AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 20:47   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Those floppy tits remind me of when I'm bored and I wiggle my arms.
Remember, Gifting had to suffer so that you get the better people working on Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-13, 21:09   Link #42
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I'm sorry but I really dont understand what you are trying to say because the thing you have been stating is irrevelanet to what I posted.

I was talking about a specific scene which has a strong comparasion to YYH which made me think was a total copy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well, in short you were talking about how the scene was similar to YYH, while I was talking about why the MC thought there was a truck. So it's just a misunderstanding.
Old 2016-01-14, 00:39   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*watches episode 1*
Well, as long as they keep up the comedy part and don't go into some serious online story, it should be watchable enough.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 02:03   Link #44
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-01-14, 02:48   Link #45
ookamigirl

This looks very fun!
A lot of irony in this one.. LOL
Kazuma & Aqua... what a duo.
Adventuring was not as he hoped for..
Will give this a few episodes ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 03:13   Link #46
mickbis

I like that epic music at the end of episode
it remind me how the adventure start in JRPG game and really give me nostalgia
but this Anime show how both protagonist start from bring Laborer lol

Last edited by mickbis; 2016-01-14 at 03:34.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 05:23   Link #47
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Those floppy tits remind me of when I'm bored and I wiggle my arms.
Remember, Gifting had to suffer so that you get the better people working on Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju.
The director of this show, Takaomi Kanasaki always got given poor budget to his anime, worse his previous two series were aired in the same season as the other two different shows made by two respective studios in charge.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 10:53   Link #48
Yamada II

Episode 1
This was somewhat hilarious. Lol how the MC died. Nopan Aqua was the focus of this episode and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. I was waiting for a joke or something about her apparent lack of underwear but there wasn't any. It had some fun bits but I'm not sure if I want to go ahead with this. The artwork though, so sloppy.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 11:00   Link #49
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Love these sorts of shows, at least when they manage to make themselves at least a little distinct from the crowd.
The opening didn't so much remind me of YYH as the entire spectrum of renderings of this trope. I entered this not knowing what the story was about, so at first I thought he'd come back to life and the girl he saved would become a potential love interest, because that's one common aspect of the standard trope: anyone you save or anyone close to the person/animal you save feels gratitude and respect for your bravery. While YYH did something similar with the knowledge that the truck would've veered and actually injured the boy less, but this took the entire concept of this rescue trope's inversion to a whole new level with the "truck" being a harmless tractor and the guy's death being from fright and his doctors' inability to stop laughing long enough to zap him.
Also enjoyed the turn on the goddess choice that's also been seen a few times (like of course Oh My Goddess), with the goddess showing such derision toward the "hero" and his evil laugh as he claims her as the one piece of property he'd take with him. Must admit, I'd be a little inclined to make the girl pay too after she kept pounding more and more contempt on him. The ultimate result is pretty common, guy in new world who starts out on one end of the spectrum or the other: super-strong or super-weak. I rather figured the guy's powers would be average if not below average, and the goddess having god-level starting specs wasn't exactly surprising either. I loved that the guy had high intelligence and near-cheat-level luck while the girl had lower intelligence than most people and the worst luck possible. So we've got a genre-savvy lucky bastard and a ditzy girl whose stats declare her both the world's Butt Monkey and strong enough to take whatever it throws at her. Sounds fun.

The one thing I don't get is the goddess's complete lack of panties. I've seen shows that play with "vapor wear" or what the Japanese otakudom calls "Haitenai", where they're supposedly wearing panties but it's really hard to imagine this being true given the angles. This is not one of those cases. Even with Saki, which is almost infamous for this trope, there's usually some wiggle room, no matter how small, and you practically never see enough to absolutely confirm. Here, there is no doubt remaining. Her backside is at least half exposed in almost every scene in her primary dress, more than enough to say that if they exist then they're made of dental floss.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 12:23   Link #50
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Seems low budget but it's actually fun to watch. And Aqua's booty a godsend
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 14:54   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Reminds of Ixion Saga DT, with less sex jokes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 16:33   Link #52
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, same thought here... even if it became a trope in web novels recently it's probably inspired by that, like, the setup is IDENTICAL. Truck, good-for-nothing MC dies, he wasn't even doing a good deed because the person he saved wasn't going to be hit to begin with, gets a second chance at life.

(though as far as looks go, Aqua made me think even more of Elsie from TWGOK)

By the way I'm curious about how people mentioned this as some "new genre"... I think I've seen a ton of very similar stuff through the years, from Ixion Saga DT to No Game No Life. True, each had its own twist in the origin story, but it's basically the usual shtick of some gamer guy getting transported into a fantasy world that resembles a game. In a sense it's an extension of the "trapped in an MMO" genre and all the things it blends into - from the outright execution of SAO to the slight variations of Log Horizon and Overlord.
The genre is called isekai. Ngnl, log horizon, and overlord are also isekai. Sao isn't.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 16:38   Link #53
grecefar

got this chapter above all the other animes this season, really fun chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 16:40   Link #54
Tenzen12

It's not really new genre, actually it's one of oldest but it became so mainstream recently it getting parodied already (Gifting being one of first in that aspect)
Old 2016-01-14, 16:43   Link #55
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I get your point but... did you forget about Grimmgal? It aired yesterday.

Well, I think KonoSuba was announced first at least.
But Grimmgal isn't really Isekai like this one but in my opinion, this series and Re: Zero that is coming out next season is very important to this genre because they started pull in the fans and interest than you will see a lot more them (But because I want to see Roxy, Rudy and Shieldbro in animated form)

But for the first episode, it might lack in animation quality but it is very good to begin with and I like to see how far is this series will go.
Old 2016-01-14, 19:05   Link #56
SinsI

Just watched first episode... WTF was that?
Who is that well-mannered blue-haired lady and what is she doing there instead of our beloved spoiled egoistical brat, Aqua?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 19:13   Link #57
moodie

i actually liked this more then i thought i would

love the classic deen ugly faces that happened a couple times, its wat makes deen, deen.

lets hope it doesnt get higurashi lvl or lets do hope it does lol
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 20:31   Link #58
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Studio Deen, trapped in a fantasy world setting, and what looks to be an uninspired plot going by the synopsis. I came in fully thinking that I'm going to hate this, but... it was surprisingly enjoyable. I mean sure, this is the redheaded stepchild just going by the animation, but it was actually funny.

Lol, what is with this cour. Me actually liking pretty much all the stuff by Deen AND Gonzo?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 21:06   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
i actually liked this more then i thought i would

love the classic deen ugly faces that happened a couple times, its wat makes deen, deen.

lets hope it doesnt get higurashi lvl or lets do hope it does lol
Yeah, I definitely felt that Higurashi (first season) vibes. Might be fine in this kind of show since it is so darn silly in the first place .

In the end regardless of animation I had a good time with this one.
Old 2016-01-14, 22:13   Link #60
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is weird and it seems that the MC pulled a Morisato

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy world, parody