Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-27, 09:56   Link #18341
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Seriously? They cut that scene? >.<

Well, they’ll probably add it in for the BD/DVD releases like they added all those scenes for the S2 disc releases and the S1 Director’s cut.
That's an option I wouldn't mind tbh. But I believe they didn't cut it, they changed it's position. We all know that this scene is far from unimportant, so it would be strange not to include it somewhere.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 10:56   Link #18342
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
This looks awful is like a combination between S2 animation and the movie. Remember the infamous Miku's face at the concert? someone needs to put that and her face from this PV side by side just for the giggles.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 16:21   Link #18343
KiharaRonin

Maybe its because I'm not an overly critical person when it comes to this kind of stuff (you can tell because I actually don't mind Index III's animation in most areas and find it fine overall), but I don't really find anything I've seen in this pv to be bad animation, I actually kind of like it. I wasn't expecting something top-tier, but I can't find what makes it awful and don't think what we're getting is so bad. And I'm no stranger to top-tier animation, nor bad animation either, I've seen enough to know my stuff.

I wish people would stop vaguely saying "this is awful" or "look how bad this is" and actually elaborate on why they think its so bad so I could at least understand where others come from. But, it was inevitable people would hate it and that's perfectly fine, I just wish someone would actually explain why so I could comprehend the opposition.
Old 2018-12-27, 16:31   Link #18344
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’m with Kihara here. Everybody has been whining about the animation so I was prepared for something really bad, but now that I’ve seen it I’m like.........really guys? How spoiled are you all? All the animes with actually bad animation over the years and you cant stop complaining about this? Definitely not top-tier animation, but it’s not cabbage either. (anybody who doesn’t get this reference truly doesn’t know what bad animation is)

Liking Natsumi’s VA, liking the new Sweet ARMs song.....it’s looking good so far, if one realized that this is actually a bit above average in comparison to many animes out there.
Old 2018-12-27, 16:36   Link #18345
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I’m with Kihara here. Everybody has been whining about the animation so I was prepared for something really bad, but now that I’ve seen it I’m like.........really guys? How spoiled are you all? All the animes with actually bad animation over the years and you cant stop complaining about this? Definitely not top-tier animation, but it’s not cabbage either. (anybody who doesn’t get this reference truly doesn’t know what bad animation is)

Liking Natsumi’s VA, liking the new Sweet ARMs song.....it’s looking good so far, if one realized that this is actually a bit above average in comparison to many animes out there.
People have the right to an opinion. That you don't think its bad animation is fair enough - cool for you - but that doesn't make it true. What is, or isn't, bad art is subjective and you have no right to say other shows are 'actually bad' and DALIII isn't as though it is fact. How spoiled are we? How spoiled are you?
I think that the animation quality for Mayuri Judgment and the PV for DALIII are worse than that of S2, and that is as true as your opinion is. I'd tell you to stop whining that people don't like something you do, but as I say, everyone deserves the chance to share their thoughts - positive or negative - on a given topic.

Trust me. As a fan of Digimon Frontier...I'm more than used to people shitting on things I like. It sucks, but everyone deserves an opinion, and the chance to share it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Maybe its because I'm not an overly critical person when it comes to this kind of stuff (you can tell because I actually don't mind Index III's animation in most areas and find it fine overall), but I don't really find anything I've seen in this pv to be bad animation, I actually kind of like it. I wasn't expecting something top-tier, but I can't find what makes it awful and don't think what we're getting is so bad. And I'm no stranger to top-tier animation, nor bad animation either, I've seen enough to know my stuff.

I wish people would stop vaguely saying "this is awful" or "look how bad this is" and actually elaborate on why they think its so bad so I could at least understand where others come from. But, it was inevitable people would hate it and that's perfectly fine, I just wish someone would actually explain why so I could comprehend the opposition.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's definitely how flat everything looks. Like...the colouring in particular was a lot softer and more natural-looking in at least the first season, and parts of the second. Tohka's hair in the PV (and Yoshino's in the movie, for that matter) look...really flat. Natsumi's does too, for that matter. They don't look as layered, soft, or...real...as they do in Tsunako's artwork, or in the first season. Kotori's is also a far darker colour that it should be, being more crimson than the pinkish-red of the novels.
The expressions too, look a bit stilted at times...but only really from Shido, Yuzuru, and Miku. Miku, in particular, I really don't like in the PV. Her hair isn't as poofy as it should be, and I'm strongly not a fan of the way JC Staff have done the blushing effect. Miku's one of my favourite characters, and...I just don't think she looks as pretty cute as she should. She looks...I want to say generic? Also...her new outfit doesn't really look like the kind of flowy clothes she usually wears and I find that quite jarring, (Kaguya's new outfit is amazing though - and for that matter, Yoshino and Origami actually do look pretty nice in several scenes, so it isn't as if I hate everything about it).
I'm just...not a fan of the art style, I suppose. It feels... I guess cheap? to me. I can't really explain it better than that. I just don't like it - and gain, that's a fine opinion to have.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2018-12-27 at 17:48.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 21:26   Link #18346
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
People have the right to an opinion. That you don't think its bad animation is fair enough - cool for you - but that doesn't make it true. What is, or isn't, bad art is subjective and you have no right to say other shows are 'actually bad' and DALIII isn't as though it is fact. How spoiled are we? How spoiled are you?
I think that the animation quality for Mayuri Judgment and the PV for DALIII are worse than that of S2, and that is as true as your opinion is. I'd tell you to stop whining that people don't like something you do, but as I say, everyone deserves the chance to share their thoughts - positive or negative - on a given topic.

Trust me. As a fan of Digimon Frontier...I'm more than used to people shitting on things I like. It sucks, but everyone deserves an opinion, and the chance to share it.
When did I say anybody doesn’t have the right to an opinion? Everybody does, and that includes me.
And just because you guys think it’s bad animation doesn’t make that true. It works both ways. The number of voices saying it doesn’t change whether it’s true or not either. It’s not good animation as I myself said, but as I also said there’s way, way, way worse.
You seem to really like insinuating that I’m trying to oppress opinions here. I never once alluded to that. You’re saying the animation is bad, and I’m saying no it’s not that bad. It’s a disagreement, not me trying to stomp out dissension.

Everything you’re saying is conpletely applicable to you as well. You’re giving criticism of me and acting like you’re exempt from it. Then you switch around and act like you’re fighting for freedom of speech.

As for the original topic, it is true that there are animes with far worse animation than this. Several of those I haven’t even seen people actually complaining about the animation, oddly enough. So it looks more than a little silly to me to see people complaining about the animation here and people not complaining in some worse animes.
They could have always not made an S3 after all. And it’ll more than irk me if people hating on the above-average animation turns out to be the reason we don’t get S4.

You guys are totally free to continue not liking the animation, sure. I voiced my piece. I’ll just be sitting here enjoying a title that we thought would never get this much material animated while you guys complain about it. I’m pretty sure my day will be happier than yours at the end.

And no that last bit is not suppression of opinion. That’s a statement saying your own complaints are making yourselves unhappy and unsatisfied.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2018-12-27 at 21:52.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 01:26   Link #18347
holybell84

Hmmm... It felt more like a style change than actual bad drawing/animation, which not bad imho. Was expecting worse from the poster though.
Old 2018-12-28, 05:23   Link #18348
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
When did I say anybody doesn’t have the right to an opinion? Everybody does, and that includes me.
And just because you guys think it’s bad animation doesn’t make that true. It works both ways. The number of voices saying it doesn’t change whether it’s true or not either. It’s not good animation as I myself said, but as I also said there’s way, way, way worse.
You seem to really like insinuating that I’m trying to oppress opinions here. I never once alluded to that. You’re saying the animation is bad, and I’m saying no it’s not that bad. It’s a disagreement, not me trying to stomp out dissension.

Everything you’re saying is conpletely applicable to you as well. You’re giving criticism of me and acting like you’re exempt from it. Then you switch around and act like you’re fighting for freedom of speech.

As for the original topic, it is true that there are animes with far worse animation than this. Several of those I haven’t even seen people actually complaining about the animation, oddly enough. So it looks more than a little silly to me to see people complaining about the animation here and people not complaining in some worse animes.
They could have always not made an S3 after all. And it’ll more than irk me if people hating on the above-average animation turns out to be the reason we don’t get S4.

You guys are totally free to continue not liking the animation, sure. I voiced my piece. I’ll just be sitting here enjoying a title that we thought would never get this much material animated while you guys complain about it. I’m pretty sure my day will be happier than yours at the end.

And no that last bit is not suppression of opinion. That’s a statement saying your own complaints are making yourselves unhappy and unsatisfied.
...No? I outright say you're entitled to your opinion in my post. I say that your opinion is not fact, but I never state that mine is, either. I say 'good for you' that you like it, and specify that what is good or bad is subjective.
Although...on that note, before I move on, I would like to actually apologize for any offence or insult I've caused you. It wasn't my intent, I can assure you - as I say above, even, I specified that just because I'm saying its bad, doesn't make it bad. People have a right to complain...and you of course have a right to complain about that complaining.

However... it is not true that this is above-average animation. That is, again, your opinion, and the way you've constructed your post makes it come across as though you're claiming its a fact - if you are, you're wrong; if you aren't, I apologize.
I think it's pretty bad, and that is just as valid as your opinion. It is also not true, for everyone, that is worse animation out there. If you think something else is badly animated, and no one is complaining...maybe they don't think its badly animated? Or maybe they just had no hopes for it to start with. Honestly, I think a lot of the complaints about DAL III come down to people hoping we'd be back up to AIC+ quality, or even better, with a new studio, and feeling let down that, to them, we aren't (I don't think we are, either, but that's not the reason I'm unhappy - I just really dislike the artstyle).

For the record, though, I do think there are worse-animated shows than DAL III - much worse. Hell, I think Mayuri Judgment is animated worse than this, and that's just for Date A Live. I think Mekakucity Actors was absolute garbage animation-wise, and there are easily several others that I could name as well...but there will always be someone out there who likes every single one of those shows we say are badly-animated and thinks that DAL III - or, hell, even DAL I is terribly done. That's the beauty of subjectivity. Hell, I'm sure there is someone out there who can find fault with The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Come on, though, man, really? Date A Live has very little presence in the west rn - and even if the video games coming here really helps it break out, whether or not some western yahoos like the animation is not going to affect things one iota. It's people in Japan you've gotta watch out for (who, to be fair to you, are complaining too...so fair point).
Besides, anime for LNs - unless they are for crazy-popular brands, like, say, Gundam Unicorn, get anime primarily to sell the novels. People could be saying HELL YEAH THE ANIMATION IS THE BEST YO and the chances of any further anime once the novels end is next-to nill. Not impossible, mind, and I could definitely see an anime for Date A Bullet to cash-in on Kurumi, but still rather unlikely. Date A Live is in that interesting niche wherein its popular, but not as popular as the likes of Highschool DxD (saying this objectively here, people talk about DxD all the time, whereas they never talk about DAL. I've never seen it, myself).
Then again, they are putting extra effort into the BD releases. Whether that means they're pushing for a S4, or they're concerned they won't sell otherwise remains to be seen, but its still interesting nonetheless.

Dislike this animation though I do, though, I'm still going to watch it, and I'm still going to get excited at my favourite parts (unless they're cut, or the animation is particularly bad for them), I'm still going to buy it when it comes out - twice, if Funimation dub it - and I'm still going to be euphoric if they announce a season four at the end. It won't make me like the art style...but I love this series. I'd take a DAL IV animated like this any day. I'd even take a DAL IV animated like the movie - hell, I'd take a DAL IV animated like Mekakucity Actors.

I love this show, and I'm perfectly entitled to get upset at what I percieve is it getting shafted with bad animation - you can tell me it isn't all you want, but from my perspective, you are as wrong as I am from yours. I don't complain because I'm one of those people who likes complaining - far from it, if a clerk screws up my order at a restaurant, I just take it to avoid the conflict - no, I complain because I wish it could be better.
And it is better for you. I see that, and I'm glad about that - we've been in arguments before, you and I, both against each other, and on the same side. I might not know the real you, the one behind the screen, at all...but after all these years, I think I know Shinji103, the Kurumi fanboy pretty well...and I'm sincerely happy that you like the animation. I am. I hope that Kurumi looks breathtaking to you, and I'm just as happy that everyone else who has said 'its fine to me' or variations thereof have that much more to look forward to, come January.

The reason I typed up this post is simply that I can't stand the idea that just because I complain, I'm some old curmudgeon who doesn't deserve to even have DALIII if I can't say anything nice about it (when in fact I have...I actually think Kotori and the twins look really nice, give or take Kotori's hair colour, and Yoshino looks better than Mayuri Judgment at least). I'm 100% certain that there are some out there who are being entitled, or who just want something to complain about. But that's certainly not the case for me, and I can't be the only one like that. I'd eat my cosplay Tzaphkiel if that were the case.

Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to like something...you just can't. I gave the Key Visual a chance...everyone literally had the same face tweaked slightly, other than Kurumi. I gave the PV a chance...and I strongly disliked the art style. I'll certainly give the show a chance too (I mean, I'm watching it anyway, but I mean I'll give it a chance to win me over), and I don't mean some namby-pamby three-episodes bullshit, either. Outside of an initial reaction after Episoide 01, I'm reserving judgment until Episode 06, what will be the end of Natsumi's arc. Animating harem scenes (even though those are often my favourite, mind) badly is one thing, but maybe they'll really nail the climax scenes. Horror stories frm Index fans don't give me hope...but Index being 'apparently bad' does not in any way affect DAL III, nor will I let it affect my viewing experience. I don't expect to like DAL III's animation - I expect to like the show, mind, I like DAL II and Mayuri Judgment after all, and I'm not fans of their animation either...but I'm certainly going to try to. But that doesn't mean everyone should. People are well within their rights to watch a PV and decide the show isn't for them. Could they be cheating themselves out of an enjoyable experience, art style be damned? Yes, certainly. But its still a valid course of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Hmmm... It felt more like a style change than actual bad drawing/animation, which not bad imho. Was expecting worse from the poster though.
I largely agree with this, actually, thinking about it. It's definitely a style change - and as I've said previously, thats actually what I'm most salty about - I don't like this new style. That, too, is a perfectly valid opinion to have, but its definitely leagues better than that godawful key visual.

EDIT: Wow this is long. God, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to try and ensure I couldn't be misread as attacking or childish...ten-to-one I've probably failed at that. Feel free to post your own wall of text, or just completely ignore this.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2018-12-28 at 10:59.
Old 2018-12-28, 06:56   Link #18349
AP24

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAjpD99EhSU

As expected the word Date A Live is in the lyrics

I also found MV for 1st and 2nd OP theme. Did they just make them recently?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SfObyuZG31A
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lFStV1qg_Js
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 07:24   Link #18350
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAjpD99EhSU

As expected the word Date A Live is in the lyrics

I also found MV for 1st and 2nd OP theme. Did they just make them recently?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SfObyuZG31A
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lFStV1qg_Js
Aaah! Now that's the stuff right there. Date A Live does seriously have one of the best OSTs I've ever heard. Sweet ARMS are fantastic at what they do.

Letting Go
Old 2019-01-04, 09:03   Link #18351
AP24

I just realized third season anime finishes airing in late March which is also when next volume will probably be released. So there's a chance next volume will be the end of the main story.
Old 2019-01-04, 11:15   Link #18352
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I just realized third season anime finishes airing in late March which is also when next volume will probably be released. So there's a chance next volume will be the end of the main story.
Even if it doesn't, it'll likely start the conclusion. Like, 20 and 21 are the end, then an epilogue or something.

Letting Go
Old 2019-01-04, 20:13   Link #18353
lovetospoon73

Quote:
the problem is no info has been released about volume 20 nor the author officiAlly stating that the next volume will be the last
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-04, 21:45   Link #18354
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
the problem is no info has been released about volume 20 nor the author officiAlly stating that the next volume will be the last
Every LN pretty much had a volume released during anime airing. Also, for the past few years DAL always had a main volume released in March.
Old 2019-01-08, 20:25   Link #18355
tuckersister

I wonder if DAB will still continue after the MS is over. Vol 2 and 3 are really interest. I still can't find Vol 4 translation summary til this day. There's only the illustrations.

Looking forward to the 3rd season of the anime, we finally get to see the Origami arc.

I feel bad that the AST are always sidelined. I was happy that they fought with the Spirits against DEM. But after that, there was nothing else.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 21:05   Link #18356
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I believe Tachibana said he was looking forward to his next work, so I wouldn’t count too much on much DAL after the main story is over. Maybe an Encore volume or two.
Old 2019-01-09, 05:09   Link #18357
tuckersister

Yeah, probably do Encore volumes after the MS is over. I hope Tachibana's next work will be good.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 05:41   Link #18358
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if DAB will still continue after the MS is over. Vol 2 and 3 are really interest. I still can't find Vol 4 translation summary til this day. There's only the illustrations.

Looking forward to the 3rd season of the anime, we finally get to see the Origami arc.

I feel bad that the AST are always sidelined. I was happy that they fought with the Spirits against DEM. But after that, there was nothing else.
Probably, given that Volumes 1-4 each deal with a different region of the neighbouring world (Malkuth, Yesode, Binah, and Hod), and Volume 5 looks set to continue this trend (they head to Netzach at the end of V4). I'd say there a six more volumes left, including Volume 5 - one for each Region...and there is no way the main series has six books left.

As for Encores, I think we'll probably end up with ten, maaaaaaaaybe eleven. The same 'artbook arbitrarily only included Volumes 1-11 even though 12-16 were also out' logic that helps imply 22 main volumes also goes for the Encores, given that the artbook only covered Encores 1-5, despite 6 also being out at the time. If there were to be 12 Encores, 6 would have been included. Thusly, 10 - one for each Spirit, or maybe 11 to add in Mio (seeing as 11 has no perfect half) is probably the likely outcome.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-01-09 at 12:58.
Old 2019-01-13, 23:50   Link #18359
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

This kinda went under the radar a bit, but Alter’s Kurumi figure has a preview and it looks like pre-orders will open this Friday, and it looks dang good.
Old 2019-01-15, 12:37   Link #18360
JonasDown!

Screenshots of episode 2!

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Pic:

Yes, for some reason the artstyle looks more polished here. Don't really know what must be going on at JC Staff.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy