AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-25, 15:55   Link #401
AntonKutovoi

You know, I have a slight arachnophobia, but onto hell with it - Rachnera is the best girl.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2015-08-25 at 17:33.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 17:27   Link #402
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Huge props to Suu's VA for mimicking her fellow voice actresses to such great results! One of my favorite episodes, with my two favorite heroines. Continuous props to the studio for the flawless adaptation.

This ep also shows why Rachnera is such an essential character in the harem. She's the force of maturity that balances and keeps the other girls in line.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2015-08-25 at 17:37.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 18:04   Link #403
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A really nice episode and shows how fun this group can be. A fair point made with Rachnera and Centorea. Pretending to like someone or be neutral when you don't isn't going to make that person comfortable. It does make sense for Cerea to feel uneasy around her because she could pose a threat to someone that Cerea cares about. Being on the defensive because of that makes sense, pretending otherwise is just being dishonest. Of course after that scene a lot of the bad feelings were pretty well gone since Cerea got a good understanding of Rachnera.

This was a great second half of the episode for Suu as well. Just hilarious watching her mimic the cast and in the end finding out how to care for the MC. The fact that she was the reason he caught a cold in the first place was interesting to note. Suu's abilities really are pretty awesome. Even able to read what the MC needed in that state thanks to that strange slime mind meld .
Old 2015-08-25, 18:21   Link #404
darkofficer
just a devil

this episode shows why ranchee and suu are the best girls in the series

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 21:14   Link #405
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Centorea still over reacting and Rachnera all ready starting with the bondage

Know wonder Kimihito got sick everyone keeps jumping threw his window
Old 2015-08-25, 23:27   Link #406
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

It still amaze me that this series, with this weird set up and with those weird character, got such a good and almost perfectly treatment compared to other series that objectively would be better in plot, characters and those thing.
Im not saying it does not deserve it, but in some way its weird to see how much effort(which Im loving so far) is done with these anime.
Old 2015-08-26, 02:26   Link #407
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
It still amaze me that this series, with this weird set up and with those weird character, got such a good and almost perfectly treatment compared to other series that objectively would be better in plot, characters and those thing.
Im not saying it does not deserve it, but in some way its weird to see how much effort(which Im loving so far) is done with these anime.
As a bunch of anibloggers like to point out, it's really about the staff they assembled at the top for why this is working so well.

The Director + Series Comp did Muromi-san, which is a really brilliant little comedy manga adaptation from last year. The Series Comp, while not working on the best of projects, has a long list of series that are "far better than they deserved to be". So for this type of series, they really got a staff that could knock it out of the park. At least as far as the source will allow for.

They've also done well to just straight adapt 2 chapters per episode, which should cover enough to keep things moving as a solid pace. Which allows everyone to get their better stories into the anime. (Which is much of the point)

All told, it's just a really competent job of getting what "works" about the manga into the anime, which is harder than most people realize to pull off.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 03:04   Link #408
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
this episode shows why ranchee and suu are the best girls in the series
Totally agree.. and Mero is the best mistress in the series

Rach-neesan's maturity is in totally different level comparing to other girls
and Suu is a fast-learner

I actually look forward to see how Smith-san took care of Darling.. but she let me down
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 06:42   Link #409
ShiroiRyu

Yes, you can never be sure of Smith-san when it's all about work ...
About the plot of this series, i think i like the Rachnee one, Cerea just after.
Old 2015-08-26, 06:47   Link #410
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Huge props to Suu's VA for mimicking her fellow voice actresses to such great results!
Doppel's VA basically mimicked the entire cast in one of the online segments.But we will likely never hear anything like it in the show itself.
Old 2015-08-26, 09:42   Link #411
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Doppel's VA basically mimicked the entire cast in one of the online segments.But we will likely never hear anything like it in the show itself.
That and this EP made me wonder if Doppelgangers and Slimes might be related
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 09:58   Link #412
Wandering Soul

The first half showed the types of interactions between the group.Centorea is starting to get a better understanding of Rachnera. Pretending to like someone can easily cause problems.

Second half was pretty funny. Watching Suu take each of the girl's advice did lead to some funny situations. It is interesting to see that Suu was the reason he caught a cold. Of course while all that is going on, Smith is trying to get out of work.
Old 2015-08-27, 10:36   Link #413
chaos_animagic

LOL Suu... so much FUN (technically best Companion if not Wife or Mistress or whatev)

HAHA @ Mero, you crazy tragic mistress you...

Mia... gone over heat there... and Cerea followed...

PS: Suu's Boobs = Best Water Source (wonder how it taste.... /slurp)
PSS: Rachnera is anime original in 2nd half of this episode ;D
(it's why there's no "mimicking" scene for her, would have been even more terrifying than Papi-Suu)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 17:03   Link #414
Izumo
Banned

Images
Preview of the next episode
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-08-28 at 22:58.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 17:28   Link #415
darkofficer
just a devil

next episodes are gonna be good

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 01:47   Link #416
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

For the love of all that is good I dearly hope they put in the snake reference.
Old 2015-08-29, 02:10   Link #417
SineMora
Wait for it...

Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!

*INSERT METAL GEAR GAMEOVER MUSIC HERE*

That Big Boss Rachnera...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 05:52   Link #418
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Who wants coffee?

Ah, Episode 08 was so much fun. I love the way Rachnera was all "So I'm Rach-neesan now?" And Suu's voice actress did a super amazing job mimicking the mannerism's of the MonMusu, sure would have like to have seen a Rach-neesan Suu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The top of this page may be the source of my nightmares tonight .
Sorry, but I must spread the Rach-neesan love
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 08:18   Link #419
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...You know, I think I may have made a mistake watching the X-Com 2 trailer before someone introduced me to this series. Because...well...

In all seriousness, I know people are telling me Miia is actually quite cute, but...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 10:05   Link #420
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Images
Preview of the next episode
Spoiler for next ep:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem