AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-08-02, 07:33   Link #2081
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Okay , I started to why anyone would drew a petition against the new Character Design !
I guess this post is missing a word, because it's confusing
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 07:59   Link #2082
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
Goddamn this poster is amazing.

Aye great trailer, and I dig the new butterfly cover.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 08:47   Link #2083
Homura7

You know we are in for one huge wild ride when the first movie already shows Alphamon, leader of the RK.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 12:03   Link #2084
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
You know we are in for one huge wild ride when the first movie already shows Alphamon, leader of the RK.
Do we have any confirmation that they are full-length films, rather than twenty minute episodes, or even five or ten minisodes?

Obviously, I'm hoping that the answer here is 'yes'.

EDIT: Never mind, just found out that the first film has been confirmed for being eighty minutes long.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra

Last edited by DMurphy; 2015-08-02 at 12:15.
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 12:42   Link #2085
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Well some people are already theorizing that one of the characters shown on the PV is Ken. While I doubt it since Ken would have been announced already if he was in the episdoe, I do think it would be really cool if it were him.
I'm really doubting it.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 17:02   Link #2086
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I'm really doubting it.
I can see the person who people are saying is Ken in the trailers (I thought it was Jyou at first, but it's not) - but I'm pretty sure that's not Ken. If anything, I think it's a new character.

Obviously, though, that doesn't mean that 02 is being retconned, because there is literally no reason to think that and about a dozen reasons to think that it's still entirely canon.

Old 2015-08-02, 20:55   Link #2087
Galaxian

Taking advantage that Digimon's popularity is going up because of Tri, Bandai announced a new SHFiguart Omegamon...

Omegamon got voted the most popular Digimon in a poll carried out earlier this year.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 08:20   Link #2088
Konja9

A video of Digifest with messages of new seiyuus of Yamato, Taichi and Sora:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 17:19   Link #2089
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
And this is pretty much his first official animated appearance right? Aside from the X-Evolution movie?
Old 2015-08-03, 17:26   Link #2090
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And this is pretty much his first official animated appearance right? Aside from the X-Evolution movie?
Alphamon has been in video games and his silhouette appeared in Saver's second opening, but yes this is his first real animated appearance.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 19:47   Link #2091
-Xaros-

How do you guys think Tri will deal with the digivices then? If 02 is to be canon (and we don't have reason to believe otherwise), T.K and Kari will have the updated digivices while the rest are stuck with the original.

I know this doesn't confirm anything, but Bandai is making a high quality digivice based on the original design that's marketed for Tri.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...f-in-latest-ad

Do you guys think that their digivices will get upgraded? Or simply D3s don't exist?

Curious to see how they go about that. Maybe it's my little OCD inside of me but I don't know how much I'd like if they don't all have the same design digivices ._.

Also, heres a trailer for a new PSV Digimon Game - Digimon World -next 0rder-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I6t...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by -Xaros-; 2015-08-03 at 20:19.
-Xaros- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 01:47   Link #2092
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
after ogling about on how cool the poster looks, i managed to oversee how unintentionally funny it is, i mean why is Yamato sitting on Alphamon's sword hilt that he happens about to swing it at his own digimon along with Taichi? & why is Taichi sitting on Omegamon's arm when he is about to swing his Greymon sword at Alphamon? wouldn't that might cause both tamers to be flung towards a window of a nearby building as both digimons' swing their respective swords? unless they are attempting to channel Masaru Daimon in acrobatic Chuck Norris-ing,

still it looks badass, screw logic!! my childhood lives in the rule of cool!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 06:16   Link #2093
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Xaros- View Post
How do you guys think Tri will deal with the digivices then? If 02 is to be canon (and we don't have reason to believe otherwise), T.K and Kari will have the updated digivices while the rest are stuck with the original.

I know this doesn't confirm anything, but Bandai is making a high quality digivice based on the original design that's marketed for Tri.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...f-in-latest-ad

Do you guys think that their digivices will get upgraded? Or simply D3s don't exist?

Curious to see how they go about that. Maybe it's my little OCD inside of me but I don't know how much I'd like if they don't all have the same design digivices ._.

Also, heres a trailer for a new PSV Digimon Game - Digimon World -next 0rder-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I6t...ature=youtu.be
I imagine the most likely thing is that T.K. and Kari will have D3s and everyone else will have original flavour digivices, although I think there's also the possibility that everyone will get an upgrade into a new type of digivice.

Old 2015-08-04, 06:58   Link #2094
snowey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I imagine the most likely thing is that T.K. and Kari will have D3s and everyone else will have original flavour digivices, although I think there's also the possibility that everyone will get an upgrade into a new type of digivice.
If that was the case why would Toei keep making new old digivices toys? Wouldnt they just make new ones for Tri's digivices? And why didnt they make 2 D3s?
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 07:48   Link #2095
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
We must keep in mind that regardless of whether 02 is canon or not, they have promoted Tri especially as a continuation of Adventure. I mean Pre Fest was divided into two parts, the first part was "Digimon Adventure 02" and the second part was "Digimon Adventure" and "Digimon Adventure Tri". So, I don't think Takeru and Hikari keep D3s in Tri (that everyone has the same digivice is most likely).

Although I think it is possible that the 8 digidestined get a new digivice.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 08:15   Link #2096
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowey View Post
If that was the case why would Toei keep making new old digivices toys? Wouldnt they just make new ones for Tri's digivices? And why didnt they make 2 D3s?
Nostalgia applied to marketing.
Would you buy the old design if you know that a new one is coming ?
If you're a huge fan, maybe. But most people would wait and choose which one they prefer.

So you release a tribute version first. Then, to make more sells, you make a new model based on the new TV show. That way, you get the chance to have people buying both... EVIL PLAN !

For the D3, weren't they the black sheep of the digivices ? I don't know if people really like that model...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 09:08   Link #2097
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Nostalgia applied to marketing.
Would you buy the old design if you know that a new one is coming ?
If you're a huge fan, maybe. But most people would wait and choose which one they prefer.

So you release a tribute version first. Then, to make more sells, you make a new model based on the new TV show. That way, you get the chance to have people buying both... EVIL PLAN !

For the D3, weren't they the black sheep of the digivices ? I don't know if people really like that model...
^ Pretty much this.

Toei and Bandai are nothing if not very canny and very shameless about marketing.

Old 2015-08-08, 07:12   Link #2098
Idealist 99

I'm still pretty upset about the entire Tri Series being a Movie ! It pretty much killed 80% of my hype.
Honestly , What I truly want is a new Protagonist who act like a Comic Relief like Davis ! However later he will shown to have a smarter , Serious and Darker personality that he hide under his ''Comic relief personality ! A part of series will be dedicated to him overcoming his inner darkness and share his real self with other DigiDestined.
That What I hope for when I though Tri series to be an actual TV Series.

By the way , Its Look like someone asking Sora on a Date ? Could it be Tai ?
Honestly though , Sora doesn't look cute at all in this new animation!
Old 2015-08-09, 01:54   Link #2099
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I'm still pretty upset about the entire Tri Series being a Movie ! It pretty much killed 80% of my hype.
It's 6 movies, and it they each run 80 mins like Episode 1 will, that's the equivalent to a 20 episode TV series in length.
Old 2015-08-09, 06:58   Link #2100
snowey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
It's 6 movies, and it they each run 80 mins like Episode 1 will, that's the equivalent to a 20 episode TV series in length.
But like it's not as exciting as the series because we have to wait for so long for each one to come out
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon