AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 08:43   Link #1221
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Horizon is more subtle in that aspect

In fact Horizon, all anyone cares is their history recreation while OnC is clearly a de facto state of war.

Which is actually more mysterious in Horizon....world is ending and all anyone cares is history recreation...
Old 2015-02-03, 04:33   Link #1222
Zefyris
図書館狼

Actually, it's logical, and has been explained already. when they came back on earth, there was a lot of very different cultures and folk for very little place around since they were all in japan, so war erupted everywhere. It was complete chaos and a huge part of the population died.
The History recreation established later acts as a partial and forceful peace treaty. Basically, you have no right to attack another country if it's not part of history recreation. Even then, there will be restriction due to History recreation and you'll have to stop after finishing recreating it. If you disobey this, you'll make all the other countries your enemy immediately, so no one dare.

It's no that they don't care about the end of the world. It's that : the correct way to handle that problem is mostly unknown, and the real identity of he threat is unknown to most. Matsudaira Motonobu said that you could avert it using the deadly sins armaments together, but without saying anything to prove it, nor explaining why it would do anything of that sort. The P.A.Oda leaders seems to have their own ideas to avert it as well.
But no matter the case, averting the end of the world would be for naught if you throw away what protected peoples on earth from war and chaos all this time. So they're trying to avert it, WHILE using history recreation as a reason when dealing with another country is needed in their plan to avert the end of the world.
Old 2015-02-07, 09:01   Link #1223
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW...do you also feel that the powers in Horizon are more...dispersed and less versatile than in Chronicle? I mean in Chronicle the ability to shape the environment to your liking is widespread to the point almost everyone can do it....Yet this ability is highly rare in Horizon
Old 2015-02-07, 10:51   Link #1224
Takatathien

Sorry for asking but I am new to this series. Does this series has a harem? And how likely it is for the MC to end with the harem end, or with just one heroine?

Takatathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 13:21   Link #1225
Zefyris
図書館狼

That series has a lot of relationship. Old and young, Yuri, between two race, love even after dying, you ask, you have it. SO obvously it has a harem too. Between Toori and 3 girls, so it's a small one, but on the other hand, it's a far more bearable and likable harem than most other harem LN.

1) This harem isn't getting any new girls and won't get any new afterward ImO. The MC is serious about the girls and deal accordingly with her, meaning that him getting a new girl is almost unthinkable.
2) The chances of it ending harem route is extremely high. In fact, besides having one of the girl dying, I don't see how this could end in any other way than harem with him and the three.
And by harem route, let's be clear, I'm not talking about the half assed harem ending that we get in a lot of works where the MC simply doesn't choose. The MC here intends clearly to get the three and the three are in love with him and OK with that.

He clearly has affection for all of them and don't intend to reject their love. He clearly knows what those three like after all that time he spent with them and don't hesitate to act accordingly.
Old 2015-02-07, 21:00   Link #1226
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Can you guys please mention the names of those in Tooru's harem? I haven't read the novels yet, but frankly I'm curious. Especially since he seemed dead on set on solely Horizon

Last edited by Y Ddraig Goch; 2015-02-07 at 21:38.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 21:44   Link #1227
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Isn't it fairly obvious?
Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Actually, it's logical, and has been explained already. when they came back on earth, there was a lot of very different cultures and folk for very little place around since they were all in japan, so war erupted everywhere. It was complete chaos and a huge part of the population died.
Definitely curious to how much of the various races suffered from that short outbreak of fighting. IIRC from the anime Encyclopedia, it was only a short 2 weeks of fighting and half of humanity was decimated, along with losing their more advanced technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I mean in Chronicle the ability to shape the environment to your liking is widespread to the point almost everyone can do it....Yet this ability is highly rare in Horizon
Maybe the majority of practitioners for such powers either died off(war when returning to earth, collapse of harmonic states etc.) ...or are avoiding conflict altogether.

Either that or maybe the deities just don't give out that power/ability type.
Old 2015-02-07, 22:58   Link #1228
Takatathien

[QUOTE=FlavoryFantasy;5431692]Isn't it fairly obvious?
Spoiler for answer:

I don't know why but I have the biggest grin on my face right now. It probably because they are all of the girls that I would like him to ended up with.

Does his sister, the flat chess Honda, and the blind girl end up with anyone or at least show interest to anyone else?

Takatathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 03:49   Link #1229
Zefyris
図書館狼

^
Spoiler for minor spoilers:

Although I'm looking forward to a romance with Kimi, I wonder what kind of guy could get the love of this girl. That would probably be quite an epic love story x).

Honda Masazumi doesn't seems to be really interested. Honda Futayo suggested several times to marry her but I'm not sure that this bird brain is realizing the implication of what she's saying, so she doesn't count x).

Lately (meaning 6th and 7th arc), new relationships have been blooming more on the opponents side than on Musashi side, Musashi side developing existing relationship rather than getting new ones for single characters.
Judging by the 8-A cover, the author intend to develop at least one of those relationship on the opponent side, involving (kyo) Katou; but maybe it's time for a new relationship on Musashi's side to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post

Definitely curious to how much of the various races suffered from that short outbreak of fighting. IIRC from the anime Encyclopedia, it was only a short 2 weeks of fighting and half of humanity was decimated, along with losing their more advanced technology.
Yeah I was discussing about that yesterday on another board, if the author ever does a "2nd Genesis", I'd like it to relate what happened when humanity came back on earth. The war, the negotiations with the local environmental gods, and the beginning of history recreation. Could make a really interesting story.

Cute Uzi avatar btw~.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2015-02-08 at 04:30.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 08:36   Link #1230
Zefyris
図書館狼

Missed that post~
Quote:
BTW...do you also feel that the powers in Horizon are more...dispersed and less versatile than in Chronicle? I mean in Chronicle the ability to shape the environment to your liking is widespread to the point almost everyone can do it....Yet this ability is highly rare in Horizon
Seems like most abilities in Horizon are a combination of power received by gods, training, and technology. The ability you're mentioning is AFAIK from a specific technology imitating the "concepts" of other worlds. Most probably, this technology didn't survive until the current time in KyouHora; it was mentioned that during the fall on Earth humanity lost most of their advanced technology. this may be part of what was lost. >The current "end of the world" may be related to the loss of that technology as well from what we know. I mean, OnC's crisis was somehow related to it (not to the technology itself, but they're trying to solve the problem by releasing the other world's"concepts" so...)
Old 2015-02-12, 23:05   Link #1231
blueexorcist

What about the blind girl who like toori, she is not in the harem??
blueexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 23:13   Link #1232
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueexorcist View Post
What about the blind girl who like toori, she is not in the harem??
The whole harem thing starts when Horizon explains to Asama and Nate about the problems with the mental stability of Toori because the path to Westfalia is getting even more difficult, and she is taking care of him. He only needs those 3 girls and his friends (where Suzu is included).
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 23:16   Link #1233
blueexorcist

But suzu like him since when he was young and she got friend zone??
Old 2015-02-12, 23:24   Link #1234
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueexorcist View Post
But suzu like him since when he was young and she got friend zone??
Horizon never was a harem dude, why force that s*** here?. You know the main girl is Horizon, Nate and Asama are there because was an idea coming from Horizon not from Toori. Obviously Suzu is important for him but remember "I love toori and I love Horizon", dont missunderstand that.
Old 2015-02-12, 23:30   Link #1235
blueexorcist

Thanks for answering so fast, yeah I know that this series is not a harem that why I was surprise when someone said about harem that is when I was hoping Suzu is in it because to me, she seems to like him more than a friend. It is not because of what she say, it is just my instinct on the character lol
Old 2015-02-13, 00:54   Link #1236
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

There's many forms of intimacy besides "friend" and "romantic lover"
Old 2015-02-13, 00:58   Link #1237
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Spoiler for spoiler question:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 02:19   Link #1238
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler question:

That's a gradual process, quite long with several steps. And rather than not realizing, she was suppressing those feelings, both consciously and unconsciously.

Spoiler for spoiler arcs 5-6:
Old 2015-02-13, 02:45   Link #1239
obnuchious

would it be possible to ask for spoilers for each volumes???
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 09:27   Link #1240
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Here, an explanation about Asama and her relationship in the pseudo-harem created by Horizon, I hope this helps (my english sucks):

Spoiler:

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen