AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-02-19, 14:23   Link #7641
sasuke706

Read 信者ゼロの女神サマと始める異世界攻略 because it's getting published and figured I'd do a sort of mini-review. With slight spoilers. Not that really any interesting spoiler-things happen.

Spoiler for :
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 21:05   Link #7642
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The MC seems annoying
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-20, 00:54   Link #7643
Garn

the most annoying part = self-hetare (he can know if a woman is interested in his friend)
the MC must have been the friend, by far.

Last edited by Garn; 2019-02-20 at 01:15.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-20, 09:16   Link #7644
wuhugm
Confused Shark

勇者にみんな寝取られたけど諦めずに戦おう。きっと最後は俺が勝つ。

That title
And it got an LN
Old 2019-02-20, 17:57   Link #7645
Exia237

^ is that novel popular?
Because after reading that, it look summary rather than novel
Exia237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 03:21   Link #7646
Garn

世界の闇と戦う秘密結社が無いから作った(半ギレ)
Although I keep reading, everything points to that secret organization will be Super Sentai type, after all the MC doesn't want to kill or cause discomfort to society, doesn't want to face the criminal and dirty world but another organization (which he will create too?, since there is no other, according to the power of the MC), although there are still no signs and the author doesn't put many tags, probably no unexpected development happens, it reminds me of Samurai Flamenco (before all the chaotic development in the second half) but the MC here doesn't want to fight against crime. I thought it would be something similar to 陰の実力者になりたくて! but in the real world, the only hope I have is the high score (lol).
Old 2019-02-21, 10:40   Link #7647
wuhugm
Confused Shark

僕がSSSランクの冒険者なのは養成学校では秘密です

MC is a retard (and everyone else is too)
He's like 3000 times stronger than high ranking people and he doesn't realize it
It got an LN anyway

Still searching for stories where the MC is a member of an organization and actually behaves like one
Old 2019-02-22, 09:33   Link #7648
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Lolwut. I was bored and read the just released 1st chapter of the manga for Aランク冒険者のスローライフ after which I decided to check the web novel...and it turns out it's one of those few nocturne novels with minimal ero. Though the fact that it has any at all and was from nocturne surprised me since it didn't seem like the kind of story that would come from nocturne.
Old 2019-02-22, 13:29   Link #7649
Garn

Every time I find more novels where:
All the interaction happens without even knowing the names of the characters.
Nothing of the characters is described until several chapters later.
Flatly nothing is described, no hair color, hairstyle, constitution, nothing.
Old 2019-02-22, 13:40   Link #7650
whitecloud

俺は星間国家の悪徳領主!
by the writer of Seven and otome ga mob
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1976ey/

google translate summary’s:
Liam Serra Banfield is a reincarnated person reborn in a Interstellar empire, his previous life ended by being betrayed and losing everything. “in current life i will do whatever i want and become evil lord”

Impression : this isekai is kinda unique in while most isekai have medieval fantasy setting, this one have setting in interplanetary empire, our protagonist is a “abandoned” by his parents that just want to live in lavish planetary capital, and use him to transfer their debt

unlike usual setting with magic as main weapon, in the setting the personal weapon is a mobile suit with ship as support from small frigate to a huge battleship and a kilometer long fortress class

im really hoping there will be translator who will be interested
Old 2019-02-22, 13:49   Link #7651
sasuke706

^Already has a thread.
Old 2019-02-23, 09:23   Link #7652
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Found some novels with magic/power school setting

but... THE MC IS ALWAYS ALREADY STRONGER THAN THE TEACHERS! BY FAR!

WHY DO YOU GO TO SCHOOL THEN!?
Old 2019-02-23, 17:03   Link #7653
Garn

^Because the author was bullied in his school arc?

Good
???

"Acceptable" to read
悪魔に転生してました。
Yes to all.

Read at your own risk
n1689fc (apparently the author constantly changes the title)
OP?, the harem wants to be a harem but the MC is a Japanese MC, self-justifies cowardly MC.

Garbage
世界の闇と戦う秘密結社が無いから作った(半ギレ) or Text Wall Trash
OP but useless MC, Nop, HAHAHA

Last edited by Garn; 2019-02-23 at 17:21.
Old 2019-02-24, 14:56   Link #7654
sasuke706

It's still pretty new but モブ高生の俺でも冒険者になればリア充になれますか has been pretty fun so far. Has plot, sub-plots, a setting, a progression system, skewed interpersonal relationships, and even proper character development.
Although it probably stands out more to me because every other newer work I've found of late has just been pretty trash...

Story is mob highschooler decides to try to stop being a mob (partially to see what his chances are with a girl high on school caste ladder), so he becomes an adventurer in his free time in order to make that happen. Modern world with dungeons, yeah. Becoming an adventurer is pretty costly so most highschoolers can't, and becoming one can instantly shoot someone up in the school caste system.
Thing is adventurers themselves don't seem any different from normal people, it's just they can use monster cards to summon monsters to beat dungeons for them. You know, Pokemon style. And there's magic items too but hasn't gone too much into that, being early in the story.
Even has a system that allows monsters to grow and be fused/reincarnated into a higher monsters, albeit with limitations.

MC is not OP, apparently it's a monster girl harem in a sense, and no snu-snu.
The monster girl harem thing is weird because I'm still not entirely sure how that would work, since cards can only be materialized inside dungeons, using unmentioned special items, or during what's essentially a world-event.
Meaning the only time to do anything with them is when they should be fighting in dangerous places, and while one of his cards even has the skillset of what a succubus should basically have, nothing has come of it yet.

Author's been updating daily and his style doesn't come off as the might-randomly-delete-it type, but you can never know.
Old 2019-02-24, 20:59   Link #7655
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^So what's the dungeon's impact to the world?
Old 2019-02-24, 21:37   Link #7656
sasuke706

Pretty varied. Apparently the magic stones monsters drop have countless uses, such a replacements for fuel and fertilizer.
New job market so better economy. Access to rare metals, including undiscovered ones, weird magic items, among other resources.
The world-event I mentioned before—called an Angolmois—is this thing where monsters leave their dungeons and, well, start just killing everyone. Creating a need for people to actually clean out dungeons now and then. And before you ask, yes, guns are effective against the monsters as during the first Angolmois, military bases were placed nearby and could cope with them with minor losses—albeit with some leakage. It's just there's also certain monsters guns aren't effective on, like ghosts where they do literally nothing, to requiring way too much ammunition to beat others. Deeper dungeons are full of these, so it turned out adventurers with cards were generally just much more cost-efficient.
Oh, and for the record these dungeons started appearing in 1999.

It pretty much explains everything about the world in the first chapter, as it's just a giant infodump.
Old 2019-02-24, 22:06   Link #7657
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Angolmois? That's an anime

That's just normal Dungeon Overflow tho

So why don't all humanity become adventurers?
Old 2019-02-24, 22:23   Link #7658
sasuke706

And where do you think the Angolmois anime got its name from?

Like I said before, becoming an adventurer is costly.
It can have pretty high returns, but the monster cards cost a ton and is hard to get a good foundation.
The protagonist plans on using his cards forever because friendship and all that, but most adventures don't have as much attachment to their cards and will literally work them to death. Apparently it's easier to just get new cards than it is to cultivate a weaker one into something usable.
Monsters sometimes drop cards so they can use those, or they can sell other drops and buy more cards.
I don't recall if it mentioned it, but there are more than likely just outright useless cards. I'm sure these ones are really cheap, but there's also a good chance they won't even earn their own monetary value back.

That said the card price is determined by people of course, so I imagine prices got as high as they were because they could get that high and get away with it.
If there's a system to be exploited, someone will find a way to do it.

The protagonist gets some relatively powerful but quirky cards to start off and still has a hard time beating the weakest rank of dungeon. Should note that he bought a randomized card pack which was still expensive as hell, and that he suggested that the cards in the packs were all leftovers no one likely wanted anyway. Like one of the cards he got had evolved to have a bunch of demerit skills presumably because its previous owner was just that much of an asshole.
Old 2019-02-24, 22:45   Link #7659
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Monster Girl Cards... Previous Owners Are Assholes... You don't mean... xxx
Old 2019-02-25, 10:02   Link #7660
Exia237

Can i ask questions?
Why people in isekai go to school to become adventure?
Exia237 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel