AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2017-03-09, 10:59   Link #841
RDNexus

It may have been a case of convenient retconning.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 11:12   Link #842
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I was under the impression that one's resonance and affinity with Mana do not change after their birth. Their resonance and Mana affinity should stay the same, no matter what they do.

That's what Berseria implied (Eleanor said that in a skit --- about Mana. I made the link between Mana and Resonance).
Yeah, and I'm sure that applied in her situation, but a lot happened since Berseria with the deities that bestowed humankind with resonance in the first place. Becoming the shepherd, or having a pact with the shepherd has an element of divine intervention, especially when you consider things such as who Sorey is, what kind of place Elysia is, and where the purifying flame comes from.

Not that any of these things necessarily matter for the anime. It's a beast of its own at this point.
Old 2017-03-09, 11:15   Link #843
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I was under the impression that one's resonance and affinity with Mana do not change after their birth. Their resonance and Mana affinity should stay the same, no matter what they do.

Spoiler for Berseria spoiler:
Spoiler for Berseria and Zestiria game spoiler:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-03-09 at 11:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 11:40   Link #844
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for ToZ sidequest spoilers. It totally won't be in the Anime:
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 17:30   Link #845
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Berseria and Zestiria have the same rules regarding malevolence, purification and everything, Berseria actually never retconned anything from Zestiria. In fact it just doubled down on the rules set up by Zesitira.

Spoiler for for the game that the anime will probably never cover:
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 10:18   Link #846
akumaten

To be honest, I was surprised that Symonne didn't become a dragon in the game being around all that malevolence.
Insert obligitory Alicia....Kamui...whatever. I'm already in too deep in this series to back out.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 12:00   Link #847
larethian

Hard to buy sudden kamui+fight-in-kamui form, but whatever. At least they look good huh.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 00:50   Link #848
Ultragunner

whatever the hell is going on in the new episode????
Old 2017-03-19, 11:59   Link #849
Jaden

Idk, I feel sorry for any anime-only viewers. This whole ending arc is just one big tease of references but it never makes sense of anything. And well, the game story had its problems, but the way they killed off Dezel and some other things were much more palpable than in this anime...
Old 2017-03-19, 13:27   Link #850
wisteria233

It's weird I was proven right about my problems with the anime, but I'm not exactly happy about it.
Old 2017-03-19, 21:58   Link #851
Ultragunner

it feels even Ufo didn't know what to do for the finale

the anime, while not spectacular, was ok until ep 22 where everything just took a complete downward wreckage
Old 2017-03-19, 22:19   Link #852
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Anime-only viewer here.... I think you guys are expecting the anime to follow the game too much. It's also promoting Berseria so I wasn't expecting it to exactly follow the game. I was also happy to see Velvet in ep. 11.
Old 2017-03-19, 23:15   Link #853
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I'm enjoying it. I'm not please with every changes they made, naturally.

I wanted Sorey to go on an adventure. He barely even got to do that.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 01:59   Link #854
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
it feels even Ufo didn't know what to do for the finale

the anime, while not spectacular, was ok until ep 22 where everything just took a complete downward wreckage
Well that's what happens when a story wastes too much time with side stories and doesn't spend any time setting up the main character and his story. Alisha and Rose may be cute girls but they're both ultimately far removed from Sorey's mission and goals so they don't help at all with setting up for the finale of his journey. Then there's the superficial references to Berseria, which they used but still got wrong.

Considering all of this Ufotable had no choice but to shit the bed with its ending.
Old 2017-03-20, 03:02   Link #855
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Anime-only viewer here.... I think you guys are expecting the anime to follow the game too much. It's also promoting Berseria so I wasn't expecting it to exactly follow the game. I was also happy to see Velvet in ep. 11.
As a game player, I'm quite glad they didn't follow the game. I'm, uh, less glad about what they actually did.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 03:17   Link #856
RDNexus

If anything, they explored a couple things too much, pushed too many references to ToB and left some very relevant things to explore.
It really ended up going the wrong way. But still, it doesn't feel like it's going to a Final Battle, or maybe it's me hoping it doesn't...
Old 2017-03-20, 04:18   Link #857
Tiberium Wolf

I am anime viewer only on Zestiria but I have played Berseria game till before the last boss.

Now at ep 23 we have Sorey party going for the last boss Lord of Calamity. So what do we know of the Lord of Calamity and Symonne ? Almost nothing. The story here is all wrong. You might as well picked 2 other random made up chars and it wouldn't make any difference.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2017-03-20 at 06:20.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 04:26   Link #858
RDNexus

Precisely. No matter how screwed up ToZ could have been in the 2nd part of the game, at least they offered some sort of background for the antagonists' actions.
Well, Symonne was as lost in the game as she seemed to be in the Anime, just in a different way.
And Lunarre...it seems Ufotable exhausted their storytelling resources to make decent use of him. But the way Sorey and Mikleo acted when he was being buried...
Old 2017-03-20, 06:54   Link #859
wisteria233

The sad thing with Hedalf is that Ufotable actually removed most of his involvement with both countries. They messed up from the moment they introduced him and didn't make him the highlight of that episode.

The game has a lot of problems but the ending wasn't one of them.
Old 2017-03-20, 14:11   Link #860
GDB

There were a LOT of abrupt cuts in this episode, both visually and in terms of audio. Wouldn't surprise me if it was originally quite a bit longer and got butchered in editing. And the dialogue makes me think last episode was similar, since apparently Rose was fighting "for hours" longer than Alisha, yet it seemed to us to only be a few more seconds.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote