AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-07-30, 14:40   Link #1741
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What about the Shiva-Indra war? You think they'll do that in the tournament? I'm not sure if Ise and Rias can team up together against Indra on Shiva's side if it's in the tournament. Shiva did say that Rias and her peerage can also help when Ise takes his side in the war against Indra. Though he also said that whenever a war breaks out within the Hindu faction, Ise and his allies would be on his (Shiva's) side.

But yeah, the format of the Ise vs. Dulio match is good. It makes sense if it's like that. We do know, too, that Ise would've won the match if the timer hadn't run out.
Old 2017-07-30, 14:47   Link #1742
Lucidrago

Again kind of jumping the gun so early in the arc when we have no idea of the entire situation. Do we even know Shiva's intentions? That's like thinking that Vali was evil in Volume 4. We need further clarification on this. If it was so clear which side they would be on, Ishibumi would have made it very clear by now. Don't tell me you guys actually trust Shiva?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 15:08   Link #1743
shadowarc

Well, for now, he seems to be less suspicious and uneasy than Indra. He may be the God of Destruction but not all stories label them as evil. Besides, I'd think that Ise would likely get along better with Shiva than Indra but we don't know too much about them so we can't say for sure. From his on and off screen discussions with Azazel, Ajuka, Brahma and Vishnu he's probably not too unreasonable.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 15:43   Link #1744
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. I think Shiva is better than Indra at least. If Ise's really going to side with someone in the wars that break out in the Hindu Faction, I feel it should be Shiva (unless he decides to remain neutral). And besides, like Shadowarc said, even as the God of Destruction, the Hindu myths don't exactly make Shiva out to be completely evil. And Shiva has two different personas. The current one, with his third eye closed, is still "safe". This is his more peaceful side. He'll be much more dangerous when he's angered enough for his third eye to open.

And Lucidrago, what you said earlier was that the tournament won't be interrupted. I was mainly replying to that by bringing this up. Whether or not Shiva can be trusted comes after. The first thing to worry about is whether or not the Shiva-Indra war can take place during the tournament. If it can't, then the tournament will be interrupted. Probably by Indra, when he moves to attack Shiva. He does seem more belligerent; Shiva's just thinking about defending himself from Indra's attacks.
Old 2017-07-30, 16:09   Link #1745
Lucidrago

And yet where was Shiva when it came time for an alliance? Nowhere to be found. Indra agreed to an alliance with the Three Factions. And I can definitely say he cares about the world since he's willing to protect it against Trihexa. I'm not saying Shiva is evil. But if Indra is as bad as you say, then why does it seem that no one is worried about him? If Indra wanted to attack Shiva he would have done it by now. What do you think these preparations are he's planning? Indra isn't stupid. What do we know about Shiva to say that Issei would get along with him better? He could get along with Indra as well.

Again I think he's making preparations for their war. I feel that he isn't going to put the world in danger. Again he could probably use Georg's Dimension Lost to have a dimension powerful enough for them to fight without causing damage to the world or just use an Isolation Barrier Field. Remember that somehow he extracted Cao Cao's, Georg's, and Leonardo's Sacred Gears without killing them. And then he put them back in. He has a plan. He's an arrogant god. But he's not a stupid god. And plus Indra wants to use that wish to have a war with Shiva. Gods like Indra are very honest about their desires and wanting a war with another powerful being isn't really wrong. Vali wants to take on all the powerful beings in the world but would anyone exactly call him evil?

I'm not saying Shiva is evil. But we shouldn't just trust him because he seems calm when he first made an appearance. We have no idea of his true intentions or what he plans to do. He's belligerent for now but how long will that last?

But this tournament is too good and there's just way too much hype to interrupt it now. Again this isn't a Chuunin Exams tournament in Naruto.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 17:00   Link #1746
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Shiva's role is the God of Destruction in the Trimurti but in the stories he saved the world more then once.The reason he's called Neelkanth is because he drank the poison that the Gods and Demons by accident stirred up from the ocean of the world. He's going to protect the world until the time is right for rebirth then he's going to destroy all of it. So he's not going to let anybody do his job of destroying the world no matter how powerful they are.
Old 2017-07-30, 17:28   Link #1747
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

リゼヴィムの研究所

コキュートスの、氷でできた渓谷の奥地に存在し、コキュートスに不釣り合いな、異形、異能を調査する研究所 。 リゼヴィムの隠れ家のひとつである。各フロアを繋ぐ扉にはパスワードがかけられていて、10は軽く超えるほ どの扉を潜り抜けた先、厳重に厳重を重ねて、広大なフロア全域を埋め尽くさんばかりの培養層がそこにある。 その中にリリスの肉体が保管されている。
@Gary29 Translation please
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 19:40   Link #1748
Tbolt

Its talking about where Lilith is being kept.
Old 2017-07-30, 20:17   Link #1749
Jedsada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
リゼヴィムの研究所

コキュートスの、氷でできた渓谷の奥地に存在し、コキュートスに不釣り合いな、異形、異能を調査する研究所 。 リゼヴィムの隠れ家のひとつである。各フロアを繋ぐ扉にはパスワードがかけられていて、10は軽く超えるほ どの扉を潜り抜けた先、厳重に厳重を重ねて、広大なフロア全域を埋め尽くさんばかりの培養層がそこにある。 その中にリリスの肉体が保管されている。
@Gary29 Translation please
I throw them into a google translate. here is the result.

Spoiler for google translation:
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 02:08   Link #1750
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yes I googled translated it but it's not worded properly.
Old 2017-07-31, 02:17   Link #1751
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And yet where was Shiva when it came time for an alliance? Nowhere to be found. Indra agreed to an alliance with the Three Factions. And I can definitely say he cares about the world since he's willing to protect it against Trihexa. I'm not saying Shiva is evil. But if Indra is as bad as you say, then why does it seem that no one is worried about him? If Indra wanted to attack Shiva he would have done it by now. What do you think these preparations are he's planning? Indra isn't stupid. What do we know about Shiva to say that Issei would get along with him better? He could get along with Indra as well.
Shiva's role is destruction and rebirth. Not preservation, that would be Vishnu, so if you're complaining about why he didn't take part in the Alliance talks, he was not the one who would be responsible to that. Besides, the Trimurti, unlike the Vedic gods (of which Indra is king) or pre-Vedic gods (of which Varuna is the supreme being), does not have one sole leader, but rather delegated roles. Brahma is the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer and reincarnator. If anything, Shiva would be chaotic lawful, so while he does still cause destruction, it is by the natural law/flow of the universe. Like sparda4 mentioned, he does a lot of good deeds in the myths, with the one where he consumed the the poison exhaled from Vasuki being the reason why his skin is portrayed as dark blue there after(at least in some myths).

Quote:
Again I think he's making preparations for their war. I feel that he isn't going to put the world in danger. Again he could probably use Georg's Dimension Lost to have a dimension powerful enough for them to fight without causing damage to the world or just use an Isolation Barrier Field. Remember that somehow he extracted Cao Cao's, Georg's, and Leonardo's Sacred Gears without killing them. And then he put them back in. He has a plan. He's an arrogant god. But he's not a stupid god. And plus Indra wants to use that wish to have a war with Shiva. Gods like Indra are very honest about their desires and wanting a war with another powerful being isn't really wrong. Vali wants to take on all the powerful beings in the world but would anyone exactly call him evil?
While I wouldn't call Indra evil in DxD, I would, at the very least, call him to be very dodge. Remember, he was sheltering and hiding Cao Cao and co for year. You know, the same Cao Cao that was a big terrorist and caused, arguably, one of the greatest disasters in the underworld, until Rizevim's antics, along with the consequences of said antics, occurred. Oh, he then proceeded to send said Cao Cao and co. to the underworld after they lost with nothing more than a "Git gud sonny". I say those actions make him appear rather dodge. Also, from Shiva's words in volume 20, Indra is trying to recreate the Rigveda. which may or may not seem a bit tyrannical, since that would mean uniting humanity, forcefully or not, to sing his praises.

Quote:
I'm not saying Shiva is evil. But we shouldn't just trust him because he seems calm when he first made an appearance. We have no idea of his true intentions or what he plans to do. He's belligerent for now but how long will that last?
I can agree with this, due to the foreshadowing given by Ajuka at the end of volume 20. In DxD, he feels more like a wild gun than how he is portrayed in the myths.

Honestly, considering the actions of both sides, I say Issei should join neither. That would also play towards Ishibumi's plan of having a "vs. God of Destruction" fight that he mentioned in an earlier afterword. It would also cement Issei's, and possibly Vali's(depending on what he does in the above situation), position among the top 10, and one of the strongest beings overall.
Old 2017-07-31, 03:37   Link #1752
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Shiva is a chaotic neutral if you think about it. He has his role and that's that. Then only reason Shiva is getting an army in the first place is because he knows that he can mop the floor with Indra and his army but for that to happen he needs to have his third eye open. And an angry Shiva is not a nice Shiva that WOULD cause the end of the world and right now Vishnu isn't around to calm Shiva down the only one that could fill that role is Issei but only if he has full powered version of DxD G with almost no time limit.
You think the God of Destruction is going to go down easy ? Um no,that guy is FEARED for a reason. He's not evil but if you piss him off enough he will wreck your shit along with the world.
Old 2017-07-31, 04:41   Link #1753
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

@Bennia GT explained it well-enough.

Spoiler for Some attempted clean-up:
Old 2017-07-31, 04:49   Link #1754
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Ah so Lilith then is not being held captive by Hades in the Realm of the Dead
Old 2017-07-31, 04:57   Link #1755
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Lilith is barely even existing, it's not like she has a choice you know.
Old 2017-07-31, 05:01   Link #1756
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well I was just saying as a few months back you had said she was being held in the Realm of the Dead, but we found out from the Japanese DxD wiki that it's the inner part of Cocytus. I would say Lilith still has her body,
Old 2017-07-31, 08:01   Link #1757
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Rizevim was keeping her there, though. Hades found her and probably wants to try to save her, if possible, but the one keeping her was her own son (in other words, Rizevim).

Anyway, I agree with Omega and Sparda4 about Shiva and Indra. And yeah, it does seem like Indra wants to use his wish to have a war against Shiva. But for that to happen, he'll have to win, and that would be bad for Ise unless he finds some way to help Tiamat find her treasure such that he doesn't need to win the tournament.
Old 2017-07-31, 08:11   Link #1758
bluestahli1

Didn't the old man steal something from heaven? what did he do with it? I completely forgot
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 11:17   Link #1759
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It was when he attacked Heaven and was shown tanking Michael's Light Arrow, right? Yeah, I don't remember either.
Old 2017-07-31, 11:28   Link #1760
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Didn't the old man steal something from heaven? what did he do with it? I completely forgot
As i recall, Rizevim took the fruit of knowledge from Heaven in order to reveal the location where trihexa was sealed
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote