Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-09-24, 09:01   Link #141
Some random Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Isekai in this case is kind of a "trap"
It kind of Isekai yes... but it one of a kind Isekai which fool reader until the very end

Lufas is not OP because the setting as last boss said so as reader might see during very few chapter
There a lot of back story into it and which is part of the reason why she got summon to this world
and IMO it very well plan, everything made sense once reader realize what actually going on
Yes I've read the spoilers.

It's just that it feld kind off... odd…
Like from the moment Lufasu read that book in the Elf Country and discovered people didn't think of her as an evil Last Boss after all, I felt as if the story had abandoned its original premise and just made up a new one.

I dunno…
As someone who reads spoilers, I guess I'm just not so into mysteries.
Some random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 10:20   Link #142
mickbis

She isn't even do evil thing from the start
she is ruthless alright but that toward demon race ( and those who oppose her )
the demon still fear her similar to how human race fear Olm

The reason of her downfall is mainly goddess herself playing with heroes emotion not because human fear her.
Aside from the pure white wing racist I don't think humanity hate her at all aside from her bring scary asf how one life could easily end if piss her off
and I think the reason why she didn't realize the meaning why human didn't actually hate her might be because of the earth male counterpart still think of it as game setting

kind of secret boss that should not engage unless you want Item that bad
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 10:35   Link #143
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some random Otaku View Post
Yes I've read the spoilers.

It's just that it feld kind off... oddÂ…
Like from the moment Lufasu read that book in the Elf Country and discovered people didn't think of her as an evil Last Boss after all, I felt as if the story had abandoned its original premise and just made up a new one.

I dunnoÂ…
As someone who reads spoilers, I guess I'm just not so into mysteries.
I think only very few people think of her as kind, the book in the elf nation is created by the king out of his self guilt & failure. While the mixed angels are just outright fanatics of her.

Even if she is do kind as a individual it does not change that she conquer the whole world and ultimately became its supreme overlord.....meaning she killed millions if not billions of people as she ascend into the throne & not just demons but all of those who oppose her.(well im not sure)

Rather than a last boss she is more of a non canon(not part of the original story) optional last boss you can either fight her or not.

Ironically due to her being a non canon last boss her deeds & infamy of conquering the world she exceed the original intented last boss fame & over shadowing the demon king as his reputation regress from being the final boss into a forgotten hidden boss until she is defeated.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 11:38   Link #144
Spica

@Some random Otaku
No good. You would have to completely change MC's personality and back story. I mean she is already over her tyrant phase.

Quote:
The reason of her downfall is mainly goddess herself playing with heroes emotion not because human fear her.
Not quite, people feared her. In fact they feared her quite a lot. She wanted peace and to get rid of what she considered "unreasonable things" in her version of the world. For that purpose she killed a lot of her "enemies", enough for Aigokeros, a rather cruel demon to think of her as a true demon in their first meeting. What the goddess did was merely lighting those fears and doubts in their hearts. By the time MC noticed, it was already too late to fix things about herself.

How she described herself as "a girl with broken dreams" in the beginning was rather fitting imo.

Spoiler for shipping:

Also it seems like I missed a new short story.

Last edited by Spica; 2018-09-24 at 12:15.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 12:08   Link #145
Some random Otaku

Quote:
She isn't even do evil thing from the start
she is ruthless alright but that toward demon race ( and those who oppose her )
the demon still fear her similar to how human race fear Olm

Aside from the pure white wing racist I don't think humanity hate her at all aside from her bring scary asf how one life could easily end if piss her off
and I think the reason why she didn't realize the meaning why human didn't actually hate her might be because of the earth male counterpart still think of it as game setting

kind of secret boss that should not engage unless you want Item that bad
That's just it!
If the opening of the story tells me that she's an evil Overlord who was so powerful she had to be sealed, then I expect her to act like an evil Overlord!
Old 2018-09-24, 12:17   Link #146
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
@Some random Otaku
No good. You would have to completely change MC's personality and back story. I mean she is already over her tyrant phase.

for Aigokeros, a rather cruel demon to think of her as a true demon in their first meeting.

Spoiler for shipping:

Also it seems like I miss a new short story.
Isn't it also because of how Lufas body is so taint with mana ? to the point that Aigokeros unconsciously know that she is closer to the word demon than him
If I remember correctly True Demon like Aigokeros is a bring of pure mana not a cheap imitation like Goddess demon

for the spoiler part
Spoiler for shipping:
Old 2018-09-24, 12:23   Link #147
Some random Otaku

Quote:
@Some random Otaku
But that's just it! What if she wasn't over it!?
Personally, I would much rather have followed that Lufasu over the one right now.
Old 2018-09-24, 12:28   Link #148
XFire
150% done

Quote:
But that's just it! What if she wasn't over it!?
Personally, I would much rather have followed that Lufasu over the one right now.
There was no tyrant phase. Lufasu was fundamentally a just ruler by most accounts.

The whole premise is that her subordinates betrayed her and locked her away, and things almost immediately went to shit because she wasn't there.

The more nuanced approach towards the "conquering overlord" stereotype and then consequences of deposing a global ruler (as well as the already mentioned spoiler twists) make for a far more unique story line than "lol imma crush you bitches with my OP shit"
Old 2018-09-24, 12:35   Link #149
Some random Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
There was no tyrant phase. Lufasu was fundamentally a just ruler by most accounts.

The whole premise is that her subordinates betrayed her and locked her away, and things almost immediately went to shit because she wasn't there.

The more nuanced approach towards the "conquering overlord" stereotype and then consequences of deposing a global ruler (as well as the already mentioned spoiler twists) make for a far more unique story line than "lol imma crush you bitches with my OP shit"
Still, I think he let her betrayers get off the hook far too easily...
Old 2018-09-24, 12:38   Link #150
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Still, I think he let her betrayers get off the hook far too easily...
Not really. Keep in mind that the "player" was the one who set up the betrayal in conjunction with the other players and the game company.

And by the time Lufasu gets all her memories back it's become clear it wasn't really their fault.
Old 2018-09-24, 13:02   Link #151
mickbis

talking about Evil overlord persona
It actually a close call...
If certain scorpion didn't happen to go on rampage on certain village
someone probably would not betray the master and end up following the original plan of implanting evil persona on Rufas

Everything could end up according to the scenario and no one will not be able stop it
Old 2018-09-24, 13:35   Link #152
Spica

If she wasn't over it, if she didn't learn some lessons and continued on that day, we wouldn't have this story. She wouldn't even a 'tyrant', she would be a king nobody acknowledges ruling a kingdom of nothing. And the goddess will continue her 'helping'.

I think something like that was in a chapter. I can't quite remember the number though.

Quote:
Spoiler for shipping:
Poor Caster and that other heart broken demon. I forgot that Virgo followed the boy too.

Spoiler for Short story 6:

Last edited by Spica; 2018-09-26 at 04:00.
Old 2018-09-24, 13:38   Link #153
mickbis

Quote:
If she wasn't over it, if she didn't learn some lessons and continued on that day, we wouldn't have this story. She wouldn't even a 'tyrant', she would be a king nobody acknowledges ruling a kingdom of nothing. And the goddess will continue her 'helping'.

I think something like that was in the a chapter. I can't quite remember the number though.

Poor Caster and that other heart broken demon. I forgot that Virgo followed the boy too.

Spoiler for Short story 6:
Spoiler for Short story:
Old 2018-09-24, 14:00   Link #154
Spica

Quote:
Spoiler for Short story:
Spoiler for Alovenas:
Old 2018-09-24, 15:18   Link #155
J4n1

The way i see it, Lufasu Maphala probably was a ruthless tyrant (kinda have to be, if you want to remake the world in your image), not necessarily cruel, or uncaring, but ruthless in enforcing her rules.
So, while goddess might have given the final push, i think there was probably always a fairly large minority of people ready and willing to rebel given a change.

But, once the tyrant is gone, comes the question of who rules now? nobody will accept a new tyrant, and there is noone able to enforce anykind of unity, so the world splinters, old prejudices take hold, and wars almost forgotten reignite.
And then the demons come.

In a couple years, the reign of the tyrant becomes like a dream, a long lost golden age people long for and tell stories of.
So depending on where you are in society, your view on the Tyrant may be very different, those making the rules now would hate to have her back, those starving in the streets or being oppressed would love nothing more.

That said, i hate the damn car, i mean, really?
It's a medieval(ish) fantasy, make a magical stagecoach and a tent. You have none of the infrastructure needed to actually make and/or use a car, so if you are making an excuse of magic to make it work, might as well go for something not so out of place with no loss of comfort/functionality.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 23:29   Link #156
Trung-t-rung

Lufasu is more along the like of benevolent tyrants with massive charisma rather than the inhuman force of nature Demon Lord(which Overlord's Ainz is, though he is far too boring a character to pull that well)
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 05:47   Link #157
Some random Otaku

I get it!
You all like "A Wild Last Boss Appeared". So do I.

It's just that, to me, it would have been more interesting to see Lufasu's rise to power than her just running around the world map collecting the Twelve Stars.
Old 2018-09-26, 09:21   Link #158
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I get it!

It's just that, to me, it would have been more interesting to see Lufasu's rise to power than her just running around the world map collecting the Twelve Stars.
Well, you posted what was essentially a fanfic turning the story into a typical "evil overlord" plot and then asked for replies. It was kind of a given most of them would be in defense of the original story. We wouldn't be here if we didnt enjoy what it already was, right?

Of course, you also made the "mistake" of comparing it unfavorably to Overlord, which is rapidly becoming the SAO of it's particular brand of isekai. People were hardly going to let that pass.
Old 2018-09-26, 10:41   Link #159
mickbis

Well to be fair, if she want power she could do so in a very few week after bring summon .
each twelve star can easily take down a country on their own after all
as none aside from Dragon and Goddess can oppose her which could turn story to be too few dimension IMO

All that left is for plot is a Goddess to give OP power to some character and let them do hero work to finally fell or kill by evil Lufas in her path of Conqueror
( As she already did with Olm plot )
Old 2018-09-26, 11:39   Link #160
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
I get it!

She's already the top of her game. Literally unified the continent under her banner before her defeats. It's far more interesting to see her witnessing the change in the world's natives and politics as a result of her being sealed. Plus, Lufasu, by herself, is already a dynamic character so her interactions really portray the charismatic overlord persona well.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gender bender, tribadism, yuri, yuri/lesbian