AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-03-03, 07:07   Link #56101
lovetospoon73

i wonder there's a way to shatter IS cores?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 07:14   Link #56102
lovetospoon73

is there a way to shatter IS cores?
Old 2015-03-03, 07:44   Link #56103
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Theoretically, it's possible. But I don't think we have the exact materials and hardness of the IS Core itself.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 08:34   Link #56104
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The cast kinda smashed the Golem III's cores like they were paper golf balls in Season 2. Then again in the novels, it's supposedly hard enough that one(read: Ichika) destroyed it by accident.
Old 2015-03-03, 17:13   Link #56105
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When writing Sacred Twins Madoka, I definitely have to rebalance her out because she may be heading dangerously into Sue territory. She's naturally gifted as an IS pilot (well duh, she's Chifuyu's imouto), book smart but she's lazy and has pilot skills that are CLOSE to a 2nd year. THe only flaw I could really incorporate without breaking much of her character is that she's weak with melee combat (hence why Ichika is the opposite)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 17:43   Link #56106
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
The cast kinda smashed the Golem III's cores like they were paper golf balls in Season 2. Then again in the novels, it's supposedly hard enough that one(read: Ichika) destroyed it by accident.
I think there's must be several layer of protection around the core, because it wouldn't be Tabane-sama's works ortherwise. Plus, she had to protect him from meanie people that wanted to reproduct the core (Task Phatom, Charlotte's dad, presidents of country...)for their own means.

But Yukihura being Chifuyu's ex-weapon, it has to be OP (even in the hands of Ichika), because Chi-chan is Tabane-chan's 'friend'.
Old 2015-03-03, 17:53   Link #56107
lovetospoon73

he what i think if there will be another male IS pilot in the LN series, he should be able to pilot & have multiple IS units, making him unpredictable, (in kamen rider 555, kamen rider kaixa (masato kusaka) had to inject him self with a lot of Orphnoch DNA in order to use the kaixa gear, however near the end of the series he use up all of it) so i figure this male IS pilot should have a serum inject into that will allow him to pilot an IS unit for 24 hours, the serum works but it temporary, so he'll have to be inject with the serum constantly in order to be able to pilot an IS in the series also it can be able to ceate more of the serum, plus he also must be very intelligent (being able to create his own IS unit that has abilities like intangibility, invisibility,Umbrakinesis, Gravity Manipulation, be able have speed as sound, be able to temperately able to confine an IS unit's abilities, create powerful shock waves , & cause minor earthquakes, also create a weapon that can shatter IS cores (in kamen rider 555, the faiz & kaixa pointer produce a energy drill) the weapon is a similar appearance to the lupin gunner with a dagger mode(similiar to a lightsaber) that fire lasers in multiple directions/ fire an energy drill & in order to shatter the core he has to the same attack as the 3 main riders in kamen rider 555, plus have part of his brain replace with a computer, a master strategist, strong enough not only beat up everyone at the academy, but chifuyu too, look up to ichika as a role model
Old 2015-03-03, 18:19   Link #56108
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
he what i think if there will be another male IS pilot in the LN series, he should be able to pilot & have multiple IS units, making him unpredictable, (in kamen rider 555, kamen rider kaixa (masato kusaka) had to inject him self with a lot of Orphnoch DNA in order to use the kaixa gear, however near the end of the series he use up all of it) so i figure this male IS pilot should have a serum inject into that will allow him to pilot an IS unit for 24 hours, the serum works but it temporary, so he'll have to be inject with the serum constantly in order to be able to pilot an IS in the series also it can be able to ceate more of the serum, plus he also must be very intelligent (being able to create his own IS unit that has abilities like intangibility, invisibility,Umbrakinesis, Gravity Manipulation, be able have speed as sound, be able to temperately able to confine an IS unit's abilities, create powerful shock waves , & cause minor earthquakes, also create a weapon that can shatter IS cores (in kamen rider 555, the faiz & kaixa pointer produce a energy drill) the weapon is a similar appearance to the lupin gunner with a dagger mode(similiar to a lightsaber) that fire lasers in multiple directions/ fire an energy drill & in order to shatter the core he has to the same attack as the 3 main riders in kamen rider 555, plus have part of his brain replace with a computer, a master strategist, strong enough not only beat up everyone at the academy, but chifuyu too, look up to ichika as a role model
And how is that different from any Gary Stu character that we didn't have yet?

Old 2015-03-03, 18:26   Link #56109
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
When writing Sacred Twins Madoka, I definitely have to rebalance her out because she may be heading dangerously into Sue territory. She's naturally gifted as an IS pilot (well duh, she's Chifuyu's imouto), book smart but she's lazy and has pilot skills that are CLOSE to a 2nd year. THe only flaw I could really incorporate without breaking much of her character is that she's weak with melee combat (hence why Ichika is the opposite)
Not to mention her obsession with him.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 18:39   Link #56110
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Not to mention her obsession with him.
Madoka in ST has a growing/steady love for Ichika with a hint of Bro-con.

Old 2015-03-03, 19:24   Link #56111
lovetospoon73

well it's my opinion at least i try to think of an awesome male IS pilot should be, after ichika, if u think u could do better, then how about posting your opinion on what the 2nd male IS pilot should be like then!?
Old 2015-03-03, 20:27   Link #56112
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
well it's my opinion at least i try to think of an awesome male IS pilot should be, after ichika, if u think u could do better, then how about posting your opinion on what the 2nd male IS pilot should be like then!?
I NEVER wanted a second male IS pilot because it's similar to beating a dead horse. (I was mostly opposed to Zero's original idea with Joshua, but at least it explains SOME connection with Chifuyu and Ichika)

As I stated many posts before, you want a male OC, look no further into IS fanfiction.net. If you do the exact math, there are around TWO THIRDS of fics, whereas the synopsis has this, "WHat happens when another male...joins..../another male pilot shows up." What EXACTLY is the originality in this? And, when I read those fics, a MAJORITY of them are sad excuses for a self insert to pair with their fav. girl in canon verse.

When I establish characters, I do so without trying to violating the canon (unless it's crossover). Hence why I made many female OCs, but away from IS academy with Lily and Flandre being possible Canadian IS candidates in a dropped IS fic. I also made Louise Napoleon for ST, as well as Anya and Alya as the previous Russian candidates to fit in my universe.

Old 2015-03-03, 21:09   Link #56113
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*sips some tea* ...

Mah mah, Spoony is just at 'that stage' - we can let it be for now. I know that we try to beat it out as soon as possible but... he's not really writing anything, he's just throwing 'ideas' out.
Old 2015-03-03, 21:51   Link #56114
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ignore it and it will go away huh ?
Old 2015-03-03, 21:56   Link #56115
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How about some time-space discussion. Currently I'm writing up for Athena's second arc to revolve around eight IS Cores:

The thing about these Cores is that they are not from the Athena-verse. Rather, they are from the Athena-verse's alternate realm, the Nyxerius Realm. The eight Cores are spread across Athena-verse's Earth, in custody of different factions, after the unknown ISes that carry them are destroyed in combat in the first arc.

The plot point is that as long as these Cores exist in the Athena-verse, they will resonate with one another and gradually causing an ever-growing wormhole that would ultimately cause the Athena-verse and Nxyerius Realm to merge. This would cause every single entity(people, fundamental physics etc) from both realms to be atomized as they form a new realm.

Which of course, the Athena OC cast would go to any lengths to stop it from happening.

And before anyone asks why don't I involve the canon cast in this, it is mainly because the novel and anime has depicted the canon cast in nothing but humor and rom-com. Not much I can make of them without risking OOC-ness. The only exception I've made is the Silverio Gospel, which is practically hijacked because in canon, it's lifespan ended after it went rogue. In Athena-verse, she's practically part of the OC cast. Never liked how the author just dropped a character with so much potential and prefers droning with the ones that does.... well, not much.
Old 2015-03-03, 22:00   Link #56116
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ignore it and it will go away huh ?
The 'stage', yes. Not the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
How about some time-space discussion. Currently I'm writing up for Athena's second arc to revolve around eight IS Cores:

The thing about these Cores is that they are not from the Athena-verse. Rather, they are from the Athena-verse's alternate realm, the Nyxerius Realm. The eight Cores are spread across Athena-verse's Earth, in custody of different factions, after the unknown ISes that carry them are destroyed in combat in the first arc.

The plot point is that as long as these Cores exist in the Athena-verse, they will resonate with one another and gradually causing an ever-growing wormhole that would ultimately cause the Athena-verse and Nxyerius Realm to merge. This would cause every single entity(people, fundamental physics etc) from both realms to be atomized as they form a new realm.

Which of course, the Athena OC cast would go to any lengths to stop it from happening.
...okay, sounds grand. So these 'special cores' are in fact the very pillars of the existence of the Nxyerius Realm? Who the hell managed to snag that...
Old 2015-03-03, 22:07   Link #56117
The 48th Ronin

Speaking of 2nd male pilot, how about an androgynous one?

Let's say a guy was born with an abnormal amount of female hormones, thus he managed to pilot an IS.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 22:20   Link #56118
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Speaking of 2nd male pilot, how about an androgynous one?

Let's say a guy was born with an abnormal amount of female hormones, thus he managed to pilot an IS.
Well, ST Charlotte is KIND of like that. Because unlike canon Charlotte, she underwent surgery and hormone therapy to make it appear very undetectable (to her Dad's instructions)

Old 2015-03-03, 22:56   Link #56119
demino_hellsin
That one guy

sounds more like those 8 cores are just trying to stabilize. since they entered a foreign realm, they probably got cut-off from the general hivemind to some extent. the 8 cores resonate in order to re-establish connection and end up pulling the network in the otherworld towards them.
Old 2015-03-03, 23:03   Link #56120
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...okay, sounds grand. So these 'special cores' are in fact the very pillars of the existence of the Nxyerius Realm? Who the hell managed to snag that...
Actually the Nyxerius Realm has always existed as a parallel world to the Athena-verse.

Just that in the first arc, a portal between the two realms open with eight AI-controlled Rafale-class IS entering Athena-verse, promptly engaging in combat with Athena's OCs - who are already in combat against the antagonist. A three-way battle.

Anyways, the special thing about the eight cores is that they are infected with Nyxium Virus. This gives the eight cores reddish-orange appearances akin to crystallized fireballs. Corrupted Cores, if you prefer that term. All eight cores are AI-embedded so they do not require human pilots ala Silverio Gospel.

Another thing, the Cores do NOT belong in the Athena-verse. So they are effectively resonating with one another to link up with the IS Network in the Nyxerius Realm. Under the influence of Nyxium Virus, however, the magnitude of this resonance increases exponentially to the extent that the Cores could literally dig a wormhole into the Nyxeris Realm as long as there is already an existing wormhole - the one where the eight ISes first came through.

EDIT: Something like demi said. :P

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest