Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-04, 21:37   Link #21
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
This was...bad. Another case of a rotten carcass in a shiny wrapper. It looks and sounds great, but the story is an illogical mess and painful to watch.
???
I often heard this complain, but myself finds no glaring logical flaw outside ep.3
Outside that, everything makes sense to me.

If anything, the lack of exploration on Izanami's character on why and how she tries to help Koku is the real big flaw of the show.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 21:48   Link #22
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
???
I often heard this complain, but myself finds no glaring logical flaw outside ep.3
I'm also always confused when I hear people talk about this manga and that anime are confusing/illogical, when I had no problem understanding them.

Quote:
If anything, the lack of exploration on Izanami's character on why and how she tries to help Koku is the real big flaw of the show.
I thought it was the same thing that happened to Yuna though...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 21:54   Link #23
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I thought it was the same thing that happened to Yuna though...
Yuna at least has enough flash back that tells us how the two know each other and the promises they exchanged.

But Izanami is... outside that she said she and Koku had spent time together in the past, we never see anything like that in the flash back.
So when she said she'll protect Koku before the dying Heath, I am like all wha????
Old 2018-03-04, 21:59   Link #24
bakato

Quote:
Yuna at least has enough flash back that tells us how the two know each other and the promises they exchanged.

But Izanami is... outside that she said she and Koku had spent time together in the past, we never see anything like that in the flash back.
So when she said she'll protect Koku before the dying Heath, I am like all wha????
The only bits we got with Izanami was her flashback in episode 3 and her looking troubled when Minatsuki killed Flick's dad. I think it would've helped if they had shown her looking longingly at Koku during Yuna's flashbacks.

As fascinating as Koku's plot looks on paper, it's somewhat underdeveloped compared to Keith's. With any luck, season 2 will remedy this.
Old 2018-03-04, 22:28   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I think I should come back here after watching all the episodes
Random spoilers flying around
Still only watched 2 episodes
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 22:32   Link #26
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Synopsis: The 12-episode series is set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order.
So this synopsis turned out to be a load of junk. Note for the future: Never trust Netflix synopses. Wonder if they're gonna come up with a new title for the next season. C: The Middle?
Old 2018-03-05, 00:46   Link #27
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I think I should come back here after watching all the episodes
Random spoilers flying around
Still only watched 2 episodes
You might need a pen and paper to keep up with the hints that are dropped in a random fashion. You also may need to watch until the video runs out so that you see the Season 2 hint at the end.

That was one complicated title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So this synopsis turned out to be a load of junk. Note for the future: Never trust Netflix synopses. Wonder if they're gonna come up with a new title for the next season. C: The Middle?
It wasn't that far off...

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2018-03-05 at 01:03.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 01:11   Link #28
zztop

B's issue is that the plot feels like you're watching 2 different shows smashed together into one.

It's like the writers couldn't decide whether they wanted the anime to be a mystery investigation with psychological tinges to it, or an action show about genetically-recreated demihumans battling, and decided to just mix the 2 together as a compromise.

And even then, I found the murder mystery part much easier to follow. The demihuman part felt rather disconnected to the investigations segment.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 09:10   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The ED kick ass BTW.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 15:38   Link #30
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
???

Actually, there were plenty. Somehow Keith gets unarrested after he saves Lily even though he is still a suspected murderer. The magic bullets are never mentioned again and Koku goes to meet the final boss completely unarmed. In the final episode Keith kills his pal WITH A BULLET TO THE BRAIN. I don't even know what kind of person would try shooting somebody in the head and not in the torso in self-defense. And he didn't even want to kill him either, so what gives? In one episode Keith throws his phone into the sea, in the next one somebody calls him and he picks up. It's the same phone (did he buy them in a buy one get the vary same one free deal?). The real Minatsuki could have easily trapped Koku if he lured him into the archeological site in the first place (all his previous lures worked perfectly), he wastes time and people instead. How does Keith even know the exact location of Moby Dick? The setting being neither here (present day, present time) nor there (some made-up country in a made-up world) is hilariously bad.

And Izanami was a boy.
Old 2018-03-07, 17:33   Link #31
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Looks like nit-pick to me.

Keith getting branded as a suspect was Gilbert's doing. After Gilbert gets exposed, Keith certainly is not a priority. It certainly would be better if they show the legal process of that gets resolved, but I see no necessity in wasting precious time on scenes like that.

Not the magic bullet, the magic blue steel. And Koku's blade is made of that blue steel in the very beginning. There is even one scene clearly showing the blade turns blue. Keith just knows how to make that himself artificially. It is not something the fell of the plot, Koku was fighting with it all the time.

Phone? He can't get a new one after? When he had the phone again is when he is back with his pals in the police. If the phones is given to him by his department, it would make sense if it is a phone of same model.

The real Minatsuki plans to abandon Market Maker and starts anew on his on. So it makes sense he use Koku to clean up the organization. Especially he has to consider the scenario that Gilbert came out safe. Better leave Gilbert no chess pieces left.
Also, making your opponent flying up to the stratosphere and blows him up with an air ship certainly is going to weaken your opponent by a lot, however stupid it make look on the surface. So I see now logical flaw in that either outside it looks stupid.

And I don't see why you complain about Keith shooting Gilbert.
Gilbert's threat worked and made Keith shoot. If anything, Gilbert did create the proper scenario that Keith has to arrive into logical decision into shooting him. Gilbert pretty much had his checkmate when he successfully proven himself to Keith that he'll not stop.

The world is not here and but there base on the text I read.
The city design is based on real life city, though.
Old 2018-03-07, 19:40   Link #32
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Seems like (from watching) that Cremona's geography is based on Singapore and the police cars are based on the Japanese National Police Agency, given that the emblem of the NPA is used to hide the manufacturer logos on the front part of the vehicle...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-03-07, 21:38   Link #33
bakato

It's not even magic blue steel. It's an actual thing. You just heat steel until it turns blue.

Interestingly enough, Koku and Keith ended up avenging each other. Koku killed Minatsuki who murdered Keith's dad and Keith killed Gilbert who instigated Minatsuki and killed Koku's friends.
Old 2018-03-08, 04:05   Link #34
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Spoiler:
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 10:05   Link #35
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Oooo!~

Finally finished!

This is a great show!

The last episode was amazing~

Keith's villain was great
Kokuu's villain not bad, but since the true villain will only appear next season, it's understandable

Still not as epic as legendary anime like Speedgrapher, but compared to modern anime, this is top level, Psycho-Pass level

Can't wait for season 2 where Kokuu is helping out RIS and hopefully exploring the romances of Liliy and Yuna
Old 2018-03-08, 21:22   Link #36
Tiberium Wolf

Ok... I watched all the eps but if you separate the normal police stuff from the super natural stuff you could make each their own story. I feel like they mixed this for sake of mixing.
Still it was fun to watch.
Old 2018-03-08, 22:27   Link #37
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The normal police stuffs relies heavily on brainwashing and reggies so it can't standalone imho
Old 2018-03-08, 23:15   Link #38
bakato

Gilbert used Market Maker to pull off his murders.
Old 2018-03-09, 02:50   Link #39
RDNexus

Maybe the whole Reggies thing was the original story and, along the way, they added the whole police stuff to try to make things thicker than they truly are
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 09:15   Link #40
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

MV for "The Perfect World".

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?