AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 12:49   Link #1761
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Have to say through, you loves Kongou, don't you Klashikari? ^^

Probably my favourite daughter as well, partly because some of her similarity to Haruhi

Her Kai art was a shame through, hope by order we will have a Rei version eventually...
Old 2014-04-23, 13:15   Link #1762
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Have to say through, you loves Kongou, don't you Klashikari? ^^
Yahagi you mean (a bit why I keep using her as a flagship even if she isn't an optimum choice at all).
Kongou is pretty fun, but I prefer Haruna among the Kongou Class, hence why I'm a bit curious how her Kai ni will go.
I would actually dispatch Haruna, but since she is lvl99, it would be a waste of exp, so Kongou.

I initially wanted to go with either Yahagi or Haruna av/sig combo, but none actually have a distinct fanart yet, and Kongou is far easier to recognize for those who don't play KC.
Quote:
Her Kai art was a shame through, hope by order we will have a Rei version eventually...
Well, I don't think they will change it, it would be rather awkward to "admit it isn't good".
That's why my current Kongou is rather low leveled, since it is my second one I started few weeks ago. My first Kongou is Kai Ni Lvl88 due to Fall and Arpeggio events, otherwise she would have stayed around lvl75.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-04-23 at 13:31.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 13:56   Link #1763
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
.I would actually dispatch Haruna, but since she is lvl99, it would be a waste of exp, so Kongou.
...And thanks to the event coming around, I managed to clear the last vestiges of my own Haruna's level 99 quest. Now she's a massive experience sink hole for me as well. Now my upcoming third ship to hit that might be Mutsu, who's at 97 and Isuzu's pretty close as well, at 96.

I honestly don't mind sending out Haruna for the event at the moment, as E2 gives a pretty paltry amount for non-MVPs (from my view anyways). Perhaps at the higher ones I might hesitate.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 14:01   Link #1764
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The E-5 boss is an oni? Oh boy, just wait until they come up with a Hime.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 14:03   Link #1765
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For those who were traumatized by 3-2, well...

This node is mandatory, and you need 5 destroyers/CL to reach it.
Oh, and of course, they do gain double attack this way.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-04-23 at 14:15.
Old 2014-04-23, 14:38   Link #1766
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I can't even touch the boss node of E2 so far... The night battle node hates me and just HAS to get someone to red, forcing me to retreat. ._.

EDIT: I finally got through with someone on orange at least and S-ranked the first time I hit the boss node. Maybe my luck's just tsundere with me.

Last edited by RapidPotential; 2014-04-23 at 14:54.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 15:45   Link #1767
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
The E-5 boss is an oni? Oh boy, just wait until they come up with a Hime.
I think we're gonna meet the upgraded version of her in the real deal: Midway.

Just like how Anchorage Oni got an upgrade to Hime in the past.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 16:39   Link #1768
kivredia

Quote:
For those who were traumatized by 3-2, well...

This node is mandatory, and you need 5 destroyers/CL to reach it.
Oh, and of course, they do gain double attack this way.
You can run 5 DD + BBv and you will only get the sub node -> pre boss -> boss. Abreast -> diamond -> abreast.

The BBv will get you a second shelling and maybe it gets attacked instead of weak DDs. You can set it up normally with 2x46cm/Type3/Seaplane which should improve AA and might take out some stuff at the pre Boss.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 16:42   Link #1769
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
You can run 5 DD + BBv and you will only get the sub node -> pre boss -> boss. Abreast -> diamond -> abreast.

The BBv will get you a second shelling and maybe it gets attacked instead of weak DDs. You can set it up normally with 2x46cm/Type3/Seaplane which should improve AA and might take out some stuff at the pre Boss.
That's not the problem. Wo Kai and the Flagship BB will ruin your run if you are unlucky (Wo Kai can bombard Mutsu to red with the initial air strike).
By the way, I would rather use a normal BB than a BBV, simply because the latter are likely to be toasted to red with the CV and BB.

Diamond is suicide, as it will increase damage you take from shelling, thus the BB, and even the CA can worsen the situation due to the double attack.
Old 2014-04-23, 16:45   Link #1770
kivredia

Hmm it worked for me and others for E-4, you still have to get lucky with RNG that's true. There's also repair teams but I don't want to use them ~ Didn't try a normal BB for branching, just stuck with what worked.
Old 2014-04-23, 16:49   Link #1771
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm 2 kill short of being done with E4 anyway. But really, this specific node is a nightmare considering you are much more at risk to retreat than before. At this rate, I will simply use Musashi instead of Mutsu, considering the insane critical rate of Wo Kai. But really, the moment you see a green T cross, things are going downhill right from the bat...

Also, I would rather save my damecon for E5.
Old 2014-04-23, 17:08   Link #1772
kivredia

Green T cross has been my bane on god knows how many event battles so far. I'm at E-5 but I'll wait until there's more information so I don't waste my resources. Also everyone seems to be running it with Yamato/Nagato class and Taiho. I don't have any of those ...^^

Don't wanna bash my head against it only to realize that fast BBs won't cut it. Watching the Goddess is a better way to spent my time.
Old 2014-04-23, 18:01   Link #1773
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Going to spend the day at work on resource recovery and questing, then hitting E-2 again and see if RNG will be merciful. Seriously, last night was RNG BS on an unprecedented level. If I get annoyed enough I might just throw 4 BBs + CVs and call it a day on E-2. ^^;

EDIT: Scratch that. It seems that with the changes and update for the event, the API link when used at work just gets stuck at the "boat loading" screen. Drat.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-04-23 at 18:38.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 18:45   Link #1774
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
EDIT: Scratch that. It seems that with the changes and update for the event, the API link when used at work just gets stuck at the "boat loading" screen. Drat.
Make an html file with this script:

Spoiler:

I had the same trouble at first but this script solved the problem. It's just an embedding script, nothing fishy about it.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-04-23 at 18:57.
Old 2014-04-23, 18:57   Link #1775
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, doesn't seem to be working. Opening the HTML file only gives me a white screen, and a blank box where the AP/Flash for the game is supposed to be.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:33   Link #1776
usspaul

I have a question about Akashi how does one use her? as in when does she start to repair ships and what not and whats the lvl of damage can she repair ? also another thing does the damaged ships you have need to be in the same fleet as her or could you have her say on one of your other fleets and she would fix ships on your main fleet.

Last edited by usspaul; 2014-04-23 at 19:45.
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 19:39   Link #1777
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Also, I would rather save my damecon for E5.
I wouldn't use damecon for E5 if I were you.
You need every bit of firepower for the boss node to even hope to chip the boss gauge. A red ship has literally no firepower, plus you're sacrificing an equipment slot for a map that has an extreme demand on gear. It won't do you any good even if you make it to the boss with a damecon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hmm, doesn't seem to be working. Opening the HTML file only gives me a white screen, and a blank box where the AP/Flash for the game is supposed to be.
Strange. Does adding <body> </body> around it help? If not then I really don't know how to fix it because that's basically all there is in my html file.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:45   Link #1778
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I wouldn't use damecon for E5 if I were you.
You need every bit of firepower for the boss node to even hope to chip the boss gauge. A red ship has literally no firepower, plus you're sacrificing an equipment slot for a map that has an extreme demand on gear. It won't do you any good even if you make it to the boss with a damecon.
I'm following the setup I had for 5-5: the damecon would be used on CV only, and only pushed through if I'm on the pre boss node, assuming only 1 or 2 at most are out.

Generally speaking, you barely do anything with CV during shelling phase considering the ridiculous armor around. And suffice to say, the loss of power due to the last slot used by the damecon is acceptable.

The crux of dealing with 5-5 is to have Yamato and Musashi in good shape for the boss node, and E5 doesn't look exactly that different, except you have a Fall Event Hime instead of a Re/Hime on the face.
But as far as it goes, if I didn't have the damecon, there is no way I could deal with 5-5 to begin with, simply because the chance to have a CV in red HP at the pre boss node is extremely high.

In any case, the major problem in E5 is to get through the second node without taking too much damage, but considering the insane air power of the boss, I guess I will have to put even more reppu and forgo the damecon anyway.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-04-23 at 20:21.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:52   Link #1779
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am done for today, managed to pass E2 spending about 15k of fuel 10k of ammo, 10k of metal but only about 1.5k of bauxite. Using carriers mostly for anti-air might explain why.
Old 2014-04-23, 20:51   Link #1780
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I think we're gonna meet the upgraded version of her in the real deal: Midway.

Just like how Anchorage Oni got an upgrade to Hime in the past.
You know, I wonder if there's a connection between the E3 boss with Airfield Hime, they look really alike in a way. Maybe this is Airfield Mk II, or...maybe her onee-san lol?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls