Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 17:34   Link #1001
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Yes, the situation in the first episode, Bloom vs Weed Miyuki could not foresee what is going to happen, Tatsuya already realizes that Mari and Mayumi would show up.
Not even Miyuki reading situations is better than Tatsuya does.
These kinds of feat are rare and ideal for some people.
Practically every scene he is in, he is analyzing his surroundings or what everyone else is doing/feeling. Just like when his sister was getting upset about their parents' lack of attention towards him and was unleashing her power, he noticed while on the computer and calmed her down. Unlike your typical main character, he keeps himself aware of everything around him. He doesnt have tunnel vision.
Old 2014-04-10, 18:16   Link #1002
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I deleted 16 posts from this thread for going into a tangent discussing the novel and whether you should read it. This is off-topic in the anime thread, and consistent with our policy is not allowed. If you wish to seek out information about the novel or manga, please go to the LN/Manga sub-forum.

I am also asking again that all novel readers to not participate in speculative discussions with anime-only viewers about characters or plot elements. Even if people have wrong/misguided/limited impressions after episode 1, you must let the anime clear them up in time. If people really want to read the LN to have their misconceptions cleared up now, they know where to go.
Old 2014-04-10, 18:20   Link #1003
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Free Avatars (Continuation)

Mayumi

Miyuki

Mizuki

Mari

Spoiler for Old Post:
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-04-11, 07:33   Link #1004
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
And that he's good at reading activation sequences, has topped the theoretical score in the entrance exam and is good at martial arts.
Okay, that's baddass potential. I like where this show is going, although there seems to be quite a load of harem elements with women showing up wherever Tatsuya moves around. Except at the dojo where he was fighting.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 18:09   Link #1005
Kakurin
大佐

Preview of the next episode on Dengeki Online (including pictures): http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/837/837133/

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-11, 18:22   Link #1006
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
I'll take this one.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 18:30   Link #1007
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Preview of the next episode on Dengeki Online (including pictures): http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/837/837133/

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
........................*Laughs evilly*

Oh, this'll be good.
Old 2014-04-11, 18:31   Link #1008
SeaDoor

The first episode had elements that reminded me of another anime series but I had a hard time trying to figure out which one. I think I've got it finally. Episode 1 reminded me of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica and especially the lead characters.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 18:38   Link #1009
guestuser

^i cant believe u would make that connection with this series but people do have their own opinion
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:13   Link #1010
BlueDanube

Why BD sales very low ? Just check amazon and Date a Live rank much higher than mahouka.
BlueDanube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:17   Link #1011
Death Usagi
Banned

I swear compared to Oreimo, the incest pairing in this series is really fantastic and satisfactory compared to the irritation you get from Oreimo from Kirino and Kyosuke.

Miyuki x her badass onii-sama for the win!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:18   Link #1012
Quol
That Guy

Not sure how to answer about the sales being low but if i had to guess as to why date a live is higher, it would probably because its in season 2 while mahouka is only just starting. Essentially date a live already has an extra 13 episodes backing it up while mahouka has none.

And i agree i like the siblings in mahouka a lot more than oreimo
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:30   Link #1013
rladls716

Seeing the opening and repeated.
The way Miyuki and Tatsuya both grips their hands and facing each other probably, what does that mean? What are they going to do after that? Fanservice?

Of course siblings in Mahouka are more likeable than Oreimo, see how their conversations are all in sense unlike Oreimo siblings talking to each others are mostly nonsense topics.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:43   Link #1014
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
Why BD sales very low ? Just check amazon and Date a Live rank much higher than mahouka.
Well, i think this anime wants more people to purchase the light novel so check if there are any increase in sales there.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:47   Link #1015
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
Seeing the opening and repeated.
The way Miyuki and Tatsuya both grips their hands and facing each other probably, what does that mean? What are they going to do after that? Fanservice?
No one can answer your question here without breaking the no spoilers rule. If you really want an answer to your question, ask it in the Spoiler-restricted Q&A thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 21:51   Link #1016
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Well, i think this anime wants more people to purchase the light novel so check if there are any increase in sales there.
There was a fair increase in sales in volume 1 of Mahouka, it sold like around 5000 I think, so that did well...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 23:01   Link #1017
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It's a big cast, so it has taken me a while to produce a characters/seiyuuus page. Pics of 18 characters and their seiyuus, with a bit of info about each seiyuu. Ep2 out in around 12 hours.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 23:38   Link #1018
rickiminato

i will take tatsuya
Old 2014-04-12, 01:59   Link #1019
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
The first episode had elements that reminded me of another anime series but I had a hard time trying to figure out which one. I think I've got it finally. Episode 1 reminded me of Hagure Yuusha no Estetica and especially the lead characters.
I can see that. Magic school, mysterious MC, clingy MC-main heroine relationship, etc. And the character designs and production values are not too dissimilar. Strangely, I find it more similar to Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, but that's probably just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's a big cast, so it has taken me a while to produce a characters/seiyuuus page. Pics of 18 characters and their seiyuus, with a bit of info about each seiyuu. Ep2 out in around 12 hours.
Wait, you're the guy who actually produces these pages? I see them all over the place. Sweet.

EDIT: So Kirihara is Kyon. I don't know what to say about that... ^_^
Old 2014-04-12, 02:04   Link #1020
Kakurin
大佐

Where are those Kirino / Kyousuke comparisons coming from? From what I can see in episode 1 it is and entirely different series with a different focus. Just because you have an extreme case of brocon-ness doesn't mean that you can really compare them. Or should we compare Mahouka to Code Geass next, because there we also have a brocon sister and a caring brother who wants to protect his sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
There are already pre-order numbers available on amazon? Well, I think we should wait until making a judgement considering that DAL II's BDs come out in June and Mahouka's in July, still much time left.

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural