AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-29, 14:33   Link #1021
mickbis

Mumen Rider and Genos get even more respected from me
Poor Pri Pri Prisoner ... he got blame for the failure...

High Power did come with High responsibility... unless you are Saitama....
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 14:36   Link #1022
SeaDoor

Oh look, "Dick From The Internet" had a cameo.

Mumen Rider is the true embodiment of the heroic spirit. Could be a good influence on Saitama.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 14:38   Link #1023
ReddyRedWolf

*sniff* *manly tears flowing*
When the kid called out License-less Rider cheering him on causing the others to do so too with him never giving up plus the awesome score made me feel what the kid feels.

Bravo Madhouse bravo!

I feel sorry for the little girl too. She cheered Genos but that only lead to him getting hurt. She must be traumatized.

edited.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2015-11-29 at 15:01.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:00   Link #1024
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
*sniff* *manly tears flowing*
When the kid called out License-less Rider cheering him on causing the others to do so too with him never giving up plus the awesome score made me feel what the kid feels.

Bravo Bones bravo!
You mean Madhouse .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:08   Link #1025
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Shouldn't the citizens be used to all the threats and destructions now?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:11   Link #1026
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Shouldn't the citizens be used to all the threats and destructions now?
There are 26 cities from A to Z in a continent the shape of Saitama prefecture. Some cities would be untouched while others have frequent monsters like Z city.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:20   Link #1027
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Ah good episode, but wished that Saitama's punch scene was way more epic that was a major disappointment. If they would have only allowed the audience to take the scene in more by pausing or slowing down for bit longer.
It's better this way. I'd even argue that was the entire point. It allows the audience to feel the same disappointment as Saitama.

The highlight of the episode was supposed to be the Mumen Rider scene and Saitama making himself out to the villain to protect the heroes' reputation anyway, not the fight.
Old 2015-11-29, 15:41   Link #1028
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"Justice Crash!"

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:46   Link #1029
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 9

I feel like Genos might have a had chance if he did less posing and had little self-awareness. He was fighting DSK pretty well despite only having one arm and being severely damage afterall.

Anyway good episode. Lots of respect points to Mumen Rider and Saitama, but goddamn that one dissident was sprouting some of most least convincing bullshit I've ever heard. It's something you could really believe if your were living bizarro version of the world they living on.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:52   Link #1030
Cyblaster
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Ah good episode, but wished that Saitama's punch scene was way more epic that was a major disappointment. If they would have only allowed the audience to take the scene in more by pausing or slowing down for bit longer.
The first version of the redraw had a much more impactful effect from the punch but it got toned down to fit the citizens' reaction.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:56   Link #1031
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I feel like Genos might have a had chance if he did less posing and had little self-awareness. He was fighting DSK pretty well despite only having one arm and being severely damage afterall.
I actually think Genos had no chance. He could inflict some damages to the Seaking which was healing almost instantaneously, but at the end of the day he wasn't doing much damages or was able to take many punches from Seaking. I am afraid that Genos topped-out right after his awesome entry against Seaking.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:58   Link #1032
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

People have to keep in mind that Genos is pretty much trying to fight monsters that are above his level. It's easy to dismiss the monsters Saitama has killed as weak but this arc proved something, that the monsters Saitama has one-punched were by no means push-overs.

I've said it before in the manga thread, but I still believe Beefcake (the titan), Vaccine Man, Deep Sea King and Ashura Rhino were pretty much Dragon Thread level monsters. Problem is, aside from Genos, we've only seen OTHER heroes fight Deep Sea King. There was never any scene of heroes fighting the first few monsters...who seemed to easily destroy one or more cities.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:59   Link #1033
bakato

He fared better than he did against the beetle, but seriously he's gotta learn to check for a pulse.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 16:05   Link #1034
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I actually think Genos had no chance. He could inflict some damages to the Seaking which was healing almost instantaneously, but at the end of the day he wasn't doing much damages or was able to take many punches from Seaking. I am afraid that Genos topped-out right after his awesome entry against Seaking.
It's the rain really.
Genos and armed Sonic could best Deep Sea King without the rain, but not when he is under the benefit of constant supply of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He fared better than he did against the beetle, but seriously he's gotta learn to check for a pulse.
To be fair though, Ashura Rhino Beetle is considered more powerful than DSK.
Old 2015-11-29, 16:07   Link #1035
Yamada II

Episode 9
Previously episode 7 was the best showing the ungrateful side of society while also showing the bad eggs among the heroes. But this episode was just freakin awemazing! Mumen Rider is pure awesomeness. That stupid ass Amai Mask guy should learn from this guy. Instead of doing his tv programs and singing songs, he should be in the field kicking ass. What a loser.

Genos was badass over there. He was fighting with one arm only and was causing a hell of a racket there. But the seafood king was still too strong. Genos risked his life to save the little girl who was cheering him on.

And then the badass baldy comes in and only his head wobbles a bit when he gets punched. That fat ass loser scumbag. Someone should have punched that ungrateful little douchebag in his sorry little fat face. To prevent the other heroes from getting a bad name, Saitama sacrificed his own reputation. He doesn't care about himself. All he cares is that people still believe in heroes and don't think of them as losers just eating up their money while not being able to do anything at all.

I didn't quite expect things to surpass the brilliance of episode 7. Can't wait to see what more surprises it has in store.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 16:09   Link #1036
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
To be fair though, Ashura Beetle is considered more powerful than DSK.
Is he? Genos got a considerable upgrade for DSK.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 16:13   Link #1037
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
ONE has said that Genos could have totally beaten Sea King. His attacks were drying Sea King up, and had he not taken the acid attack for the girl Genos would have won.
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 16:15   Link #1038
Wandering Soul

Based Mumen Rider. Lots of respect to both him and Saitama.
Old 2015-11-29, 16:33   Link #1039
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaianDestiny View Post
ONE has said that Genos could have totally beaten Sea King. His attacks were drying Sea King up, and had he not taken the acid attack for the girl Genos would have won.
With an arm missing, I doubt he could have won. However, if he hadn't dropped his guard after his initial attack and taken that nasty punch head on, then yeah, he definitely wouldn't have lost. His abilities were the perfect counter to the Sea King.

Too bad Genos is stuck in the jobber role. He's such a cool character, he deserves better than to get trashed every time to make Saitama look cool.
Old 2015-11-29, 16:51   Link #1040
kuromitsu

Aaaaaaaaaaawww, Mumen Rider! He's so awesome. And Nakamura Yuuichi, he's so awesome, too.

The A part of the episode was fine, the B part was kind of really unsubtle... but it had more Mumen Rider moments so it was worth it.

Two small but great moments: Sonic being late, and Genos being ready to incinerate Saitama's hate mail.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero