magic god title, he will prove to be a tough opponent for touma.
Indeed. The thing about him becoming more twisted lately could be foreshadowing for a confrontation. Can Touma go further than Gunha for the sake of the dere godess? Well, now I'm even more hyped.

As for the others.
Lessar won't give a hoot.
Mikoto is easy. Just let her know Touma's mom was also in the danger zone but he's still backing Othinus up.
Fiamma shouldn't be such a problem since he can somewhat relate to the situation.
Index-san could be surprisingly hard to convince.
Birdy would be the second biggest obstacle after Ollerus.

Kamijou-san is gonna need all the help Will-chan can provide.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:49   Link #2126
mark1246

look at the past post And i dont see this question yet so i decided to ask

In the epilogue

Is this the same original world touma in now or is it a little bit different ( and when i mean different I don't mean only Othinus and Touma knowing what has happen), i didn't quite get the index part where touma was shock she was saying? they were at the part in NT8 where they were about to fight her, so index & company would act like this. Did people get this and please explain this to me, cause i was kinda of confuse thank you
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:56   Link #2127
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I just realized that this volume was really important for another reason that was part of the element of this volume going full circle plotwise for Touma: we just saw the Sisters Arc where Touma educated the sisters about morality and about how they should live and not just go to their deaths... and here when Touma is empty, the Sisters' network, Will-san, is the one lecturing Touma.

Not only has the Sisters network come so far that it's really starting to think like "people" instead of advanced AI, but also this volume had Touma grow in another way. The big thing that caught my attention here was that Will-san realized Touma needs a purpose in order to continue living and so she didn't just tell him she was dying/getting overwritten... That's a big deal. I'm also wondering if that means Aleister's plans are progressing at all in relation to this.

He didn't just become selfish. The more important thing that happened to him was that he also stopped being selfish, a bit. What I mean to say is that Touma realizes that others don't want to see him suffer either, and this is ultimately why he, himself, is saved. His friends wouldn't want to forget about him/to see him suffer. That's new & different.

The series really has come a long way, from the Sisters arc, and Index's first arc all the way up to here. This volume had a lot of other things happening behind the scenes as well...

I also finally noticed that Will-san uses /escape? /backspace, and /return. which I'm guessing emphasizes the fact that she's an AI of sorts.
My take on it is Touma learned self worth more than anything, that while he cares deeply about protecting others, it doesn't mean when he isn't fighting for others, his own life is worth isn't worth nothing.

I also noticed the call backs to the Sister arc too, also note fight 10031 was in there too.

On the general AI thing... The sisters are basically one huge mind spreed over many bodies, through each "terminal" is somewhat interdependent in thought.

Will is that mind as a united whole, so she isn't directly present (hence she talks like shes typing things out).

The Misaka's 1-20000 ways of talking is them talking on the Network and communicating via data. So there's no real point in body language or tone.. it doesn't translate to electricity. But there a great point in explaining things in context (and third person makes the most sense).

And Last Order gets a kind of feedback (Misaka Misaka!) as all the data goes through her.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:57   Link #2128
Pablete
Banned

Am I the only one who remembers Ollerus also lost his power and was K.O. at the moment minus an arm ans serious injuries?
Old 2014-01-30, 09:28   Link #2129
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post

In the epilogue

Is this the same original world touma in now or is it a little bit different ( and when i mean different I don't mean only Othinus and Touma knowing what has happen), i didn't quite get the index part where touma was shock she was saying? they were at the part in NT8 where they were about to fight her, so index & company would act like this. Did people get this and please explain this to me, cause i was kinda of confuse thank you
Pretty sure it's Touma's, since Othinus stated his world was the one that had what she had been looking for. About Index, have you ever seen her get really pissed with someone that isn't Touma? She's usually pretty calm in the serious moments, so of course he'll be surprised.

@Pablete
Even after the downgrade, Ollerus could still be a decent magician. If he has enough strenght to fight it could be dangerous. Hell, Birdy could help him to send him on Touma.
Old 2014-01-30, 09:31   Link #2130
magistermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Come to think of it ... Correct me if I wrong okay?

Isn't the event Touma and Othinus share kinda remind you to a certain couple?

I talking about Kyon and Suzumiya
so koizumi would be tsuchimikado
mikuru would be mikoto
but the most complexion is who would be nagato
magistermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 09:33   Link #2131
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistermind View Post
so koizumi would be tsuchimikado
mikuru would be mikoto
but the most complexion is who would be nagato
...Himegami.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 09:38   Link #2132
magistermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...Himegami.
hahahaahah but no she is too desperate
we need someone who knows alot is strong and is emotionless but not index
magistermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 09:44   Link #2133
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistermind View Post
hahahaahah but no she is too desperate
we need someone who knows alot is strong and is emotionless but not index
Hello? I'm simply caring for girls with the least fanbase out there.
I couldn't just say Orsola from the get go, could I?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 10:13   Link #2134
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...Himegami.
How about Kazari...??

Kamachi should hiring the bodyguard and adding some of defense system in his house if he decides to "kill" Touma....
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 10:32   Link #2135
Pablete
Banned

Why nobody belives Othinus will die?
Old 2014-01-30, 11:02   Link #2136
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Because the Hero will save her and if it can't be done then he will die with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post

In the epilogue

This was questioned before and had already also been answered.

Specially there was a discussion for this one in speculation for future volumes thread.
Old 2014-01-30, 11:09   Link #2137
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I believe that "The one who purifies God" will indeed end up with that "purified god" now that it's done. Actually I think that Touma x Othinus is one of the few ways some people would start to trust Othinus again (thinking Ollerus in particular).

Also, to me Touma x Othinus is very similar to Battler x Beatrice of Umineko (their respective personalities are kinda similar as well).

I don't know if the whole serie is going to be turned upside down, but this situation right now feels similar (tho on a ridiculously larger scale) as the very first volume to Toaru. Othinus instead of Index.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 11:11   Link #2138
dragon1412

Quote:
Because it would crush Touma since his development is directly related to her, if Othinus die then no matter how beautiful her death is, it will be ultimately a failure for Touma, and i doubt that he would fail when he just found his true motive to fight.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 11:25   Link #2139
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I believe that "The one who purifies God" will indeed end up with that "purified god" now that it's done. Actually I think that Touma x Othinus is one of the few ways some people would start to trust Othinus again (thinking Ollerus in particular).

Also, to me Touma x Othinus is very similar to Battler x Beatrice of Umineko (their respective personalities are kinda similar as well).

I don't know if the whole serie is going to be turned upside down, but this situation right now feels similar (tho on a ridiculously larger scale) as the very first volume to Toaru. Othinus instead of Index.
Aaaaand Beatrice was... guess what? A dead character

Othinus has her very death flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Because it would crush Touma since his development is directly related to her, if Othinus die then no matter how beautiful her death is, it will be ultimately a failure for Touma, and i doubt that he would fail when he just found his true motive to fight.
Eh? Wouldn't that prove if Touma can moveon even if he fails?

Who cares a beatiful death? A meaningful death is what matters, like White beard ftom OP.
Old 2014-01-30, 11:37   Link #2140
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Because Touma has suffered enough. And as established in the last part of the novel, he won't acknowledge a world that crushes Othinus after what he's gone through with her. It would be most horrible kind of bad end.

Also, my god, this ship sails itself.

Tags
infinite hell