AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-31, 19:25   Link #141
coded321
He Who Games

has anyone had any issues with their money? for some reason my wealth went down from 60k to 7k, and i am very sure that i did not simply spend all those coins. one minute i had 61k, then when i opened up the map, i noticed i only had 7k. anyone have this money disappearing issue?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 23:03   Link #142
yuugi99

This game is awesome. If only it is 60 FPS (PS4 version), the game would be perfect.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 23:05   Link #143
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
has anyone had any issues with their money? for some reason my wealth went down from 60k to 7k, and i am very sure that i did not simply spend all those coins. one minute i had 61k, then when i opened up the map, i noticed i only had 7k. anyone have this money disappearing issue?
If you have angered guards in town (e.g. looting treasures in front of them) and they took you down, your money will be lost instead of game over. Maybe that happened?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 12:01   Link #144
Alchemist007
*Author

More incoming patch fixes, which is why I'm still early in the game, just wanting a less buggy playthrough.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...=1#post1728578
Old 2015-06-04, 08:04   Link #145
justpassingby

Hitting 25 hours mark on Death March. I'm addicted to this game that I neglected my anime. _(:3 」∠)_.
I've encountered a bug (PS4) where a Drowner which was supposed to be dead was freezed in a custscene after I liberated a village.

They should make a movie/series out of this.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2015-06-04 at 08:19.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 09:27   Link #146
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*cough*, *COUGH*

Damn allergies... XD
Old 2015-06-04, 11:08   Link #147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*cough*, *COUGH*

Damn allergies... XD
-Kills-

I am bloody sick of hearing people sniffle, cough, burp and fart. I sware to god if I could kill civilians I would.
Old 2015-06-09, 11:03   Link #148
Chase

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Has Sold 4 Million Copies
Quote:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt sold 4 million copies worldwide in its first two weeks, CD Projekt Red announced this morning. In commemoration of the milestone, the company’s co-founder, Marcin Iwiński, shared the following message for players:

Dear Gamers,

May 19th was a crucial date for all of us here at CD PROJEKT RED — we released The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, our open world role-playing game that we had been hard at work on for over 3 years. Since day one, you have given us tons of positive feedback and support — the sheer volume of emails we’ve gotten since launch simply congratulating us for our efforts is both epic and heartwarming, and I wish every developer comes to have such a fantastic community. In terms of media reception, we’re really humbled by the scores the game has received all around the world. With an average of 90+ on every platform, Wild Hunt is our dream coming true.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the four million gamers worldwide who bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the first two weeks from launch. Four million RPG fans spending their hard-earned money on our game is a sign that we did something right, and you can be sure that we’ll harness all that positive energy and make the upcoming expansions worthy of the grand adventure that you’re telling us Wild Hunt already is! Until then, keep on enjoying Wild Hunt, do not forget to grab your weekly set of free DLCs, and stay tuned for constant updates and enhancement to the game we are continuously working on.

Dandelion once said to Geralt that the world is changing, the sun is setting, and vodka’s running out — go, play, and have fun!

All the best,
Marcin Iwiński
Co-founder, CD PROJEKT RED
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/09...illion-copies/
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 07:23   Link #149
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I just started this, got past white orchard and now going through Velen. Not a witcher fan but i think it's alright. Combat seems a bit basic compared to games like Dark Souls, i remembered witcher 1 had fairly elaborate combat system? Seems like most of the time i can get by just using sidestep and light attacks.

The quest is well written, you generally get a few snippets of the world and lore from doing even the sidequests. I always find it staggering ingame that have way too many text dump in form of books or codex type encyclopedia, it's just much easier for me to digest lore and settings when it's presented than written. There's some books ingame but thankfully, they kept it short and concise.

Character progression seems a bit off to me though, there's a bunch of crafting recipe for gears that i m underleveled for and I often find myself fighting enemies 3 to 5 levels above me? Granted it really doesn't seem like there's too much gear checks and i can chip them off easily with the usual sidestep and poke tactic.
Old 2015-06-11, 03:02   Link #150
SineMora
Wait for it...

Okay, what's next Projekt? Cyberpunk or Witcher DLCs?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 03:08   Link #151
oompa loompa

Just finished the game. Really really good, I'm almost certain this game is going to win GOTY and it will deserve it. The last time I can remember being as satisfied with a game was DkS 1, which is of an incredibly high standard. The only gripe ( i didn't really have too much problem with glitches playing on the PC ), is that they weren't brave enough with the enemies. The only enemies that pose even a small challenge were the 3 wild hunt bosses, and even they were not too difficult. Still, if you like RPG's, play this game, I really don't think there has been anything like it for a while; it wasn't perfect but I can see why it got a 10/10 on gamespot, this is literally the new standard for open world RPG's ( I rate it higher than DAI only, and I mean only because the writing and the story is so, so much better).

tl;dr play this game guys. and take your time with it, chip off a few hours after work or school everyday. Almost certainly GOTY
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 20:06   Link #152
Alchemist007
*Author

Oh yeah must have mod for hairworks IMO: www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/165/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Okay, what's next Projekt? Cyberpunk or Witcher DLCs?
Obviously the DLCs, they aren't even planning to talk about punk until 2017: http://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-news-2017/
Old 2015-06-13, 22:30   Link #153
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Man, this game is a close to be a Materpiece.

I have found
Spoiler for name:
in this game.

Spoiler for pics:
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 04:52   Link #154
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Finally finished the game, got sidetracked for awhile by other games and stuff when i was near the end before i decide to finish it off today. The graphics is probably the prettiest I seen so far for a RPG especially when it comes to facial animation and attention to details. The story is very well done especially for some of the bigger sidequest. There's always a good deal context building which a lot of RPG doesn't have their sidequest which helps a lot considering there's a ton of sidequest to do. However, the main ending was pretty abrupt especially
Spoiler for ending spoilter:

but luckily the rest of the stories are resolved well. Great voice acting and facial animation helps deliver and establish the atmosphere very well.

Gameplay wise is pretty average. I don't like the movement because it's unwieldy due to the locked animation. I dread trying to do any precise movement (climbing a ladder, picking up items) because of it. Not sure if it would be better on gamepads since i'm using kb & mouse.

Combat wise is alright as it requires some thoughts and tactic to your approach on different enemies instead of the typical counter + mash attack till dead. However, i wish there's a better way to control the auto targeting system and easier access to oils and potion. For a game that emphasis a lot on pre fight setup, the inability to cycle through all your potions/tonic/bombs puts a damper on it.

This is because the inventory system for the game is terrible. Having all your consumeables mixed in with lootable books, noticeboard post and tons of misc food is a nightmare. Not to mention some of the read items are in the quest item category while some are in the consumable category. No filters, no way to quicksell junk item, lack of logical sorting options, no easy way to see item weight, mutagens all sharing the same icons meant you have to mouse over it to find the right one you wanted..... anyway, it's just badly design in terms of usability despite the sleek aesthetic.

Overall, it's still a great game barring some gameplay issues that excels in story and graphics that's worth a play through.
Old 2015-07-18, 00:13   Link #155
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

How is the framerate for this game on PS4? For both gameplay and cutscenes and with the latest update.
Old 2015-08-01, 21:56   Link #156
justpassingby

I've just finished the game, and I'm feeling empty inside. ;_;. I got the worst ending, and the feelings were multiplied when I compared it to alternative endings found at Youtube.

It's time I was on my way. Until the next expansions.
Old 2015-10-26, 17:20   Link #157
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For those who have already moved on, a heads-up: the first DLC (Hearts of Stone) has been released by CD Projekt Red.

[WARNING: spoilers follow. Avert your eyes if squeamish]

I beat it a week ago and, well, there are good things and bad things to go through. The plot began quite well, thoroughly piquing my interest (at one moment, I thought Geralt was bound for Ofier, and the game's map would be significantly increased - but that suspicion was rather quickly dispelled), but it dissolved into lengthy (the von Everec mansion arc) and sometimes irritating (the Vlodomir possession and the wedding) sequences after the Frog Prince mission, with moments of revitalized interest (the heist) sprinkled here and there.

However, as you progress through Olgierd's wishes, the distinctive Faustian hue (not to mention another Slav source of inspiration) of the story emerges (until it's practically screaming in your face who Gaunter O'Dimm actually is), potentially spoiling the endgame...though, once again, options are offered: for example, dismissing a certain optional side quest means railroading you into a single (bad) ending, though as a consolation prize (especially if you haven't finished the W3WH main quest), Gaunter O'Dimm gives you clues as to how to get the best MQ ending. Completing the side quest, however, allows you to challenge (literally) Fate and visit a very interesting place where a particularly rare Witcher weapon can be found (that is, if you don't dilly-dally around too much).

There are a few side quests offered, but somehow either one of my saves was corrupted during my playthrough or the DLC (and the subsequent patches) broke something, damaging some of the secondary quests. For example,
  • The Muire D'yaeblen (which I had yet to start) contract got bugged beyond repair: the quest giver just refuses to start the sequence and acts as a mere NPC
  • Some contracts/quests like the Drakenborg Redemption are available from the get-go in the quest tab, but the initial tasks force me to interact with items I have not found yet and the map offers no help as to their location (Google to the rescue!)

Aside from that, it was an okay DLC. I'm more curious about the one that'll open up the Toussaint region, though.
Old 2016-05-31, 17:20   Link #158
Dextro
He Without a Title

So the new DLC is out, Blood and Wine. I've picked it up and begun the main quest but haven't gotten very far yet. First impressions: the new region is deliciously colourful which is a nice change of pace from the regular game (which wasn't too shabby itself actually) and the accents just make me laugh... Oh well, voice acting wasn't a strong suit of the original game anyway
Old 2016-05-31, 18:31   Link #159
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Still recovering from an inevitable episode of gaming burnout (I only have myself to blame for this), so I haven't bought the new DLC yet. I'll get it next week or later, ATM I'm working around my new house (which I bought at the end of last year), setting a few last things up and the workout is a nice change from all that mind-numbing grinding I've done lately.

I'm nevertheless looking forward to playing this new expansion; the online descriptions and tidbits about Toussaint already present in the base game sure do make it sound like an idyllic, Eden-like place, quite different from White Orchard and Velen, both of which are traumatized lands still recovering from the throes of war, physically and mentally.

EDIT: godd*** it all to hell, I just opened Witcher 3 after a several months-long hiatus and the first thing that greeted me was the realization that all of my progress on Hearts of Stone and some various side quests had disappeared: I'm literally back to the epilogue of the main quest after parting ways with Ciri. From the looks of it, I failed to manually copy-paste my most recent save files when I made a rollback to an older, stabler backup partition image. Thankfully, one of the aforementioned bare-metal backups appears to contain the said missing savefiles, so I don't have to redo HoS all over again and I just have to mount the image and extract the folder I need. *exhales in relief* Gotta be more careful next time I decide to make C:\ partition rollbacks (I'm using third-party backup & restore software, external HDDs and boot CDs, btw - nothing automated)...one of these days I'll end up accidentally reformatting my drive and overwriting something I must preserve at all costs. X_X

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-06-01 at 16:08.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 15:22   Link #160
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Apologies for the double post.

I bought over the weekend the final expansion pack and I must reiterate my previous comment: Toussaint's indeed a breathtaking place, obviously based on idealized French/Italian landscapes (Ardèche, Po Valley, etc) and cultures, with a substantial bit of fairy tale (literally and figuratively) thrown in. One of the earlier preview summaries for this DLC, however, had my expectations turned the wrong way: somehow I was led to believe Toussaint's overflowing prosperity and peace were owed to some sorcery (like an unholy pact with some eldritch entities that guaranteed opulence in exchange for something immoral, bloody or twisted) - turns out I was wrong, the bloody secret "Toussaint hides" is not tied to the land itself.

Anyway, the developers seem to have injected a good dose of tongue-in-cheek and humor in this DLC with the surprisingly high amount of silliness and chuckle-inducing moments scattered throughout the quests and environment features. It's also the first game where I've ever had to roam around looking for a big brass penis. O_o I even spotted in the literary paraphernalia lying all over the map references to a tragically reckless knight named Leeroy and even a poorly-veiled wink to the Cthulhu Mythos. And I almost laughed out loud when I heard a peasant singing a reworded version of "El Condor Pasa" ("I'd rather be an eagle than a quail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would...").

And for the aforementioned literal Fairy Tale part, the writers really went to town on our old FTs: the match-selling girl is now peddling drugs, Red Riding Hood and the woodcutter finally got done in by the wolf, Rapunzel hung herself from her tower's rafters after her prince fell to his death trying to scale the wall, Goldilocks got slaughtered by the three bears...oh boy.

The story is not as compelling IMHO as that of Hearts of Stone, but the geographical setting itself definitely makes up for these shortcomings. The game, however, is not without some bugs (e.g. there are two monster nests that I just can't find and destroy near Fort Astre, even though I killed the two centipedes guarding it, and some texts I collected are in Polish rather than English) and I hope they'll be fixed soon. The new mutations are very interesting, especially the one that allows Aard to be mixed with a flash-freeze spell. The new armors and weapons are quite nice, too. The expanded bestiary is a welcome addition, though I now positively hate most of it (alps and bruxae, archespores and giant centipedes) as they can be horribly tricky to handle at times (the invisible vampires with their fast attacks are a source of concern for me, I die a lot when facing them). Amusing anecdote, which occurred a couple minutes prior to making this post: although I already got the "good ending" (thereby choosing to go after Syanna during the Night of Long Fangs and not resorting to contact this...superior being), I actually did manage, all on my own, to find the cave where the Unseen Elder resides...and I got promptly killed for it in a sudden cutscene...which I guess is the game's way of saying, "he's over 9000, so do not even bother, you puny human behind a keyboard; just die already, that's what you get for not choosing the Unseen Elder and Bad Ending route!"

Anyway, it's kinda sad to see Geralt hang his swords, but we finally get to see where he ends up (the base game's storyline, if you choose the Yennefer route, state that they retired somewhere far away from human troubles, but it wasn't specified where exactly). We know he got his good ending. Speaking of which, I've always wanted Geralt to have some sort of home base where he could store his stuff (Assassin's Creed's assassin stronghold style) he found on the road (I often overburden myself on these quests), as Kaer Morhen was, IMHO, way too remote and too big for that job, and I got my wish - and even more than that. Heck, I almost thought the devs had taken a leaf out of Assassin's Creed 3's homestead on that part, but I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-06-05 at 15:46.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote