5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-13, 10:55   Link #41
xeviouses

RIP Aston, you were awesome while you lasted.
Old 2016-11-13, 11:01   Link #42
akumaten

You know...I liked that Radice guy.
I liked him when he was a slobbering mess of shit
I liked him when he got triple-tapped

It would had been nice if Aston survived, married Fuka and became Takaki's brother-in-law.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:07   Link #43
Wandering Soul

RIP Aston. Last week I had pegged Takaki as the one to die, so Aston could have some development, but this worked too.

It makes sense that AKihirio would be the one to finish off Galan. The whole situation reminded him too much of what happened with his brother.

Now I'm curious at to whether this "Agnika Kaieru" was the previous pilot of the Barbatos.
Old 2016-11-13, 11:11   Link #44
NBG

Thumbs up

Poor Akihiro. Again he loses a brother. At least he still has Dante and Derma
You got yours tho. Respect.

Takaki. . . LEARN FROM THIS
You took out radish tho so props for that.

Julietta. . . please dont be ein 2.0 please don't be ein 2.0 please don't be ein 2.0

HUSH
Now you know. . . DON'T GET IN HIS WAY

MIKA
Good job/funny kicking Hush away

Galan
I wish you had stuck around longer. It's evident that your story was over tho. He seemed to welcome death. He had no regrets.
As Rustal said HE DIED HOW HE LIVED
my friend

Macky. . . I see you with those chocolates.
Safe to say McGillis owes Tekkadan for saving his butt. The connection grows thicker.

Great episode. Loved the action scenes. The movements looked amazing as well as most of the animation.

The title for next ep has me curious tho. . .
Who holds that title?
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:29   Link #45
Tormenk

Dayuum I wouldn't have thought the Landman Rodis can move so well given their bulk. Aston-Takaki tag team against McG was beautiful.

Aston's last epiphany was really quite sad, in line with Masahiro's thoughts about how human debris live and die. Takaki probably already resolved himself what he had to do when he ask to take charge in dealing with Radice, he just wanted to give the rat his last chance to explain himself but he was unrepentant. Takaki survived but he can hardly bear to even embrace his sister after surviving the battle. That's quite the heavy burden to live on with.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:34   Link #46
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I thought that was Orga's office, but perhaps Orga and group came to Earth too right after the first ship left? Tekkadan Earth probably has offices too. Whatever it is, it looks like we're in for another time skip in any case.
Nope, that's definitely not Orga's office (it was shown in detail in episodes 1&2, so I went and checked): the Mars HQ has dark green leather furniture with no napkin-like thing (ehh, I can't remember its proper name) on the backrest and a green patterned floor. My guesses include the following: it might be some GH office (unlikely though), or maybe Teiwaz, since Tekkadan will probably have some settling to do with Teiwaz regarding Radice's betrayal and death, or, like you suggested, it could be the Earth branch' office which means Orga felt the need to come to Earth personally for some reason, in which case I'd like to know the reason.

Edit: rewatched the episode paying close attention to backgrounds, and that's the same room of the Earth branch where Takaki shot Radice, I'm sure. Which means Orga comes to the Earth branch in person in the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
The title for next ep has me curious tho. . .
Who holds that title?
I suspect that, like with this episode's title, it might convey double reference: Rustal literally quoted the title ('tomo yo'), making an explicit reference to Mossa as his friend, while Takaki and Aston's case fit the meaning perfectly but implicitly. So maybe the implicit reference for 'kasei no ou' will be applied to Orga (considering that scary and determined fist pumping shown in the preview), but as to the explicit reference, maybe Nobliss Gordon, but I have to admit he sounds pretty far-fetched even to myself, so we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Last edited by tdx; 2016-11-13 at 12:56.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:44   Link #47
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The more I think about it, I think Aston's death is more much appropriate and a better outcome for character development than Takaki dying.

It's like Aston said: he's Human Debris. His character growth as Human Debris turned into a member of Tekkadan and caring for Takaki is the best that we're gonna get out of his role in the series. I would've loved both to have survived, but I don't think I would've enjoyed him surviving over Takaki. Takaki definitely has more to offer for us as having a higher position at the Earth Branch and getting his hands dirty with cold-blood murder.

And in a weird way, I see Aston's death and everyone else's death that happened with this conflict is on Takaki. This is his punishment and most likely what he has to live with for being too trusting and good-hearted. I'm not blaming him for anything and can kind of rationalize why he went along with Galan and Radice, but he has now, in my opinion, crossed the line that puts him in the group of guys that's not afraid to pull the trigger.

And what about the absolutely useless Arbrau guys? They've done nothing but drag Tekkadan down!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:44   Link #48
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
Galan
I wish you had stuck around longer. It's evident that your story was over tho. He seemed to welcome death. He had no regrets.
As Rustal said HE DIED HOW HE LIVED
my friend
No thanks =02. I do not want another Ali Al Saachez; he did his dirt, and got eliminated by a non-MC character that harbored a great(possibly the most) emotional negative sentiment toward him. It was too much to stand him these last couple of weeks, though I could see him(but not want) being a continued MS pilot directly under Rustal in later battles

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:48   Link #49
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

And what about the absolutely useless Arbrau guys? They've done nothing but drag Tekkadan down!
Well, if they were excellent warriors, they wouldn't need bunch of kids to teach them how to fight in first place....
Old 2016-11-13, 12:12   Link #50
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

Hush has to have his butt saved by Mika in the most hilarious way possible. Lol. He basically just kicks him out of the way. But Hush had a bit of a Shinn moment after that, and all I can say is: Watch yourself, Hush. Don't mess up a good thing
Did we watch the same episode ? Hush accepted the fact Mika is just better then him ( shinn would never admit that ) honestly the more episodes we watch the less shinn I see in Hush, his going somewhere pretty good right now.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 12:18   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Mika's got a funny way of handing someone his gun. It's an accident waiting to happen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 12:28   Link #52
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Seeing McGillis in action is always awesome, but I do greatly miss the Grimgerde.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 12:41   Link #53
MayFly
Banned

and another filler episode...
MayFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 12:51   Link #54
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayFly View Post
and another filler episode...
And you still don't understand what that means. Please define an episode that is not a filler (in your opinion).
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 13:13   Link #55
Tenzen12

Don't feed trolls, they have never enough.
Old 2016-11-13, 13:58   Link #56
darkone45

@North bay leave the poor kid alone aston's dead and hush feels bad enough already
Old 2016-11-13, 13:58   Link #57
FerrusManus

Dane seems to be a really wise and smart guy. Looks can be deceiving.
Old 2016-11-13, 14:06   Link #58
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Dane seems to be a really wise and smart guy. Looks can be deceiving.
I have to agree Dane is pretty awesome and his right, a good pilot is someone who accepts his weakness and can only go up from there.
Old 2016-11-13, 14:22   Link #59
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
The more I think about it, I think Aston's death is more much appropriate and a better outcome for character development than Takaki dying.

It's like Aston said: he's Human Debris. His character growth as Human Debris turned into a member of Tekkadan and caring for Takaki is the best that we're gonna get out of his role in the series. I would've loved both to have survived, but I don't think I would've enjoyed him surviving over Takaki. Takaki definitely has more to offer for us as having a higher position at the Earth Branch and getting his hands dirty with cold-blood murder.

And in a weird way, I see Aston's death and everyone else's death that happened with this conflict is on Takaki. This is his punishment and most likely what he has to live with for being too trusting and good-hearted. I'm not blaming him for anything and can kind of rationalize why he went along with Galan and Radice, but he has now, in my opinion, crossed the line that puts him in the group of guys that's not afraid to pull the trigger.

In the end Aston couldnt let go of his past. He couldnt mustered up the courage to just turn the tables on Galan and show how he isnt Human debris anymore and fell back on old habits. He wknew he was better off helping someone else carrying on his dreams then to remind people that Human Debris exists. It cost Biscuit his life and Fumitan's as well.

I hope they push this further and bring in female human debris for added drama.
Old 2016-11-13, 14:52   Link #60
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I hope they push this further and bring in female human debris for added drama.
Atra and Lafter are female human debris.