Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 09:29   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Is it bad that I forgot all about G-Reco when I heard this!?
To be fair we really haven't heard much about G-Reco for it to make an impression on our minds...
Old 2014-06-14, 09:46   Link #22
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
To be fair we really haven't heard much about G-Reco for it to make an impression on our minds...
That is going to change though, it looks like they are really gearing up for that... And it looks like they will both air at the same time.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 09:46   Link #23
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, gentlemen, prepare neck bracer because the mood whiplash will be legendary

G-reco will be 2 cour series, yeah. That means it and GBF will air exactly the same season
Old 2014-06-14, 11:03   Link #24
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Two Gundam series airing simultaneously? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

However, we know that GBF is basically pure unadulterated fun. So that one will be most likely geared to towards kids & people who're not into deeply engaging plots, but what about G-reco?

Will that one be like a traditional Gundam series where everything gets depressing & the endings always leave you asking yourself wtf? Will that one be littered with death & drama? Also, I wonder if the Char clone of G-reco will be a likeable one?

Having two distinct moods & target audiences does mean variety. But lets say that GBF raises my spirits, only for G-reco to dampen them. That'll probably be the only issue I'll have with having a light-hearted series vs. a serious one.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 11:06   Link #25
Frontier

Well, I guess that all depends on Tomino and his current mood .

Still, it's interesting that it looks like we're getting two 2-cour Gundam shows. I wonder if this means that, after Age, Sunrise is moving away from 48-50 episode Gundam entries?
Old 2014-06-14, 12:09   Link #26
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, gentlemen, prepare neck bracer because the mood whiplash will be legendary

G-reco will be 2 cour series, yeah. That means it and GBF will air exactly the same season
I love how we are getting a double slice of that Gundam pie~

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:49   Link #27
Raso

There was an interview I saw on Gundamguy and somewhere else a while back saying

'it will be an adult story dealing with disasters and an orbital elevators',
'it takes place between UC and CC eras',
'it got major rewrites after the earthquake and tsunami' and
'the name G-Reko was meant to differentiate it from being a Gundam series even though it is set in the universe'
Old 2014-06-14, 13:13   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I sure hope the fandom will behave itself when both shows are airing. Don't wanna see civil wars breaking out

"G REKO IS TRUE GUNDAM, YOURE JUST WATCHING A TOY COMMERICAL" and the like.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 13:25   Link #29
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nos, come on. You know the fandom is going to tear at each other like rabid dogs for this.
Old 2014-06-14, 13:53   Link #30
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nos, come on. You know the fandom is going to tear at each other like rabid dogs for this.

The possibilities of all the flame wars scare me. I don't like thinking about it. >.>
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 16:11   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Two Gundam series airing simultaneously? Pinch me, I must be dreaming.
It's happened before with SD Gundam and regular Gundam shows airing at the same time. And In a way GBF is the new SD Gundam.
Old 2014-06-14, 16:27   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The possibilities of all the flame wars scare me. I don't like thinking about it. >.>
But hasn't Build Fighters proven itself, at least to pretty much anyone on this sub-forum, that it's a legitimate and enjoyable Gundam show? I mean, I'm sure likely somewhere else we'll have supposed Gundam "purists" lambasting Build Fighter season 2 in favor of G-Reco but I don't see it becoming too much of a problem on this forum at least .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-06-14 at 19:49.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 17:02   Link #33
monster

Quote:
Having two distinct moods & target audiences does mean variety. But lets say that GBF raises my spirits, only for G-reco to dampen them. That'll probably be the only issue I'll have with having a light-hearted series vs. a serious one.
Well, if you're really that affected by it, then simply watch the Reconguista episode first every week before you watch the Build Fighters episode.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 19:30   Link #34
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But hasn't Build Fighters proven itself, at least to pretty much anyone on this sub-forum, that it's a legitimate and enjoyable Gundam show? I mean, I'm sure likely somewhere else we'll have supposed Gundam "purists" lambasting Build Fighter season 2 in favor of G-Recoo but I don't see it becoming too much of a problem on this forum at least .
In some circles and forums I think the other way around is more likely and much more vocal. Here would probably be split down the middle or in the 'enjoy both equally' crowd.

All that matters really is there will be instigators that start crap and that crap will roll down hill.
Old 2014-06-14, 19:51   Link #35
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
However, we know that GBF is basically pure unadulterated fun.
That's exactly why I love GBF, and exactly why I couldn't be happier about this.

Here's hoping for a new cast with cameos from the old crew.

Let me on the hype train, fellas!
Old 2014-06-14, 20:26   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is it strange that I’m looking forward to GBF S2 just to see Aila again?
Old 2014-06-14, 20:35   Link #37
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The flame war already erupted in 4chan

Though, for what it's worth people that actually would only watch only one is nothing but minority. Most of gundam fans in the west at least will try to watch an episode or two before they quit.
Old 2014-06-15, 01:17   Link #38
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, if you're really that affected by it, then simply watch the Reconguista episode first every week before you watch the Build Fighters episode.
Yea, that's probably the plan I'll use when both being airing. I'm one of those people whose mood is easily influenced, so depressing shit makes me really mopey/indifferent an stuff. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
All that matters really is there will be instigators that start crap and that crap will roll down hill.
Nah, that won't be a problem on this website. I have two forum accounts other than my animesuki account & I can say with utmost certainty that this website has mods that actually aren't slow in responding to problems. They always shut things down before they can escalate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
It's happened before with SD Gundam and regular Gundam shows airing at the same time. And In a way GBF is the new SD Gundam.
Skipped out on SD Gundam. Chibi Gundams aren't my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
That's exactly why I love GBF, and exactly why I couldn't be happier about this.

Here's hoping for a new cast with cameos from the old crew.

Let me on the hype train, fellas!
Welcome aboard the hype train. Lets hope the ride is as enjoyable as the first season. Here's to more gunpla battle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is it strange that I’m looking forward to GBF S2 just to see Aila again?
As a fellow Aila fanboy, I can safely tell you that its not strange. *Pats on back*
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 22:01   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
As a fellow Aila fanboy, I can safely tell you that its not strange. *Pats on back*
Of course I'm looking forward to seeing Aila again, especially an older Aila, but I'm also really looking forward to seeing China and Mihoshi as well .
Old 2014-06-16, 00:05   Link #40
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
The flame war already erupted in 4chan
Meanwhile sky is blue.

As an official this subforum supervisor. I just simply say there will be no flame war between g-reco and GBF in here. Else I simply report everyone. I can request for temp ban or for extreme case pema ban from gundam forum.

Just fair warning

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote