AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-22, 14:32   Link #21
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankoku
The previous leader Rado is referring to is the King.
Yeah, I didn't think Rad/Rado was referring to the previous leader of Aswald either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri
Except that the malfunction occured centuries ago. Go back and listen to what she says again, she's clearly talking about the '12 Kingdoms' war as the cause.

Yes, I understand that. My statement still holds. They stated that the sickness was caused by the malfunction of a weapon during the war of the 12 Kingdoms. They say that it is that sickness which caused people to believe the Black Valley was cursed. They never once said WHEN Midori and crew became sick and the fact of the matter is that we never see anyone else from the Black Valley as having any sort of sickness. Injuries, yes, sickness, no. It is never specifically stated WHEN the previous ruler of Aswald is killed, or WHEN Midori became their leader, or WHEN any of them became cyborgs. Just that they did and it all happened in some sequential order.

So if you want to nitpick, the answer to the OP's question is "the series never established when the previous leader died or how". However, I do believe they were asking for "ideas" on how said person died. I don't think it's terribly relevent to the story, but if you're curious, you're curious. Therefore, my "idea" is that the previous leader died in the original malfunction, the sickness spread as far as it was going to get, Midori and crew contracted it, became cyborgs, time passed, she became leader, more time passed, they attacked Windbloom.

- Kira
Old 2006-03-22, 14:39   Link #22
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
Yes, I understand that. My statement still holds. They stated that the sickness was caused by the malfunction of a weapon during the war of the 12 Kingdoms. They say that it is that sickness which caused people to believe the Black Valley was cursed. They never once said WHEN Midori and crew became sick and the fact of the matter is that we never see anyone else from the Black Valley as having any sort of sickness.
Except that we do. I forget the kids name but the one with the crutch has whatever it is. Also, the fact that we see Midori, Youko and Reito as children pretty much indicates that they couldn't have been alive when the malfunction happened in the first place. Midori and Reito may have their REM/Cyborg tech to keep them alive indefinitely but Youko doesn't. Actually, Midori states that her REM could fail at any time so I doubt she's been living with that for 300+ years either.
Old 2006-03-22, 15:48   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

That kid is sick but in the same episode we see many old people (there's even an old man with white hair who's working on some device, and I seriosly doubt that he's the ugliest guy in the village and that white is his natural color) ... are you suggesting that they're cyborgs in descuise.
Old 2006-03-23, 01:19   Link #24
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri
Midori and Reito may have their REM/Cyborg tech to keep them alive indefinitely but Youko doesn't. Actually, Midori states that her REM could fail at any time so I doubt she's been living with that for 300+ years either.

Actually, we have no idea about Midori's past except that she knew Midori and crew, so, frankly, yes they could tell me she's a cyborg and I'd buy it. The point is that we don't know. You can doubt all you want, fine, that's your opinion, but it doesn't prove anything.

@ BlackCatXIII

I assume you meant to say that the old people have the disease? I don't ever remember this being hinted at or stated. If you're old you're not in the best of health period. The only person who comes close is the boy with the leg problem and honestly, a leg problem doesn't constitute a deadly disease. Now if they specifically say that he has the disease, then I simply forgot that part, you'll have to forgive me as I'm only human and we're prone to mistakes. Even if the boy has the disease it certainly doesn't look like the whole village does, though it is implied. Additionally, if the rest of the village is infected... how the hell have they lived if Midori and crew had to become cyborgs in order to survive it?

As I said before, there's no conclusive evidence either way.

- Kira
Old 2006-03-23, 01:34   Link #25
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The disease is probably various, many will die young but those that survive will live in pain as they grow older, hence they have more older people than they have kids. Or the disease is more fatal and kids are more vulnerable to it at a younger age.

Midori says this herself prior to the assault on Garderobe, "I can't let our people wait any longer." She's clearly talking about her village in general.

Eventually they'll become extinct if something isn't done soon. Their kids will die before they even hit puberty so yes it is a serious case whether you like it or not. There's no future if all of your kids are getting axed off. This case is similar to that Planet which escapes my tongue at the moment in Vandread 2nd series.

Quote:
Now if they specifically say that he has the disease, then I simply forgot that part, you'll have to forgive me as I'm only human and we're prone to mistakes.
"You guys saw Lugh right? His disease has started, he doesn't have long."
-Lumen

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2006-03-23 at 01:50.
Closed Thread