AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-05-05, 16:07   Link #2341
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Isayama is too scared of his fans for anything bad to happen to Sasha, and I agree with desrtsku's analysis of why Jean wouldn't rebel.

If anything, I think Mikasa is the most likely to mutiny. Her priorities are still Eren #1, 2 and 3 with humanity a distant 4th, so at some point she's going to be faced with the fact that everyone else on her team -- even Armin, I think -- sees Eren as a tool for defeating the titans who could be sacrificed if the situation calls for it. I can imagine a scenario where Jean and Armin try to convince her that Eren has to sacrifice himself for the good of humanity, and when that fails Levi tries to take her down in a one-on-one fight (cue revelation about their relationship).
Very possible considering that in one of the interviews I saw, Isayama mentioned that Eren and Armin might not always be best buddies.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:08   Link #2342
Death Usagi
Banned

Mikasa going to like just slash and hack any person that gets in her way when rescuing Eren, much to the other three's horror of how she can do such thing easily (well, Eren and Mikasa already killed like 3 people when they were children anyway...)

Can't imagine a situation where Eren and Armin going to have a fallout, but if situation calls for it and it is very dire, then I wouldn't say it isn't impossible.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 16:25   Link #2343
kitten320

Armin is becoming more and more corrupted while Eren technically is still pretty "innocent", if you could call him that.

Eren still has some morals while Armin pretty much suggested to sacrifice bunch of innocent people just to get their goals, and that happened like 2 chapters ago.

Armin starts to remind me of titan shifters more and more who as we know did sacrifice bunch of people for their goals. Eren does not accept it.

If Armin keeps it up, its not hard to see them clashing somewhere in the future.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:27   Link #2344
Death Usagi
Banned

Either Armin feels he is getting left out/behind again or that trauma with that Gay guy really hit him hard...
Old 2014-05-05, 17:01   Link #2345
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Either Armin feels he is getting left out/behind again or that trauma with that Gay guy really hit him hard...
That probably sounded more wrong to me than it should....unless intended.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 18:13   Link #2346
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
That probably sounded more wrong to me than it should....unless intended.
I think I understand how you read that (wasn't intended that way...) but sorry I meant psychologically where that experience just turned Armin in the wrong way afterwards. Because it was after that he stated something really wrong which included sacrificing people.
Old 2014-05-05, 18:33   Link #2347
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

For me, the first symptom of his psychological corruption was when he taunted Bertholt.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 19:23   Link #2348
Death Usagi
Banned

Well, this terrible living hell full of Titans can turn one crazy...

I can't blame those cowards that showed up in the past...
Old 2014-05-05, 20:33   Link #2349
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Something I just thought of.

What if Historia is actually a Shifter and the Reiss plans to actually make her eat Eren?
They'd have to have something to force her to obey. I doubt they want Historia for that reason, there has to be another purpose for keeping her around. That doesn't mean she isn't a Titan, however.
Old 2014-05-05, 20:52   Link #2350
Esclair

I don't really see how the group would split when they only have each other at this point. Unless they want to abandon Eren and rejoin the royal faction/military corp. Without Eren they really can't save humanity and if they abandon Eren the only place to go is back to serving the 'system'.

They're likely to get executed just for knowing too much anyways. There's no other alternative than staying with Eren.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 20:54   Link #2351
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
They'd have to have something to force her to obey. I doubt they want Historia for that reason, there has to be another purpose for keeping her around. That doesn't mean she isn't a Titan, however.
They might use Historia for another reason, which involves politics. I fear they might rape her to conceive a child, and use her Reiss name as a leverage just to replace one another ruler.
Old 2014-05-05, 20:59   Link #2352
Death Usagi
Banned

I don't know, I mean they consider Historia = Eren in equality so I don't think it is something that minor.
Old 2014-05-05, 21:14   Link #2353
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
I don't know, I mean they consider Historia = Eren in equality so I don't think it is something that minor.
Though it would sound silly if they even treat Historia as a "sacrifice" like Eren. They abduct Historia is clearly for political reason, while Eren for their titan experiment if have one (which is based from FMA event).

By the way, I would like to place my bet that Historia would fall in love with Eren soon enough. Thus, Eren officially form his harem.
Old 2014-05-05, 22:22   Link #2354
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Though it would sound silly if they even treat Historia as a "sacrifice" like Eren. They abduct Historia is clearly for political reason, while Eren for their titan experiment if have one (which is based from FMA event).

By the way, I would like to place my bet that Historia would fall in love with Eren soon enough. Thus, Eren officially form his harem.
Nah, Historia belongs to Ymir
Old 2014-05-05, 22:33   Link #2355
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Nah, Historia belongs to Ymir
She will die, though. So Historia need to find someone else to take Ymir's rightful place by her side. Someone Historia can really trust.
Old 2014-05-05, 22:37   Link #2356
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
She will die, though. So Historia need to find someone else to take Ymir's rightful place by her side. Someone Historia can really trust.
As much as I want Eren x Historia happening as it would be interesting, and that I can't say it isn't impossible as the story can go in any direction we don't know, do you think Mikasa will allow it?
Old 2014-05-06, 13:23   Link #2357
normp571

Quote:
Can't say it's impossible but I doubt it.
I go and say the Monarchy are after Historia due to her meetings with "Amnesia".
She did "lock away", memories of Historia, for all we know something is within her memory, safely locked away that is of interest to the Reiss.
I think that is a great theory!
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 13:25   Link #2358
normp571

Quote:
Not at all when considering that Sasha originally was supposed to die in Ch. 36.
Not the fans saved her but his Editor simply because there needs to be a better time and place.

And for Jean:
Rebellion was implied ever since the Forest of Giant Trees where he said it's not unusual or uncommon that Team Leaders get literally backstabbed by their own men when they think of him as no longer being fit to lead.
I'm pretty sure he changed the ending to appease his fans and also decided to save potato girl
Old 2014-05-06, 13:26   Link #2359
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^I'm pretty sure Erwin signed his death contract by entrusting Hanji as new Commander.

And it almost feels like they signed Annie's death contract by saying that abilities can be achieved by eating titan-shifters and mentioning that Eren needs hardening abilities like Annie... what implies that Eren will have to eat her at some point in the future to get those abilities...

Well shit, Annie became part of a menu along with Eren.
Annie? Damn. I don't like her as a person, but I like her character.
Old 2014-05-06, 14:09   Link #2360
Death Usagi
Banned

Now that I think about it, I wonder when Annie will come back in action...