AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 29 43.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 39.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-07, 02:21   Link #41
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
How disgusting.
You need to use a picture of Asuka Langley Soryu there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
The Life Fiber of Origin turned into a space ship-like thing... Wonder what it will do next...
It floats over the Earth in the hands of a Giant Not-Naked Ragyo, spinning a ball of Tang COVERS?

Ahem. Got the NGE business out of the way.

So, the notorious "21IDIE" bit was true... and fake. Glad they didn't actually have Mako trigger the full Senketsu transformation, that would not have made sense even in this show's wild careening willingness to occasionally toss sense out the window.

The Hallelujah sequences: They're Mako's special ability, of course it'll reappear. It's just that they've stopped working lately due to obvious changes in circumstance. Sort of like the Chuunibyou turning off.

Liked how things played out on the plotting and scheming front with regard to Satsuki having a clever plan that involved the Elite Four and Mako and the Life Fiber Vaccuum Tube Thing reappearing.
Old 2014-03-07, 03:25   Link #42
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Favourite part of episode
Agreed, good to see she gets what she deserves.
Old 2014-03-07, 05:03   Link #43
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

Quote:
I whole heartily agree with this statement she has been annoying me through out this serious well to much. It is her time to die in a painful way

This episode was soooo good even though like others have pointed out the premise has been done before. The action is brilliant and the over the top scenes always make me grin with how awesomely delivered they are.
Old 2014-03-07, 06:01   Link #44
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I love Nui as an unrepentant psycho in the vein of Kefka or the Joker, or most the cast of Higurashi at some point or another, but yeah, it's just about time for her to die. Hopefully very painfully, and in a very cool fashion. Don't think for a second that the offhand mention of her being completely incompatible with life fibers (other than her own) was a throw-away line. Chances are that will have something to do with her demise.
Old 2014-03-07, 06:34   Link #45
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

My Yuri goggles were glued on during the first 2 minutes.
Old 2014-03-07, 07:22   Link #46
Rogue66

Good episode, like everyone else what was the point of those first minutes, but that aside the episode was well done the fight was fun to watch and again Mako save Ryuuko it seem to be the only main thing she does in this show.

So the next episode look like Nui will final be kill and Ryuuko will get the other half of the scissor blade.
Old 2014-03-07, 07:33   Link #47
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue66 View Post
Good episode, like everyone else what was the point of those first minutes, but that aside the episode was well done the fight was fun to watch and again Mako save Ryuuko it seem to be the only main thing she does in this show.
I think there actually is something to the nakedness of those three. Since they're all three life fiber beings of some degree, and wearing life fiber clothing, they are, in some respects, naked. Their clothing is them (in Nui's case this is probably very literal, since she wears self-healing clothing that we learned this episode can't be made of foreign life-fibers). Plus they were all in Ryuuko's head, so maybe there was some Freudian influence there...

Quote:
So the next episode look like Nui will final be kill and Ryuuko will get the other half of the scissor blade.
I'm not so sure. All three major weapons have a matching color motif with their wielder. Ryuuko's red scissor blade, Satsuki's blue-highlighted Bakuzan, and Nui's purple scissor blade. If Satsuki or Ryuuko gains the purple blade, that symmetry is thrown out of whack.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-03-07 at 07:45.
Old 2014-03-07, 07:46   Link #48
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

This episode was damn right awesome!! the fights were amazing the whole episode was intense! Once again the music was epic aswell, this show is just getting better and better ^^

10/10
Old 2014-03-07, 07:57   Link #49
Rogue66

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think there actually is something to the nakedness of those three. Since they're all three life fiber beings of some degree, and wearing life fiber clothing, they are, in some respects, naked. Their clothing is them (in Nui's case this is probably very literal, since she wears self-healing clothing that we learned this episode can't be made of foreign life-fibers). Plus they were all in Ryuuko's head, so maybe there was some Freudian influence there...
ok that make a little more senses even through it still disturbing.

Quote:
I'm not so sure. All three major weapons have a matching color motif with their wielder. Ryuuko's red scissor blade, Satsuki's blue-highlighted Bakuzan, and Nui's purple scissor blade. If Satsuki or Ryuuko gains the purple blade, that symmetry is thrown out of whack.
wasn't Nui's scissor blade colour red original before it was purple .
Old 2014-03-07, 08:15   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
wasn't Nui's scissor blade colour red original before it was purple .
Who knows? The only time we see the assembled scissors is in flashback, when everything is sepia toned.
Old 2014-03-07, 08:24   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent episode. Very exciting and thrilling to watch with lots of great action and intensity.

Senketsu!Satsuki looked fantastic, and I liked Satsuki's strategy since it was genuinely clever/cunning and managed to get the Elite Four more involved (and even make Gamagoori's new weapon seem like more than just an one-off to push forward his relationship with Mako).

I also like how Satsuki wants her sister to live, if possible.

To address some criticisms:

1) Ragyo is being Ragyo. Yes, it's disturbing, but it's also her consistent characterization, and I don't see the problem as she's a clear-cut villain (it's not like this is being portrayed in a positive light). Villains often do disturbing things. In fact, that's often what makes them villains. Same thing applies to Nui. Kill La Kill just isn't pulling any punches here, and that's one of the show's strengths, in my view.

2) Ryuuko seems to have been mindwarped, and so isn't "all there". In such a state, it makes sense that she'd do strange things. I honestly liked the Ryuuko/Nui kiss because it very effectively shows just how far gone Ryuuko is.

3) I'm fine with Mako playing a key role here because she failed last episode. Mako had to really work for it, and put herself on the line, this time. Also, it makes more sense for Mako to be able to get through to Ryuuko than it does for Satsuki to. Satsuki and Ryuuko have been at odds for most of the show. Mind-warped as Ryuuko is, I think her insults of Satsuki were very sincere, reflecting how annoyed Ryuuko has become with Satsuki's "big talk" over the course of the full story. So it wouldn't make much sense for Satsuki to get through to Ryuko with such "big talk".
Old 2014-03-07, 08:57   Link #52
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Have I mentioned I fucking love this anime? I fucking love this anime.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:25   Link #53
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's been awhile since Ryuko got Mako'ed. I was half expecting Mako to get Simon-ed near the end but it looks like all is good in the grand scheme of things.

But it's only episode 21, we still got 5 more episode to go. I wonder what insanity Ragyo is going to come up with and we still yet to see what's the big bad kamui is going to be.

Also, I wonder what role Satsuki is going to play. If she going to be Nudist from now on? Or will we ever see another Satsuki x Kamui return?
Old 2014-03-07, 10:22   Link #54
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
It's been awhile since Ryuko got Mako'ed. I was half expecting Mako to get Simon-ed near the end but it looks like all is good in the grand scheme of things.

But it's only episode 21, we still got 5 more episode to go. I wonder what insanity Ragyo is going to come up with and we still yet to see what's the big bad kamui is going to be.

Also, I wonder what role Satsuki is going to play. If she going to be Nudist from now on? Or will we ever see another Satsuki x Kamui return?
3 episodes, not 5 .

This episode felt a bit tired in a sense - for the first time, I felt a bit let down compared to the buildup. But that was maybe just me, today's a "meh" day. Anyway, plenty of great moments. I think the ones I loved the most were Ryuko's sudden Nui kiss (I had to prepare tea and start drinking it only to spit it in surprise as a response to that) and the Mako&Senketsu Wedding Crashers moment (with the doorknob hitting Mr. Lifefiber and making him fall stiff on the ground ). The whole "it's beautiful to be worn by Life Fibers" angle was... creepy. In a very good way, to me. I generally like how the Life Fibers are this walking bundle of sexual references that range from reassuring (Ryuko sincronizing with Senketsu) to downright scary (Ragyo and everything even remotely related to her).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:52   Link #55
Death Usagi
Banned

In the preview, what are those life fibers that are floating around? O.o Remanent of Junketsu maybe?
Old 2014-03-07, 11:11   Link #56
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I really hope my wished for Ryuuko-turning-Kamui ending will happen. It would be really awesome.
Old 2014-03-07, 11:14   Link #57
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Ryuuko becomes a kamui, Satsuki wears her, and together they defeat Ragyo once and for all. Could be a very poetic and fitting ending.
Old 2014-03-07, 11:15   Link #58
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The action was great, but the comedic timing of everything was just spot on. I don't get the complaints about the animation for KLK. Everything is smoothly animated and budget constraints are handled creatively, for the most part (some bits get recycled a bit too much, but that's not unusual for action anime). I've never walked away from an episode feeling let down by the art, and I find the "cartoony" look that Trigger has used works really well to juxtapose the sexuality and violence inherent in the plot.

Nor do I get the complaints about the fan-service. So far everything about the nudity and near nudity of the show has had an explanation, including the creepy touching bits with Ragyo. This episode doesn't say it outright, but it does show it: the reason why the life fibers overwhelm humans is because (at least in the mind of Ragyo) clothing is literally pleasurable to wear. People do wear clothing to look and feel good, and clothing is often a human symbol for sexual behavior: just look at dressing up for a date, lingerie, and yes even a wedding dress and tuxedo: symbols of the official declaration of a mating pair joining together. So the show takes the ideas of what clothing symbolizes to humans and runs with it in an over the top scenario: protection, power, sex, etc.

That said, Satsuki's plan was genuinely clever, with an honest admission that she could never defeat Ryuko simply by wearing Senketsu. This episode also highlights the strength of Mako's character as someone who is literally willing to put herself in harms way to save her friend. The second Halleluiah was brilliant, with the music being broken at first, and despite my desire to see Mako take on a more fighting role, I'll take this because it worked so well. Seeing her wear Senketsu is good enough for me. Also kudos to her family for risking their lives to protect their daughter. The show has done a great job of not throwing away characters simply because the plot doesn't demand their constant presence. It does mean some characterization had to suffer but it has made the cast more memorable overall.

Finally, Nui. Yeeeeessss. I loved that scene. It was hilarious and perfectly violent. I love how they've created a character that is so villainous and threatening without the over the top malice of Ragyo. In fact, it compliments Ragyo perfectly. She would be a weaker main villain without Nui, in my opinion.

Overall this was a fantastic episode and I'm genuinely excited to see the last few episodes conclude this epic series.
Old 2014-03-07, 11:24   Link #59
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ryuuko becomes a kamui, Satsuki wears her, and together they defeat Ragyo once and for all. Could be a very poetic and fitting ending.
Interesting idea. All this episode long I've been thinking about the possibility of Ryuuko dying at the end. Is it just me or there is a fair number of death flags raised for her?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-07, 11:32   Link #60
Tiberium Wolf

I think they should have used this ep to kill off Mako. Having Mako sacrifice her life to bring Ryuuko back would have been perfect.

Tags
blood bath