AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-02-14, 21:14   Link #5421
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
Eva still loves Negi, and Negi dying won't magically change her feelings.
If we're unbiased, the truth is she loves both.
Old 2017-02-14, 21:27   Link #5422
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yep, Touta himself said that Eva can't decide but if we look at it neutral is because she wants both of them it's kinda sad.

What i want to see now is how Touta will handle Kirie confession.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 23:02   Link #5423
Twi

Cutlass is a nasty one. And, honestly, with the body count this time they'll need a reset.

And ow, the mood whiplash.

Last edited by Twi; 2017-02-14 at 23:18.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 23:16   Link #5424
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
One more reason to dislike the Eva of this timeline, sigh.
Old 2017-02-15, 03:37   Link #5425
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
This is why I read this manga among other reasons

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The thing is.. Eva's death isn't out of the picture either. We don't know who's going to live or die. And considering how Eva's flashbacks in this manga hint towards her seeking redemption, dying is one way for that.
Also, the story is not full of ToutaxEva hints. Full of Touta self proclaiming his love for Eva, and Eva being a miserable sack of uselessness who's not feeling good enough about herself to straight out reject him, but not ToutaxEva as end game. Eva still loves Negi, and Negi dying won't magically change her feelings.
But her feelings did change from Nagi to Negi already so who's to say it won't change again. I'm not saying Eva and Touta will immediately hook up afterwards but a few years would probably heal her broken heart.
Quote:
Loving two different persons is not that uncommon irl tho. In Eva's case it's much more complicated because of her longevity.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2017-02-15 at 09:16.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 08:30   Link #5426
Tenzen12

Statistically, normal people fall in love 2 - 7 tines in their lifetime ie 80 years or so. Eva did 3 times in 700 years. U don't think there is problem with that number in any way.
Old 2017-02-15, 12:12   Link #5427
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Nagi was taken. Eva had no chance of ever being with him, not because he was dead or missing, but because he didn't love her. When the person you love dies, it'll take more than a couple years to mend a broken heart. Now I don't know about Touta, but I certainly wouldn't want to be chosen because my competition died - you'd have to question what you know about this person. The whole "back off, she's mine" attitude of Touta's is somewhat appalling. Even worse is Eva's reluctance to tell it to him straight, which makes her selfish, which makes her detestable.
Old 2017-02-15, 12:39   Link #5428
Kazu-kun

Context matters. When Totta said "back off, she's mine," Negi was controlled and came up to Eva to deceive her and get her to drop her guard, and Tota knew it. So it was more like his protective side coming to the forefront.

On the other hand, when Eva hugged Negi in one of the latest chapters, Tota didn't say anything. So it's not like he thinks he owns her or anything like that.
Old 2017-02-15, 13:06   Link #5429
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Nagi was taken. Eva had no chance of ever being with him, not because he was dead or missing, but because he didn't love her. When the person you love dies, it'll take more than a couple years to mend a broken heart. Now I don't know about Touta, but I certainly wouldn't want to be chosen because my competition died - you'd have to question what you know about this person. The whole "back off, she's mine" attitude of Touta's is somewhat appalling. Even worse is Eva's reluctance to tell it to him straight, which makes her selfish, which makes her detestable.
I feel like your just making excuses on why you think Eva should only end up with Negi :/
Quote:
Context matters. When Totta said "back off, she's mine," Negi was controlled and came up to Eva to deceive her and get her to drop her guard, and Tota knew it. So it was more like his protective side coming to the forefront.

On the other hand, when Eva hugged Negi in one of the latest chapters, Tota didn't say anything. So it's not like he thinks he owns her or anything like that.
This. Touta has proved that he's not possessive. If Negi can make Eva happy then of course he'll step back but at that time when the enemy tried to manipulate Eva to lower her guard by using her feelings for Negi then of course he'll stop it.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2017-02-15, 18:40   Link #5430
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I feel like your just making excuses on why you think Eva should only end up with Negi :/
While I would prefer Eva to end up with Negi over Touta, I don't like her enough at the moment to want her with either. She's stringing Touta along and Touta is too much of an idiot (a lovable kid, but still an idiot) to think straight. Of course I don't think she's doing it for laughs, but she is doing it because she has centuries of self-loathing to get over and what better way to do it than have two men fighting over her :/

I didn't say Touta was possessive, I said his attitude towards Eva is appalling. If Eva can't maintain her own happiness, let alone her safety even by a fraction, then she deserves neither of them. Either she lets Negi go, or tells Touta to let go, but until then, she's being despicable.

So when you say I'm making up excuses for Eva to ONLY end up with Negi, you mean you want her to end up with both? Because I love Negi more than enough for him to pass on, and I approve of Touta enough to think he deserves better.
Old 2017-02-15, 19:53   Link #5431
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
The thing is.. Eva's death isn't out of the picture either. We don't know who's going to live or die. And considering how Eva's flashbacks in this manga hint towards her seeking redemption, dying is one way for that.
Actually, if this is the timeline we think it is, and she is the Eva we think she is, she's the only character in the series whose death is out of the picture.
Old 2017-02-15, 21:02   Link #5432
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Nagi was taken. Eva had no chance of ever being with him, not because he was dead or missing, but because he didn't love her.
To be fair, it'd help if we knew a darn thing about Arika's state past Negi's birth. She was nowhere to be seen, mentioned or even missed in Negima's epilogue, which is... just odd, as if she suddenly stopped mattering at all whatsoever. Then again, she didn't matter at all or was mentioned during like 200 chapters, with it looking like Negi ever having a mother was never an issue for anyone. Arika's handling was... very odd, and for all we know her relationship with Nagi was off-and-on, during that whole time he was just wandering around Earth five years before Negi's birth instead of, you know, being near the woman he already loved.

It gets even weirder when it's revealed Eva knew the rest of Ala Rubra, included Rakan, who couldn't leave Mundus Magicus, so she had to meet him there before being sealed in Mahora. Yet there's never a hint she was even aware of Arika's existence, or Asuna's true nature, since she originally couldn't understand why Asuna had anti magic to counter her.

It... just doesn't add together, it's all very messy.

Quote:
Actually, if this is the timeline we think it is, and she is the Eva we think she is, she's the only character in the series whose death is out of the picture.
She and Asuna, who can't die yet or, well, Mundus Magicus is lost.

The biggest problem with Eva and Touta's relationship is she is his legitimate mother figure. It is... rather crawling all over with unsettling implications.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 21:05   Link #5433
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Wow, I totally missed that! You're completely right >:O
Which means she'll return to her previous persona, thankfully.

As for Negi's mom, possibly we'll learn more about her when (if) we get more information from Asuna.

Last edited by SleepingTerror; 2017-02-15 at 21:06. Reason: details, details
SleepingTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 21:27   Link #5434
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post

The biggest problem with Eva and Touta's relationship is she is his legitimate mother figure. It is... rather crawling all over with unsettling implications.
The correct term would be Guardian. It's similar to Shinji's relationship with Misato from Evangelion. Eva and Touta only lived together for 2 years and Eva doesn't act like a mother figure when she goes around naked around him. She even kisses him on the lips.

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2017-02-16 at 09:52.
Old 2017-02-15, 22:05   Link #5435
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
It gets even weirder when it's revealed Eva knew the rest of Ala Rubra, included Rakan, who couldn't leave Mundus Magicus, so she had to meet him there before being sealed in Mahora. Yet there's never a hint she was even aware of Arika's existence, or Asuna's true nature, since she originally couldn't understand why Asuna had anti magic to counter her.

It... just doesn't add together, it's all very messy.
Rakan and Al should have been fine on Earth as long as Nagi was nearby to supply them with mana through their Pactios. And there's no reason to assume Eva couldn't find a way to travel to and from Mundus Magicus. She was stalking Nagi for years, after all. And Nagi probably confined her to Mahora before Ala Rubra encountered Asuna.
Old 2017-02-16, 09:41   Link #5436
Tenzen12

Quote:
While I would prefer Eva to end up with Negi over Touta, I don't like her enough at the moment to want her with either. She's stringing Touta along and Touta is too much of an idiot (a lovable kid, but still an idiot) to think straight. Of course I don't think she's doing it for laughs, but she is doing it because she has centuries of self-loathing to get over and what better way to do it than have two men fighting over her :/

I didn't say Touta was possessive, I said his attitude towards Eva is appalling. If Eva can't maintain her own happiness, let alone her safety even by a fraction, then she deserves neither of them. Either she lets Negi go, or tells Touta to let go, but until then, she's being despicable.

So when you say I'm making up excuses for Eva to ONLY end up with Negi, you mean you want her to end up with both? Because I love Negi more than enough for him to pass on, and I approve of Touta enough to think he deserves better.
If Eva actually had two men fight over her, t would be much easier for her than current situation. But thing s there is s only one guy fighting for her and that's Touta. Negi is gone and he is not coming back and yet him being hijacked by MotB doesn't even let her have proper closure. That's why she rejected Touta. She didn't let it vague as you make look.
Old 2017-02-16, 12:09   Link #5437
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If Eva actually had two men fight over her, t would be much easier for her than current situation. But thing s there is s only one guy fighting for her and that's Touta. Negi is gone and he is not coming back and yet him being hijacked by MotB doesn't even let her have proper closure. That's why she rejected Touta. She didn't let it vague as you make look.
Really? Because it seemed pretty vague to me - Touta didn't get the message at all.
And yeah, Negi's not actually fighting for Eva. But she's definitely not doing anything to get out of her so-called predicament of being torn between a guy she thinks she can't have over a guy who's clearly willing to die for her.
When you break it down, the only reason Touta has any chance with Eva is because if her plan works, Negi will die, and Touta is the default option.
Old 2017-02-16, 13:19   Link #5438
Tenzen12

Touta isn't idiot, he got message just fine. But he is willing wait for answer. Even if it means he'll have to help his rival in process or wait for centuries. Or both.

And what do you think she should do about her predicament? Kill Negi? Well yeah, she is working on it, so I really don't see where are you coming from.

Lastly Eva likely loves Touta most of Springfields. MotB took appearance of all three, but she let her defenses down only for "Touta", so there is that.
Old 2017-02-16, 15:31   Link #5439
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Lastly Eva likely loves Touta most of Springfields.
I'm going to need a lot of proof for this. Not even a lot, any proof whatsoever. Before she met Negi and Nagi, Eva may have loved Touta the most, but for obvious reasons - she couldn't love someone she's never met. But she's no longer some evildoer with conflicting morals who needed someone to stop her, whether that someone was Nagi for preventing her from doing anymore lasting damage, or Negi who convinced there was more to life than death.

So what I don't understand is you're perfectly fine with an MC who is okay being second choice? Always in the shadow of his grandfather? Okay with being with someone who's in love with someone else? Either he's an idiot for not getting the message, or he's idiot for those reasons.
Old 2017-02-16, 16:07   Link #5440
Tenzen12

As I said Eva had strongest reaction on Touta and that was just few chapters ago. And no I am not fine with MC (or any C) who would be fine with being second choice. Fortunately Touta has good shot becoming first choice and he works for it pretty hard.

Well, if he ultimately decided go for Kirie instead I wouldn't mind, but that's completely different mater

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love