AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-26, 20:06   Link #5481
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wait, WHAT. Not only is Shino going against Harue, but also Himematsu's real coach?
Old 2015-07-26, 23:52   Link #5482
The Green One

Not just going against them but winning or currently winning apparently.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 09:45   Link #5483
Marina2

Shinohayu 23

I just noticed that Harue is 4th years - She's not in the same grade as Shino (6th year) . This means the match between Harue , Sukoya , Hayari and Risa will happen when Shino is on her final year in highschool.

As for this chapter, it is a fun match.

Spoiler for Shinohayu ch23:
Old 2015-08-01, 09:57   Link #5484
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Really looking forward to the final match ... it will be nice to see both Zenno and Wakanne in some kind of player style mode. ^^
Old 2015-08-01, 11:41   Link #5485
Requiem-x
The slacking one

This chapter, Harue learns bird is the word and we learn Shino doesn't play second fiddle No wonder Kanna trusts she can make it.

Next match, though... that's gonna be a tough one. Definetly looking forward to Zennou and chibi Uta. And maybe Kokoro going "Oh god, I'm not ready for this!"

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2015-08-02 at 13:52.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 11:45   Link #5486
The Green One

Take notes main series, Shino shows how its done to get to the finals of a tournament quickly instead of spending 2-3 years real world time!
Old 2015-08-02, 13:13   Link #5487
King-Slayer

Shino just screwed over Harue and I love it. Zenno and Uta will be pretty tough to deal with though. I also imagine that Kokoro and Shino will become good friends.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 13:54   Link #5488
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Take notes main series, Shino shows how its done to get to the finals of a tournament quickly instead of spending 2-3 years real world time!
To be fair, it's only one match for each part of the tournament this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Shino just screwed over Harue and I love it. Zenno and Uta will be pretty tough to deal with though. I also imagine that Kokoro and Shino will become good friends.
Shino seems to be really good at leaving an impression on people, so you might be right. This whole series started with the top players in Japan remembering her, for god's sake.
Old 2015-08-02, 14:37   Link #5489
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
To be fair the series is a wash from a Mahjong point of view. Shinohayu barely goes into any depth regarding the matches save for a few hands here and there. The interesting part about a Mahjong anime series is that it effectively becomes a 4FFA battle, something you rarely see in anime in any shape or form and that Saki main series (and to an extent Achiga in its semi final match) manages to capture pretty well well.

We do get other things in return though, like more focus on the main characters.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 12:44   Link #5490
Bladezer

Quote:
Dude this is the single's not the team match, so of course it will go quicker, plus we aren't dealing with powers, and how they each work and interlock with each other in all the matches.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 13:36   Link #5491
Marina2

Actually, it is mainly because Shinohayu didn't waste time giving flashback to everyone on the table.
Old 2015-08-03, 18:22   Link #5492
Proto

What you call waste I call investing time into making the opponents interesting characters by giving them a back story. If you don't do that you indeed do get faster moving chapters. But you know which of her opponents we actually care anything about? Hayari, Kanna, Kyouka, Yue. The ones with a backstory or with screen time.

Last edited by Proto; 2015-08-03 at 22:59.
Old 2015-08-03, 23:18   Link #5493
The Green One

*chuckles* Relax guys, I was making a joke. It's not meant to be serious.
Old 2015-08-04, 08:43   Link #5494
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
What you call waste I call investing time into making the opponents interesting characters by giving them a back story. If you don't do that you indeed do get faster moving chapters. But you know which of her opponents we actually care anything about? Hayari, Kanna, Kyouka, Yue. The ones with a backstory or with screen time

What I want to say is Shinohayu know when it should focus on giving us the character background information and when it should focus on the mahjong game.

In Shinohayu, during the mahjong match, the story will focus only on the game from the begining to the end. There is no or only little flashback/backstory of x character during the game.

We learnt about opponents who Shino played with through how they play , how their act/react during the match, the conversation and the inner thought during in the match. These infomation are enough to make as like them without the need to give each of them the back story.

We only get long and detailed back story / background of characters when there is no match going on (As we seen in Shino, Hayari, Kanna, and Yue character story arc).

In main manga, which each chapter are shorter and has uncertain release schedure, sometime one back story can cover entire chapter with only lttile or no progression on the match and we need to wait for 2 weeks or 1 month or 2 months for the next chapter. If Ritz want to give info on opponents during the match, Ritz should do it in the way that it won't delay the progressing of the match too much.

Yes, knowing about opponents is good. I won't mind if Ritz spent some chapters on the back story for the new opponents before the match start , but when the match start, the following chapters should focus mostly on the mahjong until the match is end. That's way each match will go faster.

Recent chapters is better regarding this issue.

Quote:
*chuckles* Relax guys, I was making a joke. It's not meant to be serious.
It's ok. You actually brought up an interesting topic.
Old 2015-08-04, 09:29   Link #5495
Proto

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I really dont mind the slow pace or the longer release schedule. I guess it comes with the age.
Old 2015-08-04, 10:19   Link #5496
AP24

At the rate it's going, the semi-finals won't end in the main series before this year is over. However, once the story reaches the final matches the progress might be a little faster. Shinohayu series will probably end before the main series semi-final matches are over. I don't think there will be any more spin-off series during the time the main series is at the finals.

The anime needs 2-cours to cover the rest of the team tournament and another cour to cover the individual matches. I estimate the anime won't reach the team tournament final until 2019 the earliest. It's cruel for them to make us wait until then so there will probably be a Saki anime next year or in 2017. It could be the Shinohayu spin-off or the main series covering Kiyosumi's semifinal match.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 01:03   Link #5497
The Green One

Fun fact, Saki's 2nd round match in Nationals had ended and the first chapter after the match was also in August. Of 2012. Here we are three years later and we haven't finished the semi finals yet.
Old 2015-08-05, 21:56   Link #5498
Chitanda Eru

everybody be quietttttttttttttttt
Spoiler for chap 146:

OMG! I LOVE YOU SAWAYA ^_____^

P/S: Half of first hanchan hasn't ended. There's lots of thing can happen. Plzz do something Saki . And... Can Nelly protect her lead )?

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2015-08-05 at 22:13.
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 22:04   Link #5499
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Oh dear god!!!

Spoiler for Wait, what?:
Old 2015-08-05, 22:10   Link #5500
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
@ Requiem-x

Yes ... yes, she is.

Yeesh.

I wonder if the circumstances will allow for another level of ascendency/unlocking? Sometimes it takes serious situations to bring that sorta stuff out of her....

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri