AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 11:22   Link #261
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Optimism is always a good thing. As for the episode itself:

Spoiler for Episode spoilers:
Old 2015-04-08, 05:25   Link #262
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

You can tell by some of the people who are hating this show is only in it because of the involvement with kyoani and not genuinely love the franchise itself. The franchise can survive even without the "help" of kyoani.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 10:11   Link #263
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

So if I'm enjoying this as I am now, does that make me a heretic who only loves "mediocre, bland" shows?

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2015-04-09 at 15:31.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 23:08   Link #264
Psyco Diver

Hate to say it, if these characters had different character designs and different names all this would be is another standard slice-of-life/Rom-com. The only thing it has going for it at this point is the Haruhi connection, take that away and your stuck with what I already said. But this is only the first episode, I will watch more and see where it goes
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:10   Link #265
OkamiNoKaze

With Funimation getting the license for this, do you think they'll try to get the original cast for the dub, or recast. If they do recast, who would you like to see give the characters a spin? Could this mean that Funimation is going to try to get the license for the rest of the franchise?
Old 2015-04-18, 14:04   Link #266
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's strange, but I didn't try to think of the source Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi when I read the manga, yet I keep thinking back to the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi throughout the last few episodes.

The thing that made me wonder is whether or not if fun with finding mysteries really do require the enormous sacrifice as it were with the Haruhi series. I had that in mind going into episode 3 (and Kyon came to life here,) and it made me feel that the series is a bit of a wish-fulfillment for Nagato to live as Yuki.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 01:11   Link #267
scififan

Just watched the anime. The story flow reminds me about other "daily life" anime.
In this universe, Kyon seems to be quite popular with girls.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 01:57   Link #268
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

This came out of a 4chan discussion.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler for character yet to appear:

Pavene for a dead princess is used as the audio motif for Yuki here. What Revel had in mind with the music really echoes back to the events of Disappearance of Haruhi movie in relation to this spinoff, as Yuki's world would only be a distant memory to Nagato and Kyon after the events of Disappearance.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 15:37   Link #269
Megumi Kitagawa

I tried to give this a chance.

I love mot of the newer designs. I think Tsuruya looks amazing. Haruhi looks great. Ryoko is kind of a downgrade, but it's not bad. Kyon is bad, but the others are either lateral or slight improvements (I love Mikuru's gradient is cute). I actually prefer this over KyoAni's. I wouldn't be mad if Satellite took over Haruhi-related from KyoAni.

I hate Yuki. Hate her. She's boring and has shown no promise. Haruhi in one episode outshines Yuki's previous three. Ryoko's and Tsuruya's short competition was the best moment in the entire series, and they've been enjoyable on their own. Kyon is fun when he talks with Haruhi. And Mikuru is Mikuru, Itsuki is Itsuki.

Yuki is the main character. And yet she is the least interesting. Her interactions with others pales against other characters interacting. Most of the time, the character she speaks with is more interesting than Yuki herself. How can that happen where every character is more interesting than the main character (besides Mikuru and Itsuki, but they're minor).

It's just disappointing. Haruhi-Tsuruya-Royoko spin-off soon, I hope.
Megumi Kitagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 13:32   Link #270
ukulelembo
Detective

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...hi-cast/.88652
FUCKING YES!
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 14:03   Link #271
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Great news
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 15:09   Link #272
Asrial

So it looks like, as best as I can tell, the dub starts TOMORROW. That's great!

Are we going to use the existing episode threads to discuss it? Or new threads?
MY FAVORITES: Haruhi, K-On, Big O, Blue Drop, One Week Friends, Summer Wars, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Universe, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, Green Legend Ran, E.Y.E.S. of Mars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and The Place Promised in Our Early Days.
Asrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 16:02   Link #273
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Existing thread should be good enough... I mean, it's not like if the episodes were different from Japanese to English.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 17:50   Link #274
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Yeah, use the existing threads to discuss the dubbed episodes, but use the dubbing thread to discuss the dub itself.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 13:09   Link #275
Idealist 99

It seem Haruhi and Kyon destine to meet each other no matter which universe they are in !
Old 2015-06-01, 14:15   Link #276
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is the way of things.
Old 2015-06-02, 00:35   Link #277
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm a bit surprised that this series got 16 episodes. That's three more episodes than a cour.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 11:45   Link #278
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm a bit surprised that this series got 16 episodes. That's three more episodes than a cour.
Actually is a little questionable whether information about 16 episodes is really truth.
So far, there is confirmed just 6 volumes for BD/DVD releases. With typical 2-episodes content it guarantees just normal 12 episodes. Not mention that with current pacing, series will reach perfect story point where stop in exactly 12th episode. Thus is question whether pamphlet that announced 16 episodes, wasn't just some fake. So far there is no other source about actual number of episodes.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 15:06   Link #279
Draco Spirit

16 does seem a odd number for a anime tbh.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 04:15   Link #280
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is the way of things.
unfortunately , Kyon get attracted to Nagato and Mikuro instate of Haruhi in both universe.
Poor girl , it seem she is bound to lose Kyon to Nagato in both universe.

Also , I am surprise at Haruhi and Ryoko's close friendship since The Original Haruhi barely notice Ryoko's existence despite her effort to befriend her.
Also , Ryoko seem to be the 2nd person who have better chemistry with Kyon! However she might still be homicidal.

Plus , Ryoko look might Ami Kawashima (Toradora) in this new animation !
Seriously , She's probably the 3rd ''Ami Kawashima Lookalike'' to appear in an Anime.
But again , she's the side character.
Its as if all ''Ami Kawashima Lookalike'' has a curse of being a Side-character!

Tags
alternate universe, haruhi suzumiya, spin-off