AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-21, 00:42   Link #1161
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
To be fair, she does ignore him, and not in a tsundere way.
I've already explained why she ignores him. It's very similar to how Mizore avoids Nozomi but not as extreme. Ever since Shuichi asked her out, she became afraid to know the nature of her real feelings for him fearing it would hurt her or hurt him. Kumiko is afraid of hurting those close to her. She's afraid to find out if Shuichi is more than just a childhood friend to her. She's afraid of changing the relationship they already have.

It seems she will finally face Shuichi and confront her feelings. She's taking a step forward just like she did with Asuka.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 00:50   Link #1162
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I've already explained why she ignores him. It's very similar to how Mizore avoids Nozomi but not as extreme. Ever since Shuichi asked her out, she became afraid to know the nature of her real feelings for him fearing it would hurt her or hurt him. Kumiko is afraid of hurting those close to her. She's afraid to find out if Shuichi is more than just a childhood friend to her. She's afraid of changing the relationship they already have.

It seems she will finally face Shuichi and confront her feelings. She's taking a step forward just like she did with Asuka.
And i was trying to say that's probably why the audience thinks she hates him, since she does ignore him, and not in the cliche tsundere way.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 00:52   Link #1163
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^
The only resolution they can give this issue with Kumiko and Shuuichi is to make this conversation count.
I'd even give the show a standing ovation if Shuuichi gives Kumiko a piece of his mind.

Smash that cactus, Shuuichi! Fuck being hurt, because that's what being true is all about.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 01:10   Link #1164
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'd even give the show a standing ovation if Shuuichi gives Kumiko a piece of his mind.
He already gave her a piece of his mind in the haunted house. No?

OT: Anzai Chika (Reina's voice actress) would be voicing Hana-chan from Kuzu no Honkai. I wonder if her performance as Reina got the production team of Kuzu no Honkai have her in that role. Those who have read the manga would know why I am bringing this up.

Last edited by Flower; 2016-12-21 at 02:42. Reason: Please do not do multiple posts...use the edit button instead.
shanimebib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 01:33   Link #1165
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
He already gave her a piece of his mind in the haunted house. No?
Too subtle. Must be as profound as Kumiko's speech towards Asuka.
But I guess it won't happen that way since it might affect her performance.
If anything, I know Shuuichi is considerate at least.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-12-21, 02:38   Link #1166
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Meh. Had an extensive evaluation of a certain topic that I'd written up, but apparently I shouldn't post it for now. I'll keep it, for the record of my opinion at this point in time, and then see what I think about things after tomorrow's episode.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 03:19   Link #1167
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Moving on with more pressing concerns at hand, I really hope they focus on the last contest (as the episode title suggests) and we get to see some new footage, not just the stage or the surrounding but actual playing. One of the reviews in a blog demonstrated the attention to details in the performance shown in episode 5.

I remember one of my friends (who doesn't watch anime btw) praising some clips of K-On for the details they have put on the guitars, bass and drums since he plays in a band too. It's really nice to have friends in music because another friend of mine (who doesn't watch anime either) praised Kumiko's rant over Hatoko's rant.

Excerpting from MAL:

I showed the two clips: Hayami Saori's Hatoko Outburst and Kurosawa Tomoyo's Kumiko Outburst to one of my friends who isn't into anime but is a singer himself, who have actually learned singing through music school from a very young age, for his opinion and he said Tomoyo's was much more impressive even if it was shorter. He explained that Saori's rant was powerful but it had a more relaxed spectrum. Tomoyo's voice literally reverberated with sudden ups and downs from one word to the next which is an extremely difficult thing to pull off.

I know it's a bit late to ask, but did you guys enjoy her performance in episode 10?
Well, Saori Hayami does have a very soft, gentle voice, that's basically her thing.

I've said it before, but Tomoyo Kurosawa's (I can finally remember her name lol) performance as Kumiko is one of the all-time best pieces of voice acting I've heard in anything ever. Of all time.

But Ep10 just blew everything else out of the water, I'm not even going to bother finding words good enough to describe it. But if anyone needs a sudden and in-your-face reminder of that performance, just go start Ep11. It's right there at the very beginning in the recap, and it's really jarring (in a good way) even when you're expecting it.

The voice acting in Hibike! in general is fantastic though, it's just that Tomoyo is so amazing everyone else doesn't get as much attention.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 06:19   Link #1168
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
Well, Saori Hayami does have a very soft, gentle voice, that's basically her thing.

I've said it before, but Tomoyo Kurosawa's (I can finally remember her name lol) performance as Kumiko is one of the all-time best pieces of voice acting I've heard in anything ever. Of all time.

But Ep10 just blew everything else out of the water, I'm not even going to bother finding words good enough to describe it. But if anyone needs a sudden and in-your-face reminder of that performance, just go start Ep11. It's right there at the very beginning in the recap, and it's really jarring (in a good way) even when you're expecting it.

The voice acting in Hibike! in general is fantastic though, it's just that Tomoyo is so amazing everyone else doesn't get as much attention.
Referring to the part of the post that I put in bold. Agreed on that. ",)
The good quality of Kumiko voice acting is one the reasons I followed this show all the way from season 1. There's something about her voice that fits the character nicely.. I just can't describe what it is exactly.

Hmm.. and there's some other things I wish to post on this thread. But for now.. waiting for a reply from a mod to be sure on what things cannot be posted here....
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 09:42   Link #1169
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
Amazingly enough, the only other character I have noticed her playing was Sylphy from Amaburi! And she had little to no dialogues in it! What made her perform such a fantastic voice acting as Kumiko's took me by surprise because her other roles as I have been told are nothing like Kumiko's.

Less than 20 mins to go and I cannot wait for the episode! The only anime since Chihayafuru S2 that I watched raw week in week out!
Old 2016-12-21, 10:19   Link #1170
bastek66

I'm laughing so hard right now I can't breathe.
Spoiler for Ep 12:
Old 2016-12-21, 10:21   Link #1171
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for ep12:

Old 2016-12-21, 10:24   Link #1172
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So season 3 confirmed?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 10:24   Link #1173
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We still have one more episode.

Old 2016-12-21, 10:27   Link #1174
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We still have one more episode.
One episode too early to drink people's tears.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 10:28   Link #1175
AB079
Banned

Ahahahaha yuri fans blown into the oblivion, sasuga Kyoani.

Spoiler for Hairpin:

Is confirmed Suichi and Kumiko are officially a couple, and what's even more glorious is how the cut the performance and showed how Reina confess her love for Taki AGAIN.

On other details Kumiko and her sister finally resolved all their problems and Kumiko's face and reaction was amazing. Overall great episode and even more because the cancerous fanbase finally can shut up.

PS: @Marcus H remember what I told you, now let's see if that is coming.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 10:36   Link #1176
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Now i can't wait to see this episode updated in gogosite
the reaction in that site comment gonna be so awfully hot hahaha
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 10:40   Link #1177
AB079
Banned

@Roxis Based Suichi is causing an avalanche of haters and butthurt people already
Old 2016-12-21, 10:50   Link #1178
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
@Roxis Based Suichi is causing an avalanche of haters and butthurt people already
Did you see Shuuichi's split second gentle smile when Kumiko ran towards Mamiko? That's the kind of guy he is. That's how much he cares for her. And that is why I always rooted for him to be with Kumiko instead of rooting for Kumiko to be with him.

Kyoto Animation has always promoted 'Nice Guys'. While in this world, nice guys are always considered as bystander or left as the odd guy out in romance, Kyoto Animation has always been against it and Hibike! Euphonium adds another one to their list of adorable male characters through Shuuichi.
Old 2016-12-21, 10:57   Link #1179
bastek66

Wow, Kumiko even replaced photos with Reina with hairpin
Old 2016-12-21, 10:59   Link #1180
AB079
Banned

Complete destruction, Kyoani baited a lot and then crushed all their delusions in 1 episode.