AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-02-06, 12:04   Link #10701
Kazu-kun

And that's why her ability is an asspull.

Not that it matters since incursio is a freaking asspull too.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:07   Link #10702
Homura7

Incursio's main trait is its unparalelled ability to adapt to abosutely everything. And we've known this since the early chapters, there's nothing asspullish about it.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 12:14   Link #10703
Kazu-kun

The problem is that doesn't have any limitations. It can basically do anything the plot requires it to do. There's no point writing a story when you have something like that in it.

Maybe asspull is not the best word to describe it, but it's a huge piece of shit writing.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:18   Link #10704
Homura7

Maybe I would call it that way... if it weren't for the fact the cost in exchange of its unlimited capabilities is starting to look to be the life of the one that wears it on.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:21   Link #10705
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
if it weren't for the fact the cost in exchange of its unlimited capabilities is starting to look to be the life of the one that wears it on.
That kind of thing is almost always just lip service, though. No real consequences. It's like when Wave was told using two Teigu was really dangerous and whatnot, but he did it with minimal consequences.

Honestly, I was fine with Incursio adapting to things like poison and such. But to even go through time stop? Nah, that's bullshit. That's where a good writer would have drawn the line.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-02-07 at 00:11.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 12:42   Link #10706
Homura7

We don't even know if it really is a za warudo or if the elements of the nature are at work when Esdeath performs that technique.

Spoiler for spoiler:

"Frozen space". Certainly, not a way you would name a technique that supposedly stops time. I've got my reasons to doubt it.
Old 2016-02-06, 12:59   Link #10707
Kazu-kun

Post the raw if you want to make an argument based on specific wording. I don't trust translations. Specially Akame ga Kill translations, which are known for being pretty bad.
Old 2016-02-06, 15:30   Link #10708
Superstars
Final Boss

If Esdeath's ability is pulled out of the air it would not have been beaten. And nothing about Incursio resisting physical elements [cold] is nonsense either. Even in the anime, Akame after imaged Esdeaths supposed time stop and killed her. If it truly stopped time these two wouldn't have been able to move or overcome it with physical force.

Last edited by Superstars; 2016-02-06 at 15:40.
Superstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 16:05   Link #10709
Yorae_paladin1

My two cents esdeath mahapadma might be complete stop of all atomic movement aka all atoms simply stop moving a feat possible only in absolute zero temperatures. still if this is the case akame should not have beaten it either way
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 16:54   Link #10710
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
My two cents esdeath mahapadma might be complete stop of all atomic movement aka all atoms simply stop moving a feat possible only in absolute zero temperatures. still if this is the case akame should not have beaten it either way
Akame beat it using her head. The result would have been the same no matter how Esdeath's power works.
Old 2016-02-06, 21:35   Link #10711
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Considering both Tatsumi and Akame are requesting against each other to kill, there are some possibilities later on.

Tatsumi will be killed when he is attempting to return Akame's sense of humanity by fighting her while Akame will fight Tatsumi once he was fully transformed to new Incursio's dragon body.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 00:08   Link #10712
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Please, I ask you to refrain from using Naruto concepts, AGK doesn't deserve it.
If the writing on those powerups is as bad as those sharingan abilities in Naruto then why not? Let me judge it fairly. On the contrary, instantly dismissing Naruto for no strong reason is a show of bias or elitism or both.
Old 2016-02-07, 08:40   Link #10713
Homura7

^ I just think there are better examples to use. Because while is true time stopping ability per se is completely unrelated to harnessing the power over ice, it's still just one technique among many others that are cold-based.
Old 2016-02-07, 14:03   Link #10714
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Considering both Tatsumi and Akame are requesting against each other to kill, there are some possibilities later on.

Tatsumi will be killed when he is attempting to return Akame's sense of humanity by fighting her while Akame will fight Tatsumi once he was fully transformed to new Incursio's dragon body.
I honestly think that either both will be dead or one will kill the other and the survivor will be left without humanity (in Tatsumi's case as a lizard creature).
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 00:19   Link #10715
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
^ I just think there are better examples to use. Because while is true time stopping ability per se is completely unrelated to harnessing the power over ice, it's still just one technique among many others that are cold-based.
If you know a better alternative, just share it instead of just criticizing others' comparison.
Old 2016-02-08, 04:28   Link #10716
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
I honestly think that either both will be dead or one will kill the other and the survivor will be left without humanity (in Tatsumi's case as a lizard creature).
Both Akame and Tatsumi will left their humanity. Akame will discard her humanity to draw Murasame's true power while Tatsumi consumed by Incursio Dragon Body.
Old 2016-02-08, 09:00   Link #10717
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Both Akame and Tatsumi will left their humanity. Akame will discard her humanity to draw Murasame's true power while Tatsumi consumed by Incursio Dragon Body.
and then they kill everyone in that kingdom. So much of liberating a kingdom.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 11:32   Link #10718
Homura7

I'm starting to truly believe the author has laid out some ominous foreshadowing for the chapters coming.
Old 2016-02-09, 12:03   Link #10719
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Thread opened. I've removed several pages of arguments, and I expect that those parties involved will simply move on from that tangent instead of bringing it up again.
Old 2016-02-09, 21:50   Link #10720
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and then they kill everyone in that kingdom. So much of liberating a kingdom.
If they didn't snap themself out from their inhumanity of course. Najenda could make a showdown with Esdese first but since she is a high commander at Revolutionary Army she will refrain from going head on.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!