AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-15, 13:02   Link #501
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So I heard that Greninja was votes into Ubers, is this true? Does anyone else know? I'm not that into the competitive scene but do like hearing about it.

I've been checking but only found forum where they were talking about his viability in Ubers, i'm still looking to try and confirm this.
Him being voted into ubers is actually quite stupid. is he absurdly strong yes but as somebody whose extremely good at using Greninja he has his flaws. The interesting thing is in Ubers there are very few pokemon that can easily check Greninja. In fact when i've battled all legendary teams Greninja typically does some heavy damage to it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-23, 06:04   Link #502
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

I have 5 mons with pokerus! Help!
Old 2014-12-23, 17:56   Link #503
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
I have 5 mons with pokerus! Help!
good for you. Get it spread to as many pokemon as possible and put one of the fresh ones in a pokebox so it won't be cured and you can use it to continue to spread to later pokemon.
Old 2014-12-23, 19:12   Link #504
GotEffed2RageQuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
good for you. Get it spread to as many pokemon as possible and put one of the fresh ones in a pokebox so it won't be cured and you can use it to continue to spread to later pokemon.
Well I don't know how to spread them though. Tried putting uninfected with one infected and no spreading for a whole day. (No midnight.)
Note: Origin(?): Deoxys Place: Underwater
Old 2014-12-23, 19:31   Link #505
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
Well I don't know how to spread them though. Tried putting uninfected with one infected and no spreading for a whole day. (No midnight.)
Note: Origin(?): Deoxys Place: Underwater
Battle with the infected Pokemon and have uninfected in the party. Then, it should spread. Also, keep at least one of the infected in the box so that you have one you can spread with.
Old 2014-12-23, 20:03   Link #506
GotEffed2RageQuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Battle with the infected Pokemon and have uninfected in the party. Then, it should spread. Also, keep at least one of the infected in the box so that you have one you can spread with.
Now I know why it didn't infect others, it healed overnight without me knowing it had one.
Old 2014-12-23, 20:37   Link #507
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

This game (I have Omega Ruby) is alot of fun! Sigh I was kinda hoping they would have put a bonus battle with Cynthia in here somewhere...I STILL want to see her in all her 3D glory...Cynthia IS Best Champion all must bow down! Lol its kinda a shame that with her popularity (I hear she's one of the more if not most popular champions in the franchise) she has still yet to appear in the 3D games

lol yes the attempt to ship the rivals was kinda annoying lol...see the good thing about being the silent protagonist is that I pretend my character (I picked the girl and named her Hinata! Lol) is this indifferent trainer, she's only concerned about getting stronger and cares only about her own pokemon and maybe her parents but to everyone else she simply does not care. lol Like when someone is explaining to her how something works she's like yeah KINDA already know that, really! And when they tell her she must go on this Thou must quest she's all really no I REALLY don't care...sigh godammit...and reluctantly goes along with it, lol and when she confronts Team Magma I can hear her screaming about the environmental devastation caused by their plans and how idiotic they basically are and is face palming that they aren't listening to her lol

The Delta episode was a lot of fun giving Rayquaza an important role and a chance to legit catch Deoxys which is pretty cool, I am glad i thought I was going to dislike Zinnia but she turned out to be pretty cool and the only one who seemed to have her head on straight during the entire ordeal, seriously I wish there was an option for the trainer to go screw this I am going with your plan from the start instead all this running around lol. Also I wonder what was up with ALL the trainers losing their Keystones especailly Wally...I took it off for a moment? Seriously bud I NEVER took mine off and look where I am! Lol

Finally I know they want to give you a reason to do Secret bases and Contests but making the final prizes Garchompnite and Lucarionite? NOT cool...I remember nearly pulling out my hair out trying to beat Lisia and how her Ali can just auto CRUSH you, and how the rest of the CPU opponents jsut seem to SABOTAGE you to set HER up for maximum crowd excitement...I smell a BIG payoff lol after a couple of atempts I FINALLY won BARELY...luckily one of the opponents used whirlpool and thus Lisia couldn't get another max crowd excitement for the win...so I won by mere points...you're jsut lucky you're cute Lisia or I would seirously be thinking of sicing my pokemon on you lol

and ugh Secret Bases...Garchompnite the LAST one I need...I am at 900 flags...stupid...Secret...Bases!
Old 2014-12-28, 06:42   Link #508
GotEffed2RageQuit

Anyone know where to get a wooden(patch) board?
Old 2014-12-28, 16:31   Link #509
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^

Saturday Clearance Sale on the roof of the Lilycove Department Store.
Old 2014-12-29, 09:17   Link #510
GotEffed2RageQuit

Cherrim Helping Hand-Mega Groudon Eruption-Greninja Mat Block/Talonflame Brave Bird/Acrobatics
Old 2014-12-29, 09:24   Link #511
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Him being voted into ubers is actually quite stupid. is he absurdly strong yes but as somebody whose extremely good at using Greninja he has his flaws. The interesting thing is in Ubers there are very few pokemon that can easily check Greninja. In fact when i've battled all legendary teams Greninja typically does some heavy damage to it.
It's true Greninja has its flaws, I defeat a lot of them by tricking them into going first, that way Protean kicks in to turn them into a type that I can super effectively counter them with.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 09:29   Link #512
Zeydra
A random passerby

I actually sort of agree with the banning of greninja. Before now he had some sure fire regular hard counters that absolutely no greninja set could realistically deal with including things like azumarill, but ever since oras he just has a bit too much versatility. It's a really thin line, but I think it just errs on the side of limiting the tier now.

I think they've done a good job packing these games with side content to do. I thought that with ditto being locked behind the mirage island wall I'd be bored out of my mind being unable to start breeding a team, but between everything else the game has to offer it's not an issue.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 18:39   Link #513
Slayerx

Ok, so trying to decide on Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
When it comes to legendaries, what are the chances I would be able to trade one legendary double for one i need? For instance i already have Dailga from my old Diamond game, If i got Sapphire what are the chances I could trade a second one for Palkia?

Ruby has more of the legendaries i still need, but i was considering i might like Kyogre and Lugia, over Groudon and ho-oh... Not sure if i have a preference to team Magma or Aqua

Also, one thing i'm not sure about... can you trade pokemon between XY and ORAS? or is it just a one time transfer over pokemon bank from XY to ORAS?

Ater that, just a choice between Mudkip or Treeko (cause i already got a torchic) when i choose my starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I actually sort of agree with the banning of greninja. Before now he had some sure fire regular hard counters that absolutely no greninja set could realistically deal with including things like azumarill, but ever since oras he just has a bit too much versatility. It's a really thin line, but I think it just errs on the side of limiting the tier now.
Curious, what did they change in ORAS that gave him more versatility?
Old 2014-12-31, 19:14   Link #514
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

I think they've done a good job packing these games with side content to do. I thought that with ditto being locked behind the mirage island wall I'd be bored out of my mind being unable to start breeding a team, but between everything else the game has to offer it's not an issue.
Sorry i dont see it none of the move tutor moves can beat what he currently does and even now the key to beating Greninja is proper prediction since a mixed set while being interesting is still a stupid idea because his speed is nice and reducing his power isnt a wise move to split the EV's for the strength because he needs every ounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ok, so trying to decide on Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
When it comes to legendaries, what are the chances I would be able to trade one legendary double for one i need? For instance i already have Dailga from my old Diamond game, If i got Sapphire what are the chances I could trade a second one for Palkia?

Ruby has more of the legendaries i still need, but i was considering i might like Kyogre and Lugia, over Groudon and ho-oh... Not sure if i have a preference to team Magma or Aqua

Also, one thing i'm not sure about... can you trade pokemon between XY and ORAS? or is it just a one time transfer over pokemon bank from XY to ORAS?

Ater that, just a choice between Mudkip or Treeko (cause i already got a torchic) when i choose my starter
First off if you have pokemon bank you can send any of the old legendaries to the new game as long as you have them and really other then a few the legendaries arent much different.

As for trading you can trade between XY and OR/AS its just a matter of preference whether pokebank is easy.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-31, 20:21   Link #515
Slayerx

Quote:
Sorry i dont see it none of the move tutor moves can beat what he currently does and even now the key to beating Greninja is proper prediction since a mixed set while being interesting is still a stupid idea because his speed is nice and reducing his power isnt a wise move to split the EV's for the strength because he needs every ounce.
Ya, it looks like the only meaningful thing the move tutors added was giving him a good poison move... which doesn't add a whole lot of coverage to what he was already able to do.

Quote:
First off if you have pokemon bank you can send any of the old legendaries to the new game as long as you have them and really other then a few the legendaries arent much different.

As for trading you can trade between XY and OR/AS its just a matter of preference whether pokebank is easy.
Well the reason i asked was because i thought i might like to send pokemon back and forth between XY and ORAS, and the reason i asked about trading in particular is because trading is the only way to move held items like megastones.

With the legendaries though i was talking about trading over GTS. Like are their plenty of people looking to trade Palkia for Dialga and so forth? its more for collections sake. Gotta Catch em' all and all that.
Old 2014-12-31, 20:42   Link #516
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Ya, it looks like the only meaningful thing the move tutors added was giving him a good poison move... which doesn't add a whole lot of coverage to what he was already able to do.

Well the reason i asked was because i thought i might like to send pokemon back and forth between XY and ORAS, and the reason i asked about trading in particular is because trading is the only way to move held items like megastones.

With the legendaries though i was talking about trading over GTS. Like are their plenty of people looking to trade Palkia for Dialga and so forth? its more for collections sake. Gotta Catch em' all and all that.
i mean yea gunk shot is a beautiful move but its only gonna be on physical sets (and yea it would devastate Azumarill who is a big time counter)

Old 2015-01-01, 03:31   Link #517
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Curious, what did they change in ORAS that gave him more versatility?
Gunk shot is the main one, even without attack investment most fairy types can no longer switch in with impunity like they once could, and it's because of that new change I feel greninja may have just barely slipped over the line between very good and unbalanced.

Quote:
The problem with the prediction argument is that prediction goes both ways, the greninja user can also predict and the positives they gain for a correct prediction will typically outweigh the positives the defender gains from a correct prediction. I also feel I should mention that gunk shot is very powerful and it doesn't need any attack investment to take advantage of the move.

Really for me it comes down to the fact that greninja can come in on a large portion of the ou tier and force the opponent to either switch and have something take damage as well as possible entry hazard damage, or lose their pokemon. While the addition of gunk shot means fairy pokemon can still check greninja with the right set, they can no longer act as a much needed hard counter to it like they were in the past.

I wouldn't say greninja is broken per say, rather I feel it's become a negative influence on the tier and I understand and sort of agree with smogon's decision that it might need to be banned.
Old 2015-01-01, 06:42   Link #518
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Gunk shot is the main one, even without attack investment most fairy types can no longer switch in with impunity like they once could, and it's because of that new change I feel greninja may have just barely slipped over the line between very good and unbalanced.

The problem with the prediction argument is that prediction goes both ways, the greninja user can also predict and the positives they gain for a correct prediction will typically outweigh the positives the defender gains from a correct prediction. I also feel I should mention that gunk shot is very powerful and it doesn't need any attack investment to take advantage of the move.

Really for me it comes down to the fact that greninja can come in on a large portion of the ou tier and force the opponent to either switch and have something take damage as well as possible entry hazard damage, or lose their pokemon. While the addition of gunk shot means fairy pokemon can still check greninja with the right set, they can no longer act as a much needed hard counter to it like they were in the past.

I wouldn't say greninja is broken per say, rather I feel it's become a negative influence on the tier and I understand and sort of agree with smogon's decision that it might need to be banned.
As a greninja expert let me give u my analysis of greninja physical special split.

Okay lets put Gunk Shot into play with greninja. On the physical set without Gunk shot. You have Acrobatics rock slide power up punch Water Shuriken/Waterfall and finally night slash o and add ice punch U-Turn as well. We have a pokemon now that has 7 moves for coverage and adding Gunk Shot just to smoke faires especially when so many other counters get smoked.
Ice punch might be a more dangerous addition because now physical ninja can attack dragons much easier but otherwise no.

the special one gunk shot is even more of an utter impossibility. 3 of its moves are set. Surf/Hydro Pump Ice Beam Grass Knot. Surf/Hydro pump standard water move Ice beam Dragons and flying types especially Charizard X and Y which are necessary to counter. Grass Knot Bulky Waters especially lanturn and rotom wash. The last move slot is one of the hardest decisions you have to make. Extrasensory vs Dark Pulse. Extrasensory lets you nerf fighting types which devastate him otherwise (believe me i know) Dark pulse is for evil little creatures like cresselia. There's no proper room for gunk shot hence why it doesnt change much.

Mixed is an utter waste of time because reduced attack power just means its a liability when its not using super effective damage.

Physical should be life orb or muscle band. with acrobatics you might have to use LO because of the fact you need the extra power.

Special is Wise glasses or LO (I use wise glasses because any additional damage to greninja is a problem no matter what it comes from though i must admit life orbs power boost is devastating

Old 2015-01-02, 03:21   Link #519
Zeydra
A random passerby

You're underestimating what gunk shot can do for greninja, gunk shot is a 120 base power move at the same level as brave bird and close combat. To demonstrate why I agree with the ban I'll post the set I use on greninja.

Item - Life orb
Nature - naive
Ev spread - 4 attack, 252 special attack and speed
Moves:
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-gunk shot
-Hidden power fire / dark pulse / extrasensory

The fourth move depends on the rest of my team, usually I go for hp fire so I can roast ferrothorn when it tries to wall me. As for gunk shot, Life orb naive greninja two shots most fairy types in the ou tier without any proper attack investment. Because of this fairy types can no longer act as a much needed counter to greninja.

I'll admit that at first I didn't believe that greninja was broken and a special attacking greninja could do this either, so I used some damage calculators to check out what special life orb greninja can do with gunk shot. Physically defensive azumarill is a two hit ko by gunk shot. In comparison grass knot is a three to four hit ko on azumarill.
Old 2015-01-02, 10:58   Link #520
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
You're underestimating what gunk shot can do for greninja, gunk shot is a 120 base power move at the same level as brave bird and close combat. To demonstrate why I agree with the ban I'll post the set I use on greninja.

Item - Life orb
Nature - naive
Ev spread - 4 attack, 252 special attack and speed
Moves:
-Hydro pump
-Ice beam
-gunk shot
-Hidden power fire / dark pulse / extrasensory

The fourth move depends on the rest of my team, usually I go for hp fire so I can roast ferrothorn when it tries to wall me. As for gunk shot, Life orb naive greninja two shots most fairy types in the ou tier without any proper attack investment. Because of this fairy types can no longer act as a much needed counter to greninja.

I'll admit that at first I didn't believe that greninja was broken and a special attacking greninja could do this either, so I used some damage calculators to check out what special life orb greninja can do with gunk shot. Physically defensive azumarill is a two hit ko by gunk shot. In comparison grass knot is a three to four hit ko on azumarill.
If its only fairies i guess i get it but i rarely see azumarill anymore and sylveon is also rather rare nowadays because of monsters like scizor and Lucario

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-01-02 at 11:12.

Tags
pokemon