Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 01:07   Link #2481
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It does, when the story decided that trying to prevent murder is pointless and that it is better to reward murderers.

By saying it doesn't matter what Altair did, you unequivocally admit that murder is fine.
The anime never said that murder was pointless or that what Altair did doesn't matter.

What it said was that saving the world was more important than punishing her. They literally tried every option they could before they went to the last one of appeasement.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 01:09   Link #2482
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The character design of the Creations and the opening theme songs were on point, though. Both gravityWall and sh0ut can stand as contenders for the season's best OP theme song alongside Princess Principal's "The Other Side of the Wall".

Sadly, the story was just a twisted mix between the Holy Grail War in the Fate/ series and the final portion of the Sternritter Arc in Bleach.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 01:32   Link #2483
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post

Well, at least it felt good to tell Hiroe that he sucks, even though I was blocked by him later. Pretty sure there was another Japanese twitter that was blocked by Hiroe when I went through #レクリエイターズ tag last week.
Jesus, this thread.....You all spilling so much virtual ink here were seriously expecting a brilliant ending that much? To the point you had to go and insult a writer personally?
Old 2017-09-12, 01:34   Link #2484
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
By having you saying a creator's death is only important if it was suicide. That suicide was what little story this anime decided to end on, and not on the murders.
You're degrading yourself from presenting hilarious arguments to putting words in my mouth. Where in my posts did I ever say that "a creator's death is only important if it was suicide" huh? Where?

I'm asking you about the origin of your impression that the show somehow put suicide as more important than murder. Not from my post or anyone else but directly from the show itself. Such a simple question yet you can't answer it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
If I didn't know better, I'd wonder if this whole odd train of thought ('They spent more time dealing with someone's suicide than someone's murder! That means it's encouraging people to murder content creators!') isn't actually about being upset that the show is tackling suicide as subject matter at all.

Because we're pretty desensitised to murder in fiction by now, murder is the bread and butter of fiction, but suicide is a waaaaaay more uncomfortable topic for watchers to have to confront, especially when the show in question puts it in no uncertain terms that suicide doesn't happen in isolation, and that the actions of others can influence it.

Which isn't a bad thing, I think -- television needs to tackle those more uncomfortable subjects.
Yeah, tell me about it. They really have a weird concept of what the show is trying to present.
Old 2017-09-12, 01:35   Link #2485
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Jesus, this thread.....You all spilling so much virtual ink here were seriously expecting a brilliant ending that much? To the point you had to go and insult a writer personally?
Oh, we're sorry. Did they foreshadow a not brilliant ending? If all he received are nice comments, then he'll never stop writing shit like this.
Old 2017-09-12, 01:44   Link #2486
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't think he'd learn, considering his history of works.
Maybe he's already found his niche.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 01:46   Link #2487
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Oh, we're sorry. Did they foreshadow a not brilliant ending? If all he received are nice comments, then he'll never stop writing shit like this.
Yes, I'm sure some dude he's never heard of telling him he sucks in a 140 characters or less was such a brilliant criticism of his writing technique that he immediately began to don sackcloth for his ineptitude.

Old 2017-09-12, 01:52   Link #2488
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Yes, I'm sure some dude he's never heard of telling him he sucks in a 140 characters or less was a such a brilliant criticism of his writing technique that he immediately began to don sackcloth for his ineptitude.
He literally created an anime where the main character was powered by the will of the fandom, that defeated the intent of the creator. I have no idea why you try to so hard to destroy the very foundation Re:Creators was built on. If fandom complaints don't matter then the entire anime should never have been written.
Old 2017-09-12, 01:53   Link #2489
justpassingby

People praising him in 140 words sure would make him conceited, lol.
You can also use more than one post to say whatever was wrong with RC, you know. And if he brave enough to look at the sales statistic or 2ch threads which are full with anonymous that he's never heard of, he'll learn something.
Old 2017-09-12, 01:57   Link #2490
Key Board
Carbon

my problem is that this show loves Altair more than the actual audience of this show does

Look at Newtype's August ranking
both Selesia and Meteora are above Altair

So by this show's own logic

ALTAIR DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH AUDIENCE APPROVAL FOR THIS KIND OF THING TO HAPPEN
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 01:59   Link #2491
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
People praising him in 140 words sure would make him conceited, lol.
You can also use more than one post to say whatever was wrong with RC, you know. And if he brave enough to look at the sales statistic or 2ch threads which is full with anonymous that he's never heard of, he'll learn something.
I still think the greatest backlash is caused by the story having the audacity to create an artificial fandom, disconnected from the real audience. Basically having the show praising itself for how good it is, and how many fake people loved it, all happening off screen where the real audience never saw it. People hate to be misrepresented, it is understandable that it offends.
Old 2017-09-12, 02:01   Link #2492
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
my problem is that this show loves Altair more than the actual audience of this show does

Calm down That was just Aniplex's promotion. If Aniplex even know Altair, she'll be up in the next month poll. And in the next one, and in the next one.
Old 2017-09-12, 02:02   Link #2493
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

Alastair is basically a meme.

The same people that like spreading Chuck Norris memes, almost none of them would say that Chuck Norris is their favorite actor. Not all fandom acceptance is equal.

Old 2017-09-12, 02:06   Link #2494
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Alastair is basically a meme.

The same people that like spreading Chuck Norris memes, almost none of them would say that Chuck Norris is their favorite actor. Not all fandom acceptance is equal.
In-universe or out?
Because the real world is where the complaint lies.
Old 2017-09-12, 02:07   Link #2495
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
They did. They definitely did. It's obvious this was the end they were aiming for ever since the second half began

And come on....you know the point I'm trying to make. Insulting him isn't criticism at all. If you really want to get your point across, at least put up a proper argument to him otherwise you are no different from another net troll nobody will bother to remember
Old 2017-09-12, 02:13   Link #2496
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
He literally created an anime where the main character was powered by the will of the fandom, that defeated the intent of the creator. I have no idea why you try to so hard to destroy the very foundation Re:Creators was built on. If fandom complaints don't matter then the entire anime should never have been written.
Again with the odd tangent.

My point was that if he wants Hiroe or anyone else to take his seething displeasure seriously, he should try stringing together more than 140 characters.

And before you say it, that doesn't mean he needs to write an essay to express his opinion, just don't be surprised if no one takes it seriously if he doesn't.

Old 2017-09-12, 02:15   Link #2497
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They did. They definitely did. It's obvious this was the end they were aiming for ever since the second half began

And come on....you know the point I'm trying to make. Insulting him isn't criticism at all. If you really want to get your point across, at least put up a proper argument to him otherwise you are no different from another net troll nobody will bother to remember
Are you saying it is hard to explain why his story was bad? It wasn't, he broke so many rules of story telling that it is hard to fit it into twitter. But if he really want to write about fans and misrepresenting them, he should be prepared for anger. He wrote a story where fans powered up a villain because allegedly fans like watching villains win. I have no idea where he got that idea from.
Old 2017-09-12, 02:24   Link #2498
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Are you saying it is hard to explain why his story was bad? It wasn't, he broke so many rules of story telling that it is hard to fit it into twitter.
If it's so easy, a thorough analysis should be no problem then, right? Why confine yourself to a limited platform like Twitter?

Quote:
He wrote a story where fans powered up a villain because allegedly fans like watching villains win. I have no idea where he got that idea from.
I recommend watching more TV for the answer.

Old 2017-09-12, 02:28   Link #2499
Key Board
Carbon

based on my own experience, viewers root for villains like Magane
not Altair
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 02:30   Link #2500
justpassingby

Well, we're using 2ch, and we're happy to write to him through his blog, if he even cared to read. If the staffs foreshadowed a terrible ending since the start of 2nd cour, he should've been receiving criticisms from that moment onward.

Quote:
I recommend watching more TV for the answer.
And did most of the villains get scott-free or powered up through fans?

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning