Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-23, 10:58   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I didn't, and it doesn't look like Tilarna did either, so was she really posing as a prostitute?
I'm not sure Tilarna herself knew (probably not), but that's what O'Neil told the guard in the novel to get her in. I mean, it obviously wasn't your average club. And the walk he taught her? I haven't seen a lot of women walk like that.

And try to guess what O, V, and A mean (hint: it's not Original Video Animation).
Old 2019-07-23, 11:27   Link #142
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's times like these that I try and always be conscious of how difficult anime production is...
I'm the same, but like I said above, even mediocre production values can be redeemed by good choreography. They didn't even put in that slight effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I didn't, and it doesn't look like Tilarna did either, so was she really posing as a prostitute?
Seemed more to me she was just posing as some girl out for a night on the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Animations werent nice, sure, but nowhere nearly as bad as Arifureta.
I have no intention of watching that show, but seriously?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-23, 16:06   Link #143
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure Tilarna herself knew (probably not), but that's what O'Neil told the guard in the novel to get her in. I mean, it obviously wasn't your average club. And the walk he taught her? I haven't seen a lot of women walk like that.
Now that you mention it, I guess I can kind of see it .
Quote:
And try to guess what O, V, and A mean (hint: it's not Original Video Animation).
To be honest, that's the first thing I thought it was .
Old 2019-07-24, 14:05   Link #144
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3...

Sigh....this show started out pretty strong...shame.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-25, 01:45   Link #145
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I have no intention of watching that show, but seriously?
Yep. Arifureta is a production disaster from start to finish. It has really recovered as much expectations are so rock bottom after the first episode just not completely collapsing on itself in the 2nd episode gets it praise so I hear.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-25, 13:03   Link #146
Chosen_Hero

^I... It has recovered? Really? Just last episode there was that one scene where Yue jumped and you could just see her character model just slide upwards as if someone was using a mouse to move it and just gave up on doing actual animation.
Old 2019-07-25, 16:57   Link #147
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^I... It has recovered? Really? Just last episode there was that one scene where Yue jumped and you could just see her character model just slide upwards as if someone was using a mouse to move it and just gave up on doing actual animation.
Not as bad as the first episode technically counts as recovering.
Old 2019-07-25, 17:09   Link #148
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As a side note, I wonder how many people realized Tilarna was posing as a prostitute.
Clearly she was a nun
You jest, but considering the anime medium as a whole that's not entirely out of line either. XP

You know there was a rather interesting moment with the Chief and his anti-immigrant rhetoric that was scarily reminiscent with the stuff I've seen people in real life say (including known political figures). So for a moment there it actually seemed decent.

Too bad the rest of this episode was utter trash. Dropped.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 02:51   Link #149
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So if the fairy fuels the bomb.....what happens if you just shoot the fairy before the user detonates it?
Old 2019-07-26, 12:06   Link #150
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Not as bad as the first episode technically counts as recovering.
I don't know, if I broke all the bones in my body and healed one of my thumbs but was told I couldn't use it anymore, while it may not be as bad as it was at first, I wouldn't call that good.
Old 2019-07-26, 20:26   Link #151
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So if the fairy fuels the bomb.....what happens if you just shoot the fairy before the user detonates it?
Probably not an ideal option if you're looking to make sure that fairy survives .
Old 2019-07-27, 06:55   Link #152
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-28, 15:19   Link #153
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You jest, but considering the anime medium as a whole that's not entirely out of line either. XP

You know there was a rather interesting moment with the Chief and his anti-immigrant rhetoric that was scarily reminiscent with the stuff I've seen people in real life say (including known political figures). So for a moment there it actually seemed decent.

Too bad the rest of this episode was utter trash. Dropped.
I get the impression that a lot of the story has been compressed for time, the rich pretty boy antagonist was given a lot of characterization for how quickly and easily he was dealt with.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-29, 15:44   Link #154
4th Dimension

Aaaand this is where I check out. It's not that the show did anything terrible, although I think I have talked about how this world doesn't entirely make sense to me, especially cluesness even after decade and a half that there might be magic out there.

No I quit because I was JUS SOOO BOOOOORED of all this dialogue and plot taken straight from a tropey cop procedural generator. Like that scene in the morgue. It felt like an eternity of pointless time filling banter. Also one would have thought since they gave her an actual position and rank in police SOMEONE would have tossed a book at Tillarna explaining the justice system. So she isn't going about like an elephant in a glass shop.

And so I just coulnd't make it to the end of this episode. I'm done.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-29, 18:18   Link #155
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Seems like this a job for the Belmonts.
Old 2019-07-29, 18:29   Link #156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation was better than last week's, but then again it was hard to do worse. Still pretty bad. The pacing is all over the place. The directing is awful. Why am I still watching this show? Oh yeah, because of Gatoh and Murata.

And the end of the first arc. The fairy was just Tilarna's friend? That's it?

The beginning of the second arc. Tilarna is aware vampire exists and that they've been sealed and buried in coffins in a certain place. She reads the word "blood" on the coffin and she doesn't think she should wait until they decipher the whole text to open it, just to be on the safe side?

The only thing consistently good about this how is Tilarna's cuteness.
Old 2019-07-29, 19:33   Link #157
4th Dimension

Ah and yes, we just fought a NECROMANCER when we find a weird coffin with inscrpitions about death and blood and find an incredibly well preserved corpse inside. Could it be some other magical shenanigans? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Let's also ignore our resident elf and let her go ham on some crims.

As a person I know said, the only thing missing was a stamp saying MADE IN TRANSYLVANIA.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-29, 20:15   Link #158
Wandering Soul

I don't read the original light novel, but it feels like this adaption is blazing through the material at too fast a pace. Also, I am surprised at how woefully unprepared these people seem to be when it comes to magic.
Old 2019-07-29, 20:54   Link #159
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

In other words, Tilarna is interested in Kei so she made some excuses to be his partner in order to spend quality time with him while investigating his romantic background. I guess I can roll with that.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-29, 22:27   Link #160
Frontier

So Leahayah was Tilarna's fairy friend from her own world. Too bad she had to sacrifice herself to save the city, Tilarna, and Kei. But at least Tilarna didn't lose her memento from her mother in the end .

I kinda get why Kei and Tilarna were interrogated over what happened, but why was Tilarna in court? Did she need to give testimony regarding what happened as far as convicting everyone they managed to arrest ?

Ah, all those buddy cop cliches...where the duo say their bitter goodbyes after finally coming together and getting to like one another, only for the twist that the partner who left came back for more misadventures .

So we've replaced Ross with your more typical police chief, always loud, in-your-face, and busting his detective's balls for breaches of protocol. A part of me wonders if Kei misses Ross .

I guess you get what you'd expect from a "detective" from a medieval fantasy world where there's probably no laws about dismembering hostile suspects or roughing them up in interrogations. Tilarna's like an Internal Affairs dream job .

I'm kind of surprised all the police there were so genre blind. I mean, a coffin? Fantsay setting? "Moon?" "Blood?" Does nobody else know what a vampire is ?

Tags
action, fantasy