Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-06, 18:42   Link #21
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon.S.Kenedy
In my opinion what needs to happen is for SEX, Drugs, and Guns lots of Guns, Gang Lords, Bad guys and Good guys, need all to be combined in one and even sometimes let the bad guy win. I mean Good doesn’t always win in our world. Something adult and realistic. IM SICK OF KIDy ANIMES. Well that’s just my opinion.
Hmm, so something like Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl or GunGrave perhaps.
Old 2004-01-07, 02:08   Link #22
mikeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Well it might have been 90% of the American households, I forget.
that is still a very high percentage i'm doing a search on google and found this link
, i'm looking for more figures on google right now
Old 2004-01-07, 08:38   Link #23
mr_green32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
There's artistic merit, and then there's selling out.
Like I said in the beginning: 'Remember the classification of "gratuitous". ' Maybe I should have added that there is a difference. Not all nudity in entertainment is gratuitous, and if anyone got that impression from my statement, gomen. I believe sometimes there's a need, and sometimes there isn't. When it isn't, it's considered gratuitous.
Old 2004-01-07, 09:53   Link #24
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
that is still a very high percentage i'm doing a search on google and found this link
, i'm looking for more figures on google right now
I knew that 90% was a crazy, "pulled it outta my azz" statistic. Thanks for some real numbers, mikeon.
Old 2004-01-07, 12:10   Link #25
gho
anime fan

Send a message via AIM to gho Send a message via Yahoo to gho
I think a lot of people didn't get what I said...

In 80% of the animes I saw, sex and drugs wouldn't be fit for them because the story has nothing to do with it, and it is focused on other stuff... But the other 20% really must have some addons to make it believable.

I don't want Pokemon with dicks but I really think some other anime are really lost in what they are doing. This usually happens when they take a theme that is really adult material and, thus, full of delicate themes which are usually put aside and them the story appears full of loopholes.

For instance, Narutaru is an anime where there is no story, no plot, no characters, and they really hide a lot of scenes that are a bit gory and them show you some meaningless violence ten times worse.

Spoiler:

Texhnolyze is really a terrific example of an anime that is telling you everything that is going on in the story and the viewer can really form an opinion of what is going on.

The mafia there won't just give you a lecture if you don't act the way they want... they really start chopping you off...really interesting. The violence there is part of the logic of the story that the director wants to tell and there is no way to get rid of it. In other animes the mafia that they picture is more lame than the principal of an ordinary school.
Old 2004-01-07, 15:11   Link #26
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_green32
Like I said in the beginning: 'Remember the classification of "gratuitous". ' Maybe I should have added that there is a difference. Not all nudity in entertainment is gratuitous, and if anyone got that impression from my statement, gomen. I believe sometimes there's a need, and sometimes there isn't. When it isn't, it's considered gratuitous.
I don't quite see how that relates. Gratuity can be done for artistic merit, but if it's done so more of those crazy teens buy the product, then I think it can be argued what the company's primary motivation is.

Well, I take that back. Every company wants to make money. The question is, how well can they balance marketing and product quality.

I dunno, I always sucked at economics. ^_^
Old 2004-01-07, 17:27   Link #27
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Well, if you want a manga which has all of these things, in their extreme's, go read Koroshiya Ichi. When i watch anime, or read a manga, and theres violence, i don't want it to be excessive if the story doesn't call for it, but if it does call for it, then i'd like there to be enough violence and/or sex to mean that it doesn't looked like its been down graded so as to not offend people. I'm not hugely keen on seeing naked people when i watch anime, unless its absolutely necessary, since i think it can completely destroy the character who is naked. Sex scenes i feel are completely different to a character naked, for the simple fact that it involves 2 people.
Old 2004-01-07, 18:45   Link #28
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Well, if you want a manga which has all of these things, in their extreme's, go read Koroshiya Ichi. When i watch anime, or read a manga, and theres violence, i don't want it to be excessive if the story doesn't call for it, but if it does call for it, then i'd like there to be enough violence and/or sex to mean that it doesn't looked like its been down graded so as to not offend people. I'm not hugely keen on seeing naked people when i watch anime, unless its absolutely necessary, since i think it can completely destroy the character who is naked. Sex scenes i feel are completely different to a character naked, for the simple fact that it involves 2 people.
Or one person and a monster with suspicious-looking tentacles.

(Sorry, i couldn't help myself.)
Closed Thread