Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-20, 16:00   Link #1441
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh Saitama if you don't want it to end in one punch I suggest villain farming. Beat them then allow them to have a training arc.
Saitama would WANT that. There is just one problem... There is only ONE person in the entire franchise who is foolhardy enough to challenge Saitama intentionally, more than once. Even Genos gave up after one session.

It is not a spoiler to say that Sonic is really Saitama's last hope. And there is even an entire manga chapter dedicated to what you suggest, about grooming a challenger.
Old 2015-12-20, 16:06   Link #1442
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Amai mask saying "I'm a hero of justice" is totally Yagami Light all over again...

Anyway, an epic finale to an epic series...you will be missed, OPM. Fantastic animation, especially on the blow-stuff-up department! Not to mention that the story and characters leave a lot more to be desired, sooo...time to get under a rock till a second season gets green lit.

10/10
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 16:09   Link #1443
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ep.12 Final

Boros is hype! He's the one that survived nearly all of Saitama's punches, my goodness one hand blocking?! Also when he got hit to the moon he was like what happened?! Oh I'm on the moon then jumps back, if he really needed oxygen he would have held his breath from the impact alone he didn't need to look left and right and notice his in the moon. Also anyone got the reference on the dragon throw Boros did? Amazing animation on Metoric Burst and the regeneration of Boros and the fight overall. Still some unanswered questions on Genos end for anime onlys even manga readers, but the end episode over was epic.

Also love the last filler similar from the first ep. 10/10 this finale
overall 9.5/10 almost perfect if they included some scenes in the manga like Bang deflectic metorie rubles and needs more Fubuki! >_<
Old 2015-12-20, 16:11   Link #1444
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yorokobe, fujoshi...
Not nearly enough Sonic in there for that. :P

Not nearly enough Sonic in this episode, either. I know he's supposed to be a villain but come on, he could've destroyed the Uchiyama monster (M-whatever was his name?) in the matter of milliseconds. I suppose that's one reason why he wasn't there...

My disappointment over the lack of Sonic aside, I'm disappointed in this episode on a whole. I'm sure it was great for fans of the manga, but for me it was mostly boring. Sure, the Saitama vs Boros fight was pretty cool (the "Saitama on the Moon" segment was the best), and it was worth the hype, but the rest... The S Class guys have been fighting the Uchiyama monster for how long now? It just went on for way too long for me - I'm not invested in these characters at all, most of them haven't had even a minute of screentime during the whole series, I just really didn't care. And after three episodes the fight itself wasn't exciting at all, either, it was mostly really standard stuff. (They could've at least shown Pig God fighting. Maybe that would've been fun.)

I mean, the B part... wtf was with that? It was basically one long setup for a second season that's not going to happen any time soon. Maybe they just followed the manga but if so I wish they went original. Amai Mask ranting about how the others suck and setting himself up as an antagonist of sorts - so what? Tatsumaki being an ass - blah blah blah no-one cares. I wouldn't have minded these scenes if they were shorter but the way they were... nah. Again, maybe these meant a lot to manga fans, but for me it was one long sequence of "I don't care. Shut up. Nope, I still don't care."

Maybe there will be a movie to tide people over until there's enough material for a second season, when all this will become relevant, but for now, for this story, I think it was really a letdown. Which is a pity because this show had grown on me a lot (not quite enough to read the manga, but a lot) and I expected a more fun, more exciting finale. Too bad.

(I'll watch a movie or a second season if they ever come around...)

/ducks stones and rotten eggs
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 16:15   Link #1445
Wandering Soul

That was a glorious fight and this was an epic finale. One Punch man is still a proper title considering the fact that Saitama could have ended it in one punch whenever he felt like it.

That's the second time Genos got turned into a piece of modern art.
Old 2015-12-20, 16:19   Link #1446
MCAL

Only JAM Project can make an epic anime fight even more epic.

I've been wafting between a 7 and an 8 for most of this shows run. This show could be pretty underwhelming at times (Much has to to with how the manga is paced), but the last episode was great enough I'm giving it 8/10.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 16:55   Link #1447
Slayerx

Y'know i do wish they had used the omake chapters to make atleast one more episode. There are probably enough that they could have made something like one episode with 3 small stories. It could have been used as a breather episode between the Seaking and Boros

Also i wish they included the little omake that showed exactly how the stand off between Metal Bat and Amai Mask came to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
It takes more than ONE punch
But not more than one SERIOUS punch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We actually know how long the final battle lasted due to the release of the databook, telling us how long each battle was.
The anime timed itself to match that time.

Assuming the entire fight is in real time...

Spoiler for math of how fast Saitama was in one part:
I want to see someone calculate the force of Saitama's serious pnch based on the fact that he hit boros with enough force to split the sky for thousands of miles... Though that doesn't count that he also had to first cancel out Boro's planet buster. He broke though that and THEN split the sky

Quote:
And then we have that butthole, Amai Mask, showing his stupid face. Someone should really beat the crap out of that bastard. First he doesn't show up until everything is over, and then he has the audacity to call those S Class heroes pathetic for not being able to save the city from ruin. Metal Bat should have beaten the hell out of the guy. If he was so good then why didn't he show up? Was his recording more important than saving City A?
Amai Mask was in another nearby city. Usually takes more than a few minutes to travel between cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Thing is the Seer never said Boros is going to fight somebody at his level just that somebody who will make him go all out and lose his boredom.
Boros said that he would meet someone who was his match. Saitama is way beyond his match

Last edited by Slayerx; 2015-12-20 at 17:07.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 17:03   Link #1448
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Some freebies

Taking this one! Thanks!

Awesome episode!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 17:22   Link #1449
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Boros said that he would meet someone who was his match. Saitama is way beyond his match
Probably, prophecy was about No.1 hero Blast or Tornado
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 17:40   Link #1450
Mubyoshi

Damn, it's finally over. I hope to see a second season some time next year maybe! And the fight did not disappoint!!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 17:48   Link #1451
Peanutbutter

So, that's the end. That serious punch felt lacking though, but everything else was great.

Now then, ANGEL DASH!
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 19:27   Link #1452
Tchadnis

Quote:
Some freebies

hehe thank for that
Old 2015-12-20, 19:31   Link #1453
luffyxnami

Awesome ending, too bad we didnt get to see saitama fight a god rank villain.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 19:39   Link #1454
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Awesome ending, too bad we didnt get to see saitama fight a god rank villain.
Boros was a god rank threat. His final attack could've blown the earth to hell and humanity with it.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 19:48   Link #1455
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Boros was a god rank threat. His final attack could've blown the earth to hell and humanity with it.
Base on what? don't tell me the name of his attack. Have you ever heard of hyperbole?
Old 2015-12-20, 20:01   Link #1456
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If you don't think Boros was God Level, then you weren't watching the episode at all.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 20:05   Link #1457
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If you don't think Boros was God Level, then you weren't watching the episode at all.
What did he do that make it look like he could destroy the world with one attack? You are basing your statement that he is a god rank on what exactly?
Old 2015-12-20, 20:13   Link #1458
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Epic fight ending an epic series. I'm pretty sure we'll get a season 2 someday though
Old 2015-12-20, 20:15   Link #1459
Akashin

Quote:
Taking this; thanks.

I sort of wish I'd kept to my plan to wait for this to be over and marathon the whole thing, but I gave up and watched it at episode nine. Great series, but the pain of knowing any continuation will be a long time coming is real.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 20:20   Link #1460
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
What did he do that make it look like he could destroy the world with one attack? You are basing your statement that he is a god rank on what exactly?
Based on the words of a guy planning on squeezing every last drop out of his life to beat Saitama.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero