AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 05:33   Link #2361
Tenzen12

It make quite sense. Hachiman saved SC from falling appart but his last monologue shows he knows that there is far more things that just sole existence that need mending.

Still honest Hachiman is something I realy look forward to.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 05:52   Link #2362
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

"During the main event, Yukinon & Hikki's boke routine got so much that they won a good scolding from the student council president"
Old 2014-04-19, 06:12   Link #2363
Triok123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
"During the main event, Yukinon & Hikki's boke routine got so much that they won a good scolding from the student council president"

wut?? mind explain.?
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 06:44   Link #2364
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
wut?? mind explain.?
I haven't read the scene (I sooo want to ), is an extract from comments about the volume. Excorsism; in you, we trust
Old 2014-04-19, 08:40   Link #2365
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
That's like an inverse Seitokai Yakuindomo.

EDIT: 7th chapter of the 1st book updated on NanoDesu.

Last edited by lijenstina; 2014-04-19 at 09:04.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:17   Link #2366
Heat066

Looking forward to 8man opening up to Yukino, I'm sure Yukino would think "This guy is something else.."

In exchange, she'll surely open up to him, that would be her defrosting point.

Thinking about it, it was all a trust issue I guess.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 12:44   Link #2367
Cinnamon

Some more impressions:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/taida5656/20140418/p1

Really looking forward to that 8man and Yukinon scene at the amusement park when they where alone. Seems it was here 8man became honest with himself and where Yukino said the phrase that has circulated on the boards: 「いつか、私を助けてね」. Cannot wait to get the book (A week though...)
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 12:47   Link #2368
Birdway
Banned

I better warn you guys, keep your romantic googles aside .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 12:53   Link #2369
Cinnamon

I think we all are too affected by that ending from book 8 :P That was quite moody so the thought of a happy ending to this volume is quite pleasing.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:22   Link #2370
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Some more impressions:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/taida5656/20140418/p1

Really looking forward to that 8man and Yukinon scene at the amusement park when they where alone. Seems it was here 8man became honest with himself and where Yukino said the phrase that has circulated on the boards: 「いつか、私を助けてね」. Cannot wait to get the book (A week though...)
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2014-04-19, 13:48   Link #2371
kivredia

As long as she never loses the sharp tongue defrosting is perfectly fine, although it might lead to some heart attacks here and there.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 13:51   Link #2372
Excorsism

Quote:
I haven't read the scene (I sooo want to ), is an extract from comments about the volume. Excorsism; in you, we trust
Now that's a scene I look forward to, .

Anyway, Yukino''s line is definitely setting up for a confrontation with her family and I imagine this is where Hachiman's going to swoop in and make Yukino his permanent waifu.

...Not really, but a man can dream, .
Old 2014-04-19, 13:55   Link #2373
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I wonder what will Haruno think of this development, since, regardless of all the teasing, I don't really think she would want Hikki getting close with Yukino, much less to finally drive her to confront her family issues (read: Haruno)...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:06   Link #2374
iCK

I posted my theory on how 8man would save Yukino, thus ending the series as a couple last year around June. It was deleted because I was flamed and I flamed back (People didn't even see Yukino being a love interested this time last year)

Solving Yukino's problem/past will be the epitome of the series..

Now i'm bringing my quote back from november.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I wish my theory on why Yukino is/is going to fall in love with Hikki wasn't deleted months ago just because the later volumes are proving it correct. I would type it all out, but I would probably get into another argument... Rather, why is it so hard for people to accept that Yukino was always a kuudere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
My shorted version theory on why Yukino will love and win 8man.

Yukino has a problem a lot of problems in her past and 8man has turmoil within himself. Yui has no problems and just basically has a high school crush on 8man.

Due to story structure, this novel can go on 20+ volumes just because they can always address new problems with somebody in their high school, but as each problem is solved there is something that is always pointed in a wily way.(meaning it's not the focus of the current volume of the novel, but actually a major part of the plot) But I think Wataru is only making 12 or 16.

The real reason why Yukino will win and love 8man is because her problems aren't even solved yet, but is always lightly touched within each novel. It's always brought up, but the author always dodges digging too deep into her past this early and makes sure he focuses on the current problem which in vol 8. is the election. It's a trend I started noticing in Volume 3 with the way he dodges solving Yukino's problems. Haruno (who is doing this on purpose) is the real wild card though, she will basically push Yukino to the point where Yukino will need someone else's help, who will be 8man. 8man saving Yukino and Yukino falling in love will be the climax of the whole series.

My predicted climax and thoughts on 8man:
Believe or not, 8man has always wanted friends and not be a loner, that is why he helps people in general. (8man declares that he is a loner, yet a loner would truly not go out of their way to help someone/talk to someone/do anything with people at all. At the start of the series, he wanted to become popular until he was hit by a car saving Yui's dog.) The reason why he helps people the way he does is because he has no other way because his experience with being nice is basically nix due to the harshness of being treated by others when he tried to interact with others. 8man will probably have tons of respect by everyone near the end/climax, but will sacrifice it and be hated to save Yukino in some way.

This volume basically proves my point just because if 8man was a real loner, he would not have cared if the club was disbanded but rather happy about it (We were introduced with him being forced into the club). If you say it was for someone else then hes not a loner like he says he is, but he really did it for himself so he didn't have to be a loner.

The real members (Yukino & 8man) of the servicing club services everyone but themselves.

8man is socially awkward, not a self-made loner but a loner made by others.

Yukino is actually really weak for not asking others for help. Haruno is trying to help her notice that.
I guess saving is more of a drastic way of saying helping.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:07   Link #2375
Zoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I wonder what will Haruno think of this development, since, regardless of all the teasing, I don't really think she would want Hikki getting close with Yukino, much less to finally drive her to confront her family issues (read: Haruno)...
Haruno vs Hachiman? Maybe by extension, Hayoto/Haruno vs Hachiman. It will be interesting what the confrontation will be and how Hachiman can deal with it.
Zoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:20   Link #2376
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I don't really think she would want Hikki getting close with Yukino, much less to finally drive her to confront her family issues (read: Haruno)...
You are totally misreading Haruno's character, she'll totally welcome Yukinon finally taking up arms

What we know about Haruno :

- Slightly hinted that their family 'circumstances' is her mother's iron fist rule and rather than their "rivalry".
- Develops through conflict
- Suspected siscon by Hikki (flocks of a feather? ). "Plays so much with something she likes, that ends up breaking it"
- Seems to want independence for her (there it has been parallels between her opinion and Shizuka's-- Shi-chan clearly stated "stop chasing shadows")
- She finds an "always pursuing little sister" cute, aka she doesn't take seriously <.--- This is important

It's probably the last point the only one that makes sense once you consider the first points, it's obvious that Haruno want Yukinon to have a dream of her own, rather than focusing on antagonizing someone and forgeting everything else, it's implied that she thinks of a pursuing Yukinon as a child, and she has been doing stuff to push her to mature into adulthood through some questionable means (well, they can't interact normally ).

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-05-13 at 15:40.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:23   Link #2377
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

this is kinda cool
Spoiler for stuff:
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:34   Link #2378
Tenzen12

You know Ick, your theory was unplasauble before and it didn't improve a bit by time. Well, there is no point repeating whole thing again so you can just recall arguments from that time as they remain unchanged as well.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:39   Link #2379
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
this is kinda cool
Spoiler for stuff:
Wataru Sensei is marrying!!! Congratulations!!

or did I get it wrong?
Old 2014-04-19, 17:39   Link #2380
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You know Ick, your theory was unplasauble before and it didn't improve a bit by time. Well, there is no point repeating whole thing again so you can just recall arguments from that time as they remain unchanged as well.
Really? What chapter of vol 9 are you on?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck