AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-17, 02:10   Link #21
Idealist 99

Last time I cheek , This anime has over 13 million streaming view !
Is it big deal for anime like this ?
Old 2017-03-22, 10:36   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Lack of comments makes me wonder how many people are still watching. I'd have to say this series IS a bit standard, but that hardly makes it bad. I still find it very entertaining; I stopped watching for a while but when I started up again I wound up marathonning it. CR does that to me I guess. I like the new opening though. I hope the series carries out what the opening promises. Looks like some really big events are coming, events that will lead to huge conflicts. On top of that, there's some suggestion that a crisis will appear that, like with his father King, will take Ace on a dangerous quest, big enough for both his mother and Haru to be terrified that they'll lose him.

On another note, concerning the current ongoing final match between Ace and Lance, I'm again seeing something rather standard and doubt that he'll actually win. Ace's showing a huge and dangerous change in personality, going from the earnest boy who wants to work together with his monsters to a cocky guy who just wants to be stronger than anyone and pushes himself to that end, while smirking condescendingly at his rival every time his power raises (he's actually limited right now apparently, his new soul armor unable to sustain the power he's putting out, and now that it's evolved he's growing stronger again).

My guess is that he'll lay a really severe beat down and put Lance inches from defeat and then Lance will pull some sort of last resort that will 1: KO Ace, 2: KO them both, or 3: almost KO him but carry consequences that wake Ace up and make his victory an extremely hollow one. After that, we'll start to see people finally start moving, with multiple antagonists rising up with their own well-meaning but ruthless plots to change the world, along with the natural antagonist of nature's growing wrath over the increasing imbalance.

While again this is somewhat standard on a lot of counts, it's still a rather good series. Frankly, this is what youth-oriented game anime should be like IMHO. It actually has some really serious moments where there's actual danger; it's got some serious character conflicts; it has major, real threats to combat against, giving the hero a motivation beyond just "I want to be the best"; these threats are large enough and clear enough that it'll be possible to make a concrete conclusion with a concrete victory. Add to this that I find the conflicts and characters to be entertaining, and it's definitely still worth a watch. Won't be playing the game anytime soon though. I get the feeling I'd never put it down.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 22:39   Link #23
chaos_animagic

LOL, someone commented.

This anime is ok, not that great tho, it's why there's very little people discussing about it.

Especially with the main character Ace acting like a doof-bag that's clearly inexperienced and thinks he can do anything for pretty much every single episode...

The only reason he gets stronger is literally because of plot (soul) armor...

In fact, in the latest episode 37, he's only winning because of soul armor... and it also changed his personality to become very cocky. (IE: a villain's personality)

Edit: TLDR'd your post, went back and re-read a few, turns out you also mentioned Ace being cocky... lol
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 01:18   Link #24
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
LOL, someone commented.

This anime is ok, not that great tho, it's why there's very little people discussing about it.

Especially with the main character Ace acting like a doof-bag that's clearly inexperienced and thinks he can do anything for pretty much every single episode...

In fact, in the latest episode 37, he's only winning because of soul armor... and it also changed his personality to become very cocky. (IE: a villain's personality)

Edit: TLDR'd your post, went back and re-read a few, turns out you also mentioned Ace being cocky... lol
I'm still watching it too. But like Chaos_animagic says, the reason that not many people are talking about is that it's an OK series.

But, I admit that it's much better now that the real story is starting soon, rather than how it was at the beginning.

Well Ace adapting to his new soul armour will be an interesting story arc.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 11:13   Link #25
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
LOL, someone commented.

I agree that it's so far good but not great. I just think it's got what it takes to be a good combat-type series for younger audiences and escape some of the weaknesses of Pokémon. And as I said I liked the new opening because it along with the events of the last couple episodes suggests that things are finally starting to move. They took their time and milked this series with an admittedly long start, with minor clues being added bit by bit while the characters grow, but now it looks like that's almost over. Some of the major side characters are starting to turn down dark paths, major enemies are starting to show their true intentions. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the near future things take a big turn, with the growing damage to the environment bringing forth some manner of major threat, the SDF starting plots that threaten everyone, Jest (head of the Guild) becoming deadly ruthless in his attempt to realize absolute power, and Ace and his friends struggling to figure out what to do with three huge and growing threats.

And yes, I did see and note the cocky, dangerous behavior Ace's showing. It's for that reason that I suspect this match is going to go bad in some way, either with him getting suddenly crushed, or with him discovering just what happened to him and breaking down over it.

But just for clarification, he is NOT now winning because of his armor. The concept was that instead he was growing weaker and weaker because his armor couldn't handle his power and was breaking down. Rather than the armor creating his strength, the armor evolved to be able to handle his strength.
Old 2017-03-23, 13:19   Link #26
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
<snip>
And yes, I did see and note the cocky, dangerous behavior Ace's showing. It's for that reason that I suspect this match is going to go bad in some way, either with him getting suddenly crushed, or with him discovering just what happened to him and breaking down over it.
Or...he could win. Ace gets more power. Lance gets taken down a notch which is what Jest wants so that Lance gets motivated to get stronger. We get to see what's in the egg. The Dragonoid supremacists get what's coming to them. The human faction gets motivated to attack that island. In other words, the overall plot moves forward.

I don't think he's getting too cocky. They are in a battle match and that adrenaline is flowing. If you want to win, you push yourself until you soar or fall off the cliff.
Old 2017-03-23, 15:16   Link #27
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or...he could win. Ace gets more power. Lance gets taken down a notch which is what Jest wants so that Lance gets motivated to get stronger. We get to see what's in the egg. The Dragonoid supremacists get what's coming to them. The human faction gets motivated to attack that island. In other words, the overall plot moves forward.

I don't think he's getting too cocky. They are in a battle match and that adrenaline is flowing. If you want to win, you push yourself until you soar or fall off the cliff.
The problem is the superior, arrogant look on his face and the way that his attitude is changing. He's looking down on his opponent instead of just facing him head-on, and that's not the behavior of a hero.

Also, my second suggestion of him realizing what he's doing and breaking down was meant to mean a hollow victory, not a loss. I figure either he'll lose a crushing defeat that'll knock some sense into him or he'll win but this victory or some event(s) after will result in him realizing what he's been doing and feel some serious self-loathing for it. This's really a rather standard step in the hero's journey, a time of extreme weakness that forces him to look into himself and see parts he doesn't want to acknowledge, which allows him to grow as a person afterward. This comes in many forms but there've been multiple cases of this happening in the form of the hero making a mistake or being overwhelmed by some power, his own or otherwise, that results in him doing something he'll always regret.
Old 2017-03-23, 20:31   Link #28
orion

Quote:
The problem is the superior, arrogant look on his face and the way that his attitude is changing. He's looking down on his opponent instead of just facing him head-on, and that's not the behavior of a hero.

Also, my second suggestion of him realizing what he's doing and breaking down was meant to mean a hollow victory, not a loss. I figure either he'll lose a crushing defeat that'll knock some sense into him or he'll win but this victory or some event(s) after will result in him realizing what he's been doing and feel some serious self-loathing for it. This's really a rather standard step in the hero's journey, a time of extreme weakness that forces him to look into himself and see parts he doesn't want to acknowledge, which allows him to grow as a person afterward. This comes in many forms but there've been multiple cases of this happening in the form of the hero making a mistake or being overwhelmed by some power, his own or otherwise, that results in him doing something he'll always regret.
And Lance isn't? All those other competitors just didn't make him break a sweat.

Ace could have a clean win which is what happens in a lot of tournaments. No need to be complicated or emo about it. Ace gets the win, friends congratulate him, he walks off smiling. Lance gets lectured, blames Ace, and comes back as an opponent that only Ace can beat. Besides, where the tournament's losers were taken (the dark side) needs to be shown.

Plus, with that evolution, you got to wonder what effects it will have on his body and...he still needs to find out about his father. With all that, adding more complicated stuff may not be in the show's best interest imo.
Old 2017-03-24, 09:16   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
And Lance isn't? All those other competitors just didn't make him break a sweat.

Ace could have a clean win which is what happens in a lot of tournaments. No need to be complicated or emo about it. Ace gets the win, friends congratulate him, he walks off smiling. Lance gets lectured, blames Ace, and comes back as an opponent that only Ace can beat. Besides, where the tournament's losers were taken (the dark side) needs to be shown.

Plus, with that evolution, you got to wonder what effects it will have on his body and...he still needs to find out about his father. With all that, adding more complicated stuff may not be in the show's best interest imo.
Lance is an antagonistic rival character. Ace is the pure-hearted, earnest hero character who has up to this point NEVER shown ANY of this sort of arrogance. It's serious OOC and in a negative way. This suggests that something's happened to him that's bringing out a darkness that he either didn't have before or didn't know he could have.

And that's why a clean win doesn't seem likely. He's not in complete control right now, either drunk on power or somehow manipulated by it would be my guess. A win in this state wouldn't and shouldn't be a celebrated victory. If he does have a clean win, it'll be after he realizes something's up, struggles against the intoxicating power and then gets control back.
Old 2017-03-24, 11:13   Link #30
Idealist 99

Quote:
Lance is an antagonistic rival character. Ace is the pure-hearted, earnest hero character who has up to this point NEVER shown ANY of this sort of arrogance. It's serious OOC and in a negative way. This suggests that something's happened to him that's bringing out a darkness that he either didn't have before or didn't know he could have.

And that's why a clean win doesn't seem likely. He's not in complete control right now, either drunk on power or somehow manipulated by it would be my guess. A win in this state wouldn't and shouldn't be a celebrated victory. If he does have a clean win, it'll be after he realizes something's up, struggles against the intoxicating power and then gets control back.
Honestly , I prefer a drew.
Possibly because Lance already won the previous Battle Cup so he winning the current one specially after Ace's power up would really leave a bad testes.
If Puzzle & Dragon Learn anything from Pokemon XYZ then they should go for a drew.
Or Lance loses and it cause to join the dark side for more power like Ace.
Mainly because I do not want Lance to be another Alain , In fact I do not want to see another Alain in any Anime.
Old 2017-03-24, 21:42   Link #31
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Honestly , I prefer a drew.
Possibly because Lance already won the previous Battle Cup so he winning the current one specially after Ace's power up would really leave a bad testes.
If Puzzle & Dragon Learn anything from Pokemon XYZ then they should go for a drew.
Or Lance loses and it cause to join the dark side for more power like Ace.
Mainly because I do not want Lance to be another Alain , In fact I do not want to see another Alain in any Anime.
A draw is also a good thing. Ace gets patted on back for power-up. Lance doesn't lose too much face by having a draw with a C-ranked opponent.

Now that I peeked at Pokemon XYZ, this is starting to look similar....

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2017-03-27, 23:18   Link #32
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
A draw is also a good thing. Ace gets patted on back for power-up. Lance doesn't lose too much face by having a draw with a C-ranked opponent.

Draw is one of the things I predicted and I agree it wouldn't be bad. Something where Ace gets KO'd and gets knocked down a little bit and remembers his humility, but he manages to KO Lance as he falls.

EDIT: I feel dumb. I thought PAD came out earlier and CR showed a full 7 days so I thought the show was delayed...

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2017-03-28 at 07:54.
Old 2017-03-28, 00:39   Link #33
Idealist 99

Quote:

Its one of the prime reason I don't want Lance to win.
Puzzle and Dragon already known as Pokemon 2.0 and the current arc feel awfully similar to Team Flare arc where Lance is being manipulated by an influential man with evil intention and a crisis will take place after Battle Cup.
The show has a chance to do something completely different then Pokemon and it shouldn't blow it to copy Pokemon completely.
Specially if they doesn't want to be known as Pokemon 2.0 for rest of their life! Not to mention , They should aware of the angry outburst Kalos league had.

In fact , We should drop it if Lance wins ! We already have enough problem with Pokemon so we do not need another one that follows the same pattern.
Old 2017-03-28, 08:33   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Its one of the prime reason I don't want Lance to win.
Puzzle and Dragon already known as Pokemon 2.0 and the current arc feel awfully similar to Team Flare arc where Lance is being manipulated by an influential man with evil intention and a crisis will take place after Battle Cup.
The show has a chance to do something completely different then Pokemon and it shouldn't blow it to copy Pokemon completely.
Specially if they doesn't want to be known as Pokemon 2.0 for rest of their life! Not to mention , They should aware of the angry outburst Kalos league had.

In fact , We should drop it if Lance wins ! We already have enough problem with Pokemon so we do not need another one that follows the same pattern.
You make it sound like Pokémon is the only one to have had this setting. It's far from uncommon to have a proud rival manipulated by evil forces, and it's far from uncommon for a hero to "lose control" of his power in this way. Anyway, it's going beyond any Pokémon arcs I've seen.

And it's following my general prediction while exceeding it. I figured something would happen to make Ace look back at this battle with not an ounce of pride. I thought maybe they'd have him get defeated in a sudden blow and realize that he doesn't have real control over his power and learn to overcome whatever was making him go weird. Or a draw for the same effects. But whether he wins or loses, I imagine one look at the arena will have the right effect on him. He went absolutely berserk out there to the point where it was really a matter of luck that he didn't injure someone important to him before the ancients started calling for protectors. Once he realizes this he won't be able to look at what he'd done with any real pride or sense of accomplishment.

On a different note, while I like Haru, she's kind of annoying me right now. She seriously needs to get off the fence. Whenever Lance hurts Ace she screams and covers her face. Whenever Ace hits Lance she starts griping "How dare you hurt Lance-sama!?". Seriously, I'd say the difference in reaction and the fact that she really doesn't know the first thing about Lance would make it pretty certain where her heart will eventually lie, but seeing her act like this is just pathetic. Here's hoping that the next arc will have her see beyond "cool" and actually look to what's important to her. The opening suggests that while she'll be a sideline character her feelings for Ace will still play a big role, so I really want to see her develop a little.

Lastly, can't say I'm a fan of the new closing. Seriously, the "dance" they do is just pathetic and makes Lance and Ace look downright lame.
Old 2017-04-04, 00:54   Link #35
Idealist 99

From The preview , It seem like Ace lose control and nearly destroyed everything until Grandma step up and stop him.

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2017-04-04 at 01:08.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-04, 22:03   Link #36
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well this week the show really didn't air. Anyone know whether it was set to a different day or given a week off or something?
Old 2017-04-05, 01:08   Link #37
Idealist 99

Quote:
You make it sound like Pokémon is the only one to have had this setting. It's far from uncommon to have a proud rival manipulated by evil forces, and it's far from uncommon for a hero to "lose control" of his power in this way. Anyway, it's going beyond any Pokémon arcs I've seen.

However , Those rivals has to suffer the consequance for their action.
Unlike Pigs like Alain who didn't had to suffer any consequence despite dooming Kalos and hurting everyone close to him . All he had to do is cry for 5 second.
Instate , Ash had suffer consequence for every single mistake of Alain .
He was kidnapped , Tortured and had to release his Greninja so he could fix Alain mistake (Since he was the one that got Zygarde for Team Flare that correpted the root )
Even after that , Ash can not get one victory against Alain all because he is Director's favorite.

Quote:
On a different note, while I like Haru, she's kind of annoying me right now. She seriously needs to get off the fence. Whenever Lance hurts Ace she screams and covers her face. Whenever Ace hits Lance she starts griping "How dare you hurt Lance-sama!?". Seriously, I'd say the difference in reaction and the fact that she really doesn't know the first thing about Lance would make it pretty certain where her heart will eventually lie, but seeing her act like this is just pathetic. Here's hoping that the next arc will have her see beyond "cool" and actually look to what's important to her. The opening suggests that while she'll be a sideline character her feelings for Ace will still play a big role, so I really want to see her develop a little.

Lastly, can't say I'm a fan of the new closing. Seriously, the "dance" they do is just pathetic and makes Lance and Ace look downright lame.
Honestly , I prefer Sonia !
She is by far one of cutest female character of the show! Her only flaw is the weird punk-looking Ponytail.
Off course , There is another girl far better then Haru But she can't appear because the anime choose Ace as the protagonist.
She is the female player of Puzzle and Dragon Cross game.
Spoiler for spoiler:

See , The girl with Pink hair Twintail.
The moment I saw the trailer , I immediately wanted to know her name and regretted not seeing her in the anime.

Quote:
Well this week the show really didn't air. Anyone know whether it was set to a different day or given a week off or something?
If I know correctly , Puzzle and Dragon Cross had a license problem.
The episode already aired in Japan.
Old 2017-04-05, 09:44   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
However , Those rivals has to suffer the consequance for their action.
Unlike Pigs like Alain who didn't had to suffer any consequence despite dooming Kalos and hurting everyone close to him . All he had to do is cry for 5 second.
Instate , Ash had suffer consequence for every single mistake of Alain .
He was kidnapped , Tortured and had to release his Greninja so he could fix Alain mistake (Since he was the one that got Zygarde for Team Flare that correpted the root )
Even after that , Ash can not get one victory against Alain all because he is Director's favorite.

Honestly , I prefer Sonia !
She is by far one of cutest female character of the show! Her only flaw is the weird punk-looking Ponytail.
Off course , There is another girl far better then Haru But she can't appear because the anime choose Ace as the protagonist.
She is the female player of Puzzle and Dragon Cross game.
Spoiler for spoiler:

See , The girl with Pink hair Twintail.
The moment I saw the trailer , I immediately wanted to know her name and regretted not seeing her in the anime.

If I know correctly , Puzzle and Dragon Cross had a license problem.
The episode already aired in Japan.
I actually didn't see Haru at all in that trailer. Is she an anime-only?

Anyway, I've looked around and I can't see episode 39 anywhere. Episode 38 was last week, but nothing this week. If it has indeed come out, someone please give a rundown.
Old 2017-04-07, 01:34   Link #39
LostSome

Quote:
I actually didn't see Haru at all in that trailer. Is she an anime-only?
I got the game(Dragon) and still playing. We got Dusking Dragon Caller, Sonia Gran Reverse only two weeks ago so...

I didn't get very far with the anime, but...
If you're talking about the normal girl crushing on Lance, yeah, she's only in the anime.
I don't think she would like game Lance much.
Army with the bold guy, the guy with the fishing pole... Not in th game either.
Actually, I don't remember any bad humans at all...
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 06:45   Link #40
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I got the game(Dragon) and still playing. We got Dusking Dragon Caller, Sonia Gran Reverse only two weeks ago so...

I didn't get very far with the anime, but...
If you're talking about the normal girl crushing on Lance, yeah, she's only in the anime.
I don't think she would like game Lance much.
Army with the bold guy, the guy with the fishing pole... Not in th game either.
Actually, I don't remember any bad humans at all...
Haru's a little more complex than that. It's not so much a childhood friend with a crush on Lance. More like a semi-romantic childhood friend who's a hardcore Bieber fanatic. A lot of scenes with her suggest a slight, slow-growing interest in Ace. The dynamic's pretty well shown in the most recent episodes, where Ace is fighting Lance in the tournament finale. She's already acknowledged how cool he is and squeals at the start that she doesn't know which to cheer for. Anytime Ace lands a really good hit, she cheers about how awesome he is and then pouts that he shouldn't do such things to "Lance-sama". Whenever Lance lands a good hit and hurts Ace, she screams and covers her face.