Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-01, 21:11   Link #141
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
That thing was (a) never confirmed (b) comes from a random
It was already confirmed by Vadejuegos a spanish video game site. They clarified some aspect.

Quote:
28/02/ UPDATE - Spanish website "Vadejuegos" confirmed with their own sources if the info posted here was true. Their results next:

- Vadejuegos is in position of confirming the story and clarifying some aspects of it.
- Development of Casltevania was very problematic due to leadership and communication problems.
- "Development problems are basically what was posted online".
- "In the end, the lead end up being the person who has been here for the most time or laughs the most at Alvarez' jokes"
- "Being creative there is complicated. People's ideas don't get anywhere. Rafael Jimenez, art director got tired of that and ended up in Tequila. They had him hand tied. He said "Well, here you remain with your brilliant ideas"".
- "Jimenez did the first game's art which was awesome, and (thanks to his departure) this second one is a Frankenstein. There is a power struggle. Some parts are pretty, some aren't".
- "This Castlevania ended up being a little weird due to that. Each department goes with itself and there is no internal communication".
- "They mistreat their people. They.. distrust themselves. It's a very weird ambient, very little creative"
- Relating the stealth sections: "Some of us said, "But what is this? Are we really doing this? Why rats? Really?". Those things were bad and talked between us. This has been like this for 2 years, not before.
- "There weren't any meetings. We found out things llots of times by the press".
- Regarding the first post veracity: "It's not true (that I know of) that Konami is displeased with the game. That can't be known yet".
- "The delay didn't involve out pocket's money (that we know of) it was the normal thing caused by a production of this size.
- Alvarez has been contacted.
http://www.vadejuegos.com/noticias/d...-20140228.html
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 08:16   Link #142
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If they found most things though the press then how come all these wonderful details about the drama are so crystal clear. Also, the attitude especially in the first email is very self-defeating.

I have to wonder if this isn't just 70% drama 30% truth.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:59   Link #143
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay I finished it.
After all the post reviews anti-hype I was surprised to play a very good game. Not a masterpiece sure, but better then expected.

Some random stuff I liked and disliked:
Spoiler for Stuff and some story spoiler:
Old 2014-03-03, 11:12   Link #144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Ignoring this whole Satan vs Dracula stuff, we already know who is the winner and Satan got his ass kicked. Period.

I got something more interesting to share. Someone in GAF translated a mercury steam employee post:
I read the original Spanish interview and it's amazing how a staff member directly called the game "Mierda" (shit). It really looks like there were no good relationships between staff members.
Old 2014-03-03, 13:05   Link #145
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
After all the post reviews anti-hype I was surprised to play a very good game. Not a masterpiece sure, but better then expected.
Ya but this is nothing new. Bad staff relations (japanese studios) or bad manners (lol fez dev) and/or bad management (too many studios to even count) don't really translate into "bad game" as some journalists would spin it as.

Sadly the opposite is true as well, really "creative" and "friendly" studios with "lots of good ideas" can just fail to deliver a product to market.

It's the same with say community involvement, you can have really deep community involvement and end up with a "mediocre" game or you can have nonexistent community involvement and end up with a masterpiece.
Old 2014-03-05, 12:48   Link #146
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Five hours into the game and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I just finished the train section, which was very well done. If the game doesn't drop dramatically in quality soon, I'm going to have to do a little rant video, because there's no way in hell this game is a 60. I mean, numbers aren't everything, and I couldn't care less if a magazine rates a game ten per cent short of what it's deserved in my opinion. I'm not that type of person. But we are talking at least 20 to 25 per cent short here and far from only one magazine. This might be worse than the underappreciation of NIER. Oh well, not passing judgement just yet, I still got 10 or so more hours ahead of me.
Old 2014-03-05, 15:34   Link #147
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The numbers game journalists are really wierd. I mean I heard only praise and hype for the south park game before and after it's launch from journalists that got hands on and tested post release.... 6/10 LOL
Old 2014-03-05, 15:56   Link #148
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Well, the average for South Park so far is about 8/10. Haven't played the game yet, though, so I can't judge it.
The PS3 version of LOS2 however is sitting at 61.89/100.00 across 27 reviews, which is just really unfair.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:50   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 ‘Revelations’ DLC announced

Quote:
Due out on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE on March 25, the ‘Revelations’ add-on puts players in the role of Alucard. As the turned son of Gabriel, Alucard has shunned human life for years, hunting only creatures the night. The add-on is set just before the events of Lords of Shadow 2, where Alucard readies for his father’s return and the forthcoming battle against Satan. The plot will reveal “how the lone vampire is inextricably linked to his father’s fate.”

Alucard is equipped with his own unique abilities, including use of the Glaciem and Igneas powers, as well as the ability to transform into a wolf, swarm of bats, and even turn back time.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 14:44   Link #150
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Enric Álvarez, the game's director complained that the ''Edge'' review was "terribly unfair", and that "one must be blind or stupid to give a 4/10 mark to a game with this quality". Álvarez believed that the game's poorer critical response compared to the original ''Lords of Shadow'' was due to the heightened expectations of a sequel. Still, on the whole, Álvarez said of the reception, "I tend to think positive after reading some things. I’m glad that some people are writing about games instead of making them."

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/ent...lmente-injusto
Old 2014-03-07, 17:17   Link #151
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Well, I agree with the guy.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:10   Link #152
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Five hours into the game and I'm still enjoying it a lot. I just finished the train section, which was very well done. If the game doesn't drop dramatically in quality soon, I'm going to have to do a little rant video, because there's no way in hell this game is a 60. I mean, numbers aren't everything, and I couldn't care less if a magazine rates a game ten per cent short of what it's deserved in my opinion. I'm not that type of person. But we are talking at least 20 to 25 per cent short here and far from only one magazine. This might be worse than the underappreciation of NIER. Oh well, not passing judgement just yet, I still got 10 or so more hours ahead of me.
agreed the reviewers seem to have over bloated expectations me i got what i paid which is good enjoyable game and dracula playable and now alucard as well with the turn back time ability guess al finally master the time tool he got in mirror of fate
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote