AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-05-28, 20:25   Link #81
grecefar

This feel like all over the place, I don't know... anyway is good to see roderich finally had his dream come true after 3 years, and he was such a mvp this chapter that I didn't care that axe girl was introduced too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 20:30   Link #82
Frontier

I've never seen someone so resistant to having more money just because of it being a hassle, but I guess if you're already well off it's not worth whatever problems it brings. Seems like Well can't do anything without it leading to more trouble for him in the long run .

Spear Guy finally gets his due! It was nice to see Roderich's efforts finally pay off and to be given a position of importance by Well. He's totally earned it both in his efforts to gain it and in his actions after receiving it .

I'd like to think most people wouldn't think to use a magic teleporter to steal panties, but I guess once that idea's out there it's hard to get it out of your head. That poor research girl...and then even Well's girls are girding themselves in case they lose their panties .

That bad dude was Roderich's father? I guess he takes more after his mother .

Axe Girl finally appears! Wilma may be petite and soft-spoken, but she's a powerhouse with an immense appetite to match. And apparently her father is foisting her on Well so he doesn't have to pay for her meals anymore (and she might be a concubine/wife candidate? That really is treated pretty casually at this point). She seems set to be a cute and fun addition to the cast .

I thought Kurt might genuinely feel some grief at the death of his brother, but then you see him start to smirk and laugh like a true villain. And then Well and company pop in with full armor and gear like they're gearing for a fight, which really makes me wonder what's going on .
Old 2020-05-29, 09:40   Link #83
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Spear guy was more capable than he looked! I guess he does fit the role of the spy but you never would've thought he had any brains when all we saw was some green haired guy stalking Well around the capital, do note that there was a 3 year timeskip and he kept it up all that time

Imagine being dumped on somebody else because your parents could no longer afford to feed you, not because they're poor, but because you just eat .. a lot, and it's not your fault since it's a medical condition!

But then again if you've got guaranteed income from the kingdom for 20 years I guess food won't be a problem for a while, and she's cute and useful too so it all works out
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 20:27   Link #84
Itlandm
Porcupine

A wild loli appears! Her father doesn't care if Well makes her his bodyguard or his concubine, as long as he feeds her. That's a little disturbing, but perhaps a fair representation of medieval society.

All of Elise's assets belong to Wendelin, and let us not forget it! I wonder if the double meaning of "assets" exist in the original language, I don't understand that much. But you'd almost think so, looking at her.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 08:05   Link #85
tsunade666

there's actually more to it than that which the anime skipped.
Spoiler for skipped information:

Last edited by LKK; 2020-05-30 at 09:27. Reason: Added spoiler tags. Skipped information needs to be in spoiler tags.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 10:10   Link #86
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
there's actually more to it than that which the anime skipped.
Hah, in this world you don't send out job applications, you just hang around potential employer's houses, sometimes for years, trying to impress them with your talent, be it your expertise in spears or your super strength based on your medical condition

That also answers one of my other question regarding that introduction scene. Most of the people in that party were surprised when she showed up, despite her being the daughter of a well known minister, which, like Elise, would've made her known at least, if not famous. With that skipped information explanation it made sense that nobody knew who she was
Old 2020-06-01, 15:50   Link #87
Blueknight78

this serie get more and more dumb, that is maybe the first time i used the 4 episodes rule to follow a serie and feel like regreting did it, because instead of the serie get better it's getting more and more "generic dumb isekai", almost a "smartphone" levels of dumb.

Basically the "new girl" for his "dumb harem" of not so romantic girls, come just for the "food", because she is a glutton and her father is getting tired to have is fortune get take away by her undless hunger.

everyone "give they money" to the mc, just because they don't want to be so much rich because of jealous" then throw all the money to the mc just to make him even more rich???, well why he just not already made the new king??? or even god, at this point he could be at last be a new king, since he i getting "everything" for free and so easy, because we don't really have battles because all of then are sidelined in bakcground" and the mc efforts are minimum since he is a freaking op mage and probably now due to training with the "magic girl transformer macho/muscle man mage", he must have learned how to be awesome physical combatent.

and finally the only character which really now feel diservers to be the actual mc get his dream realised, the spear man finally get to work for allmight supreme loved, ruch powerfull, money chicken magnetic(because at this point what is attracting girls to him is his "money" not being a "nice guy", well at last in that point the mc is starting to feel more realistic than most of the "average nice guy chicken magnetic mc") and he is really good at his job, why the mc don't already made him part of the group, i forget they already have the speal girl and the guy can't steal her spot", for that he will be sidelined as being the "one to take care of mc mansion" while the mc now will free go conquest the whole world, just because he can right???

at this point i'm really on the point of no return because i've come so far following that generic bad isekai, because i've fooled by the 3 first episodes which looked cool just to find out which it is just another generic boring and bad wishfullfilment isekai, with the mc getting everything "for free" just because..., at last the reason the girls are joinning his harem are more "realistic" than many others generic isekais.

really the big disappointment of the year so far.
Old 2020-06-04, 20:59   Link #88
Frontier

Well finally finds out his brother has turned rotten since he last saw him, and is now a resentful, cheap, and unfeeling lord over the people. No wonder they want him gone .

Man, the Baumeister's sure have a knack for snagging hot wives (and Well might end up having multiple). For all their financial issues, at least they've got that going for them .

@#$%-talking zombies into attacking you? That's a new one .

I wonder why the royals want Well out of the way? So there's less power-plays involving him ?

Lynn's interpretation of Well's fight with the bone dragon was pretty funny, especially with her Brantag impersonation. She probably should've played Well too .

Amalie still having better sense and compassion then her husband .

It's nice to see Well treating his nephews...and Wilma .
Old 2020-06-04, 21:30   Link #89
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well finally finds out his brother has turned rotten since he last saw him, and is now a resentful, cheap, and unfeeling lord over the people. No wonder they want him gone .

Man, the Baumeister's sure have a knack for snagging hot wives (and Well might end up having multiple). For all their financial issues, at least they've got that going for them .

@#$%-talking zombies into attacking you? That's a new one .

I wonder why the royals want Well out of the way? So there's less power-plays involving him ?

Lynn's interpretation of Well's fight with the bone dragon was pretty funny, especially with her Brantag impersonation. She probably should've played Well too .

Amalie still having better sense and compassion then her husband .

It's nice to see Well treating his nephews...and Wilma .

To be fair his brother is right. His time as heir was numbered as soon as Well became a Baron. Of course he handled that knowledge in about the worst way possible.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 01:46   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
He was no prize even before...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 04:50   Link #91
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
I don't think they want Well out of the way. It seems to me that they want Well to take over the area so that they could develop it. The current lord over the area, Well's father, can't do anything much and has no resources to develop it. They do not want to set a precedent of pulling the rights and handing over to Well. Thus, this subterfuge.

We are already spoiled by the start of the 1st episode where we see Well being used to level the land to start the development. It is now clearer that this is where the end of this "story arc" is. We do not know yet the journey to get to that point.

Brantag has been dropping a major clue to Well and his adventuring team but none of them caught on. They are still naive and wet behind the ears. While Brantag loves to drink, he chose to remain sober throughout his time there. He knows the political games that those above him are playing. He is the Duke's magician and thus would know the politics happening when Well was summoned to deal with his home area.

I don't doubt that messages may have been passed upwards to the Duke about the region and Kurt's behavior. A lord has to keep track of the activities in his vassal states/areas, even though they are far away.

I gather from what has been shown and hinted at that the failed expedition to clear the enchanted forest exhausted a lot of resources and the Duke is loathe to incur more as well as exhaust the area's residents. Thus, they are sending Well in to kick start another attempt to develop the area. He is also their candidate to takeover the area since while he has a separate line of succession, it is still possible for him to takeover his father's area as Brantag has stated towards the end that royalty will occasionally turn a blind eye. In this case, it appears they will do so since that is what they want Well to do.

Can we have more politics? It is more interesting this way. I wonder whether the novel itself has more of this than what is shown so far in the anime.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 07:19   Link #92
Forever
Revealing the truth

... Even though well got god-like powers, it seems that he keeps getting used instead....
Old 2020-06-05, 12:02   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
... Even though well got god-like powers, it seems that he keeps getting used instead....
Poor Well just wants to relax and go on adventures, but no one will let him .
Old 2020-06-11, 09:09   Link #94
leongsh
Daijoubu!

So, it really is the royal palace that has been wanting to remove Kurt and using Well as their cat's paw to do so. All this in order to develop that huge tract of land down south. Well is making some smart moves in neutering Kurt's circle. And he is preparing for his sister-in-law and his nephews to be taken care and provided for as well.

The nobles in the capital who are against Well are now using Kurt as a direct tool to do away with Well. Next episode should be interesting in how this is dealt with.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 14:47   Link #95
VTHokiePride

Looks like the events of the next episode will tie into the first few minutes of the first episode. It's been a good ride everyone.
Old 2020-06-11, 22:21   Link #96
Frontier

Well is still stuck having to juggle the power plays of the nobility and the royalty. What's an honest adventurer left to do with all this manipulation ?

He gave Kurt the closest to an easy out as he could, but it was pretty clearly not going to happen, so Well opts for a slower but sure erosion of Kurt's power to neuter him and leave him in a spot where he has no choice but to help Well. I thought the episode did a good job conveying Kurt's erratic and rapidly destabilizing mental state .

The Chief says to watch for Amalie, but she's simply a mother who will do anything to protect her children, even if means making sure her brother-in-law cares enough about her kids to make sure they survive the fallout of whatever happens to their father. I don't know if she'd betray Well at this point, especially when Kurt's gone so off the rails .

Mayonnaise? What is this, High School Prodigies ?

Yeah, even if Kurt had heard the plan, I don't think he would have settled for being separated from his family and getting forced to become a priest. It's the male equivalent of being sent to a nunnery .

Looks like Kurt is going to become the Final Boss for Well to fight .
Old 2020-06-18, 04:33   Link #97
tsunade666

the anime has ups and downs and noe gone original but oh well. nice to see amelia~neesan.
Old 2020-06-18, 11:26   Link #98
grecefar

This was I guess an ok anime, 6/10. There were some moments, chapter 11 was the best.

I still don't know why they bother with axe girl, was the most useless character that I've see in a while, wouldn't have make any difference if she was there or not.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 11:35   Link #99
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Mediocre, but still loads better than isekai street magician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I still don't know why they bother with axe girl, was the most useless character that I've see in a while, wouldn't have make any difference if she was there or not.
They needed to add more people to the harem
Old 2020-06-18, 11:35   Link #100
EroKing

First few eps were interesting but average show at best, ending was also quite underwhelming.