AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-03-11, 18:41   Link #2981
Dargor
Welp

So, Kuro actually does something, Touta angsts, and Kirie is a save scumming noob. Ah well, they actually accomplished something, so good on them.

^Consider me...intrigued.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 12:18   Link #2982
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
[...]
don’t know why Ken use that word on a T shirt, while credit the twins for translating it, wonder why it is “salty” instead of “savory”? two word which generate different feeling. of course, tears tasted salty, and you preserve a dead body with salt, but that is over imagination I think.

[...]
Salty can be used as a slang term meaning being pissed off or bitter. Not sure if that helps this case though.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 16:04   Link #2983
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Salty can be used as a slang term meaning being pissed off or bitter. Not sure if that helps this case though.
Tota is supposedly a good (imitation) cook, I really think Ken uses of that word here is for Tota’s role in that home (cooking skill, savory), Ken picks that word probably because it is a space needs to be filled up on paper without any things worth consequences, but we will never know unless someone asks Ken about it.

your explanation require one thing which I don’t think is true, that salty in Japanese meant the same bitter feeling as it is in English, which is why I thought the correct translation is savory to reflect Tota’s cooking skill, thus I mention it in my previous post even if it is such a small thing.

(not to mention that was the same shirt Tota was wearing in chapter one, when he is supposedly without any bitter feeling in his short 4 years life. so that would not be the right reason for using that word even if the two language share the same slang meaning.)

==========
the preview for the first few pages of UQH #6 is on Kodansha’s SM site, there is a complete picture of book 6 cover in B/W on the second page, in addition to Sakurame, Tota, and Ameya, on the flip side? is Kuroumaru, Karin, Santa, and Sayoko (yeah!) still one of the worse cover Ken ever did because of the poor layout and the lacking of on topic, but definitely better than the first impression.

I don't remember Ken ever did such cover before (front and back).

==========
no, upon further review, it is still the worst cover Ken ever did, just the length of Ameya’s legs in comparison to his body ratio is enough to warrant a flunk grade in art 101. (8, 9 head/body length?) plus the layout is just terrible, and we are not talking the Last Supper here,

Last edited by Hata; 2015-03-12 at 16:19.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 16:19   Link #2984
Rava

Ahh, OK. That makes sense.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:01   Link #2985
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
So, Kuro actually does something, Touta angsts, and Kirie is a save scumming noob. Ah well, they actually accomplished something, so good on them.
They didn't so much as win, as she decided to just let Touta simmer a bit and suffer from the truth. Honestly, she has the one weapon that can royally screw over two of the four gathered there. As for Kirie, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit: Did she actually do something besides dodge? I saw her with a spell on her fingers, but I never actually saw it go off.... or was that some application of her immortality for real-time use?
Old 2015-03-12, 23:41   Link #2986
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I saw her with a spell on her fingers, but I never actually saw it go off.... or was that some application of her immortality for real-time use?
I think that was some kind of fine tune control for her broom, kinda like what Negi pulled during his fight with Chao.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:48   Link #2987
Dargor
Welp

I think what you're referring to are the minor spirits Negi invoked during the fight to match Chao's Cassiopeia, and he otherwise never made any motion to fine-tune his staffs movement. Ham-fisted (And perhaps a poor idea in general due to sheer brokeness, but still) as it is, Kirie creating "quick-saves" over and over until she gets a desired result is easily fathomable.

I'm guessing its a lesser version of what she does on the island. She can die over and over again in that case, but still get sent back no matter what. With the "quick-saves", its a one time thing, and if she dies before she can make a new one, she's gone for good.

Quote:
They didn't so much as win, as she decided to just let Touta simmer a bit and suffer from the truth.
Well, they all (Save Touta I guess) got out without being utterly stomped, zombified, or cut in half, so I'd count that as a win for them. Cept Kirie, but that's her gimmick.
Old 2015-03-12, 23:55   Link #2988
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
I think what you're referring to are the minor spirits Negi invoked during the fight to match Chao's Cassiopeia, and he otherwise never made any motion to fine-tune his staffs movement. Ham-fisted (And perhaps a poor idea in general due to sheer brokeness, but still) as it is, Kirie creating "quick-saves" over and over until she gets a desired result is easily fathomable.
I thought Kirie was moving her broom a little too well there, considering Hoodie's speed, so I thought she was using a spell to assist, similar to how Negi invoked those spirits to help with the Cassiopeia.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 00:01   Link #2989
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I thought Kirie was moving her broom a little too well there, considering Hoodie's speed, so I thought she was using a spell to assist, similar to how Negi invoked those spirits to help with the Cassiopeia.
Well, you die and repeat the same cycles over and over, you're bound to finally figure it out eventually. It'd be more convenient to start from when the attack commences and repeat rather then do it at the island and go over it in your head.
Old 2015-03-15, 20:27   Link #2990
Twi

How did Kirie and the others know how to track down Touma so quickly, anyway?
Old 2015-03-16, 00:17   Link #2991
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I think you answered your own question there...
Old 2015-03-17, 23:42   Link #2992
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
The plot demanded it.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 05:07   Link #2993
Ultragunner

LOL, gotta love Kirie , even though she's much older than the others, it seems she's only at highschooler level when it comes to love, eh?

on the other hand, I'm just glad that Touta is not one of the emo type of main
Old 2015-03-18, 05:52   Link #2994
Twi

Hahaha... Touta does have a mother-complex. And Chikage has common sense on top of being an App Developer. Always useful. He stays.
Old 2015-03-18, 06:45   Link #2995
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Well, at least Touta got over it pretty quick. Gotta say, that's one of the fastest BSOD recovery I've saw. It's kinda refreshing.

And Kuromaru? That pain in your chest is called "jealousy". Seriously, partner? Battle partner or life partner?
Old 2015-03-18, 06:53   Link #2996
Ultragunner

^ both hahaha

...still, no love for Kirie around here? I just find her really fun to watch
Old 2015-03-18, 06:58   Link #2997
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ both hahaha

...still, no love for Kirie around here? I just find her really fun to watch
She is fun, but unfortunately I like Kuroumaru and imouto more.
Old 2015-03-18, 08:13   Link #2998
Random14

Kirie is fine, but her being the third Naru/Chisame-type character doesn't quite help her in being memorable. Nice to see Santa as the sane one, and now sidestick is talking to Kuromaru too. And while Touta's never been the brightest, glad that he's already wondering who his "parents" were, those people who died way back. Fate said he killed them (or something like that), but of course it wasn't that simple, but anyone who might know isn't interested in sharing.

So obviously by now Touta's an artificial being, though not an exact clone given his appearance. Funny, Negi seemed much more like a clone given his resemblance to Nagi. Well, the Magia Erebea and battle instincts were passed on, but now the question is why was Touta made, but too bad we have to sit through a tournament arc before any answers.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 08:53   Link #2999
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Aw, I want Kuromaru to feed me too...
Old 2015-03-18, 10:14   Link #3000
ellifeedn
Thinker

Wait a minute. The girl who tried to kill Touta, why does she call him brother? Did they try and make a female clone of Negi?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love