AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-06, 12:07   Link #2361
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I don't quite understand how you think Ellis could teach in the magic university, her magic is still at an elementary level.
He never said that she'd be teaching magic.

「ラノア魔法大学は通常の魔術学校とは違い、
 通常の学校としての授業も行なっていますので、教室数も多くなっています。
 貴族の方を対象とした課や、商人向けの算術課などもございます。
 もっとも、基本的にどの課でも魔術を習う事には変わりませんがね」

立場や目的の数だけ課やコースがあるらしい。

They teach all sorts of shit. There might be a course on close combat, or some other topic where personal combat would be required.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 12:32   Link #2362
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I don't quite understand how you think Ellis could teach in the magic university, her magic is still at an elementary level.
It's known that she visited campus and gave Norms some lessons, and it's hinted that Badigadi did the same (sneaking around and teaching stuff). This eventually became a problem, because Ellis didn't stopped that habit even after she was adviced total rest due to pregnancy (+4 months?)

In fact, I was under the impression that some other students also underwent the training (probably Norms' fans or friends? ). Ellis was probably a VIP there, being a famed sword king and Quagmire's husband
Old 2014-08-06, 13:10   Link #2363
hiddensurvivor

Eris has reached the level of sword emperor @.@ ??? But shes staying as a sword king like Rudy. Didn't know she was that strong.
hiddensurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:14   Link #2364
mPervy
Professional NEET

pardon! Quagmire's husband?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:14   Link #2365
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensurvivor View Post
Eris has reached the level of sword emperor @.@ ??? But shes staying as a sword king like Rudy. Didn't know she was that strong.
I doubt she's even remotely close to sword emperor. She was just given the title 'Mad sword king' in vol 14.... and that took her like 3+ (I believe it might have been 4/5) years.

Also the sword king commented that Ghyslaine could have been sword emperor if she had kept training with him and didn't lose her fire. But it seems like that would have taken her ages.

edit: I was wrong tehepero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
Yes Eris awakened Rudy's inner maiden ;3

Last edited by Ahou; 2014-08-06 at 14:53.
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:19   Link #2366
real123

What's the next battle mentioned in the last chapter of volume 20
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:22   Link #2367
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
I doubt she's even remotely close to sword emperor. She was just given the title 'Mad sword king' in vol 14.... and that took her like 3+ (I believe it might have been 4/5) years.

Also the sword king commented that Ghyslaine could have been sword emperor if she had kept training with him and didn't lose her fire. But it seems like that would have taken her ages.
In the vol 14SS, the Sword God says that with Eris' level, she can be a sword emperor but she would need to fight and beat Ghyslaine first to get that title. Eris doesn't care about title so she didn't want to fight.
hiddensurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:23   Link #2368
FudgeNouget1

Just read the Eris vs Dragon God ch and Orsted mentions Eris would be marrying Luke... please tell me that's not true.
FudgeNouget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:25   Link #2369
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FudgeNouget1 View Post
Just read the Eris vs Dragon God ch and Orsted mentions Eris would be marrying Luke... please tell me that's not true.
Of course it's not true, it's explained thoroughly later
Old 2014-08-06, 14:34   Link #2370
FudgeNouget1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Of course it's not true, it's explained thoroughly later
I wouldn't mind a spoiler <33
FudgeNouget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:34   Link #2371
Ahou

Quote:
If that was true Dormouse would throw his laptop (if he has one... if not then maybe a phone?) at the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensurvivor View Post
In the vol 14SS, the Sword God says that with Eris' level, she can be a sword emperor but she would need to fight and beat Ghyslaine first to get that title. Eris doesn't care about title so she didn't want to fight.
Oh, my bad. You are correct. She has to beat Ghysaline for sword emperor and kill Sword God if she wants his title.

Last edited by Ahou; 2014-08-06 at 14:53.
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 15:25   Link #2372
Razorfloss

Quote:
dont know the real thing but in the world before rudy she was supposed to marry luke but since he was dragged to this world he changed everyone destiny
Razorfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 15:57   Link #2373
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Well, not the exact explanation, but.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-06, 16:48   Link #2374
DarkD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
At this point I don't mind if anything I've done gets replaced or TLC'd, the edits are getting kind of crazy on BT as it is (both good and bad). Some of those anonymous TLCs are spot on.

Did you try checking the preview for volume 9 chapter 3 that /a/ did?

If another translator does it better then it's fine to replace it, the only problem with saying that is who is judging the "better". (I trust in your better though)
I kinda wish that Baka-Tsuki had a translator ranking system for this. If a translator is considered better than the one who did the original version, then he can TLC and redo all the chapters that the lower ranked translator did. The ranks would be decided by other translators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
I really wanted to rush a bit to get the plot up to around volume 16.

I'm the type of machine that stops when it stops. If I were to seriously take a break you'd be lucky to see another chapter out over a 3 month period.

12 more chapters might be my limit though....
Other people here should take note of this. Kaito is the same type as me so I understand perfectly. It's like walking for a really long distance, walking may not tire you out, but it gives you muscle pain and blisters. If you keep walking singlemindedly, you won't feel the pain that much, but if you stop then it becomes harder to start walking again. The main difference is that here, Kaito has to work without getting distracted either. If he suddenly got interested in something else, he would probably stop translating as well.
DarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 18:20   Link #2375
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
So far it seems that Ellis is the one who's wearing the trousers in their relationship.

Vol.17 Ch.1 done, as usual someone to TLC some parts and general grammatical edits may be required.
Old 2014-08-06, 18:37   Link #2376
iceaco

FYI A bit busy these days so I haven't been editing much~ And I saw that there's a lot of editors so hopefully I'm needed less~
(plus got to catch up with anime and other LNs XD )

That being said, saw this one new editor removing a bunch of translator notes o_O Is that vandalism?

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 18:57   Link #2377
Ahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
FYI A bit busy these days so I haven't been editing much~ And I saw that there's a lot of editors so hopefully I'm needed less~

That being said, saw this one new editor removing a bunch of translator notes o_O Is that vandalism?
Were they notes about things to fix? If that's the case the that should be fine??

If they were notes about definitions and whatnot then I'm not too sure =/
Old 2014-08-06, 19:25   Link #2378
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
She stole critical supplies that she was supposed to be guarding and then she went to sleep after gorging herself. And lied about it trying to blame someone else. I can see her tribe being pissed at her. She is supposed to be their princess there is a bit if duty and responsibility that is supposed to go along with all the perks from that sort of position. If you pulled that kinda stunt in any military worth it's name you can be damn sure you will get reamed at the least and probably brig time and a demotion.
The tribe didn't give her food before she stole some of those foods, I never said that they shouldn't put her in jail but they should at least let her eat food during the guarding shift if she weren't able to before because she was working hard for the sake of other (aka the tribe itself), Pursena is obviously at fault here but some of those are due to inflexible nature of deodoria, any other organization with common sense wouldn't do that. Did you even read the chapter?
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 19:32   Link #2379
Direwolf18

Now the not eating during guard duty is nonsense. Even more so because it would impair her ability to do her job. That I won't argue, and if she had brought along her own snack or had someone bring her something I would have said she was 100% in the right.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 19:38   Link #2380
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post

I think those guys are deleting translator notes that's along the line "go rudy xD!" or some useless shits like that. I remember an editor's update that adds nothing other than cluttering translator's note with useless babbles. Also there's a bunch of notes in the beginning that basically just the translator's comments instead of referencing his translation or noting for tlc; those are basically useless and probably needs to be pruned

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel