AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-15, 18:06   Link #181
Estzero1

I have to say, I'm really interested how Emilias character is going to be handled in the future.
Is it one of the rarer cases who will stay this miserable or is there a path for redemption. Now she has this not so voluntary opportunity to do so.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-15, 18:46   Link #182
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Emilia's punishment was thoroughly satisfying and perfectly fitting. Anos-sama never disappoints. I loved the gratitude he showed to the girls who protected his mother too.
Old 2020-08-15, 20:06   Link #183
Wandering Soul

Fitting punishment for Emilia. Anos promising to remember the names of all thr girls that protected his mother was a good scene too.
Old 2020-08-15, 21:45   Link #184
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just wanna say one thing: one of the best paybacks to a bully EVER! right next to this Legendary Execution:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-08-15, 22:35   Link #185
Marina2

The story doesn't tell this..........but does Emilia still have her own magical power in her new form?
Old 2020-08-16, 02:13   Link #186
Rinvelt
駄目人間

She does. It's like how Anos was able to get all his power back even though he was born as a human. Everything is in the Source.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 03:51   Link #187
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My question is: is Ludowell family so racist that they'll just gonna ignore Emilia from now on due to her hybrid body? I mean, IIRC Emilia's father was nice enough to welcome mom Izabella to his house from the dinner dialogue last episode.
Old 2020-08-16, 04:04   Link #188
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My question is: is Ludowell family so racist that they'll just gonna ignore Emilia from now on due to her hybrid body? I mean, IIRC Emilia's father was nice enough to welcome mom Izabella to his house from the dinner dialogue last episode.
I was thinking maybe their castle had a museum area open to the public, rather than them receiving rando humans as guests.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 04:32   Link #189
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^^It's more like Emilia who actually invited her to play nice and be able to win her trust, thus being able to attack her easily (this episode) and get back at Anos. Anime skipped a lot.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 04:47   Link #190
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Since when is she that subtle?
Old 2020-08-16, 10:25   Link #191
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... Since when is she that subtle?
I'm sure she made some underhanded comments about him during the dinner that went over Anos' mom's head .
Old 2020-08-16, 16:37   Link #192
BWTraveller
Born to ship

She hasn't exactly been obvious until now. It's not all that obvious or clumsy to have a student steal an item and hide it inside their own body. It's just Anos is so perceptive he picked up on it immediately. I'd say she's capable of a fair degree of subtlety.

Either way, all I picked up from the conversation after going back to it was that Anos' mother visited the Ludwell household. That doesn't necessarily mean that she was welcomed with open arms. Again, my guess would be at best she was treated, and Emilia from now on will be treated, with arrogant kindness as a pitiful cur that they're "charitably" giving scraps to while patting themselves on the back for having such compassion in their hearts.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2020-08-16 at 16:56.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 17:14   Link #193
Arya

Emilia's punishment reminds me of that series with the shield hero ... don't remember much though (I dropped it after a while).
Anyways, so far so good, the only minor issue I may have is that the imbalance is so wide that at this point despite your sense of superiority you should knows it better. Still on the other hand this thickheadedness doesn't stop to amuse me

That's also why Emilia has not been that subtle, she didn't think she needed to, in her life, so that's not something she could randomly pull off.

The true gripe is two episodes w/o Sasha are a bit too much. At this point I'm expecting she will be back with the rumors of Lay's mother in her purse.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 17:15   Link #194
Frontier

I just realized, to add further insult to injury, he left her there naked. So not only does she have to figure out what to do with her life now, she has to somehow find clothes .
Old 2020-08-16, 19:05   Link #195
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Is this the last we'll see of Emilia? I'm not a sadist but seeing a bit of her aftermath wouldn't be too bad.
Old 2020-08-16, 19:14   Link #196
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Emilia's punishment reminds me of that series with the shield hero ... don't remember much though (I dropped it after a while).
Anyways, so far so good, the only minor issue I may have is that the imbalance is so wide that at this point despite your sense of superiority you should knows it better. Still on the other hand this thickheadedness doesn't stop to amuse me

That's also why Emilia has not been that subtle, she didn't think she needed to, in her life, so that's not something she could randomly pull off.

The true gripe is two episodes w/o Sasha are a bit too much. At this point I'm expecting she will be back with the rumors of Lay's mother in her purse.
First off, pity you dropped Shield Hero; it's a great show, and the bad things people say about it are mostly misconceptions, you should try the rest sometime.

More to the point though, never underestimate the capacity of aristocrats to underestimate the commoners. I wouldn't be surprised if, even after all this, many (including Emilia at least until now) suspect that he's "cheating" somehow. Either that he's only exceptional in specific things (like that guy in ep 1 thought at first) or that he's gotten some kind of help. I'm pretty sure most of those Royals that know him go to bed each night desperately coming up with rationalizations to explain why a weak, worthless thief would be able to thoroughly outdo them in every way.
Old 2020-08-17, 00:00   Link #197
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
She hasn't exactly been obvious until now. It's not all that obvious or clumsy to have a student steal an item and hide it inside their own body. It's just Anos is so perceptive he picked up on it immediately. I'd say she's capable of a fair degree of subtlety.
It's barely more subtle than stealing it herself, then walking around with it in hand while cackling manically. She's put in less than the minimum effort to hide her hostility and unfairness. Any idiot could (and indeed, no one failed to) figure out what happened in the broad lines, and why.

Befriending Anos' mother, OTOH, shows some dedication to a mostly useless endeavor. What was she even going to do with the mother's trust? She resorted to brute force anyway in five seconds.
Old 2020-08-17, 00:44   Link #198
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's barely more subtle than stealing it herself, then walking around with it in hand while cackling manically. She's put in less than the minimum effort to hide her hostility and unfairness. Any idiot could (and indeed, no one failed to) figure out what happened in the broad lines, and why.

Befriending Anos' mother, OTOH, shows some dedication to a mostly useless endeavor. What was she even going to do with the mother's trust? She resorted to brute force anyway in five seconds.
How is it even remotely comparable? The scepter was completely concealed inside the dude's body. There were no outward signs of where it was at all. Sure, he could have figured out that she either played a part in the theft or was eager to help the thieves out while using it to dock his points. But first off this wouldn't look all that out of place in a supremacist system; if anything, showing any fairness to him would have roused more suspicion. On top of that, the only way to expose her or get out of the situation was to actually locate the scepter, which even Sasha and Misha hadn't spotted with their eyes.

And winning her mother's trust seems pretty close to the same level of subtlety. Just a few shallow platitudes to manipulate the inferior commoners. And of course, she did it largely because she thought they'd be easy to fool and lure into the trap; once they failed to fall for the obvious ploy she became annoyed and tried to force things along. A couple quick blatant lies don't really enhance her subtlety that much beyond what she's already shown.
Old 2020-08-17, 00:58   Link #199
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
How is it even remotely comparable? The scepter was completely concealed inside the dude's body. There were no outward signs of where it was at all. Sure, he could have figured out that she either played a part in the theft or was eager to help the thieves out while using it to dock his points. But first off this wouldn't look all that out of place in a supremacist system; if anything, showing any fairness to him would have roused more suspicion. On top of that, the only way to expose her or get out of the situation was to actually locate the scepter, which even Sasha and Misha hadn't spotted with their eyes.
She presumably used her access or connections to steal the staff while it was in the custody of the school, and hide it. The exact "how" hardly matters, except to say that hiding it in the classroom was pretty blatant, even if it was in a student's body. Why not the other side of the country?

Quote:
And winning her mother's trust seems pretty close to the same level of subtlety. Just a few shallow platitudes to manipulate the inferior commoners. And of course, she did it largely because she thought they'd be easy to fool and lure into the trap; once they failed to fall for the obvious ploy she became annoyed and tried to force things along. A couple quick blatant lies don't really enhance her subtlety that much beyond what she's already shown.
Even so, it can't have been pleasant for her, and again, what was her plan? Hope that Anos would be dumb enough to entrust his sword to his mom and not expect exactly what happened (so far, so good, but was that really a good bet?), go to the mom, ask for it nicely, and when it doesn't work snatch it by force? Has the friendship ploy really helped, there?
Old 2020-08-17, 04:46   Link #200
Arya

Quote:
First off, pity you dropped Shield Hero; it's a great show, and the bad things people say about it are mostly misconceptions, you should try the rest sometime.

More to the point though, never underestimate the capacity of aristocrats to underestimate the commoners. I wouldn't be surprised if, even after all this, many (including Emilia at least until now) suspect that he's "cheating" somehow. Either that he's only exceptional in specific things (like that guy in ep 1 thought at first) or that he's gotten some kind of help. I'm pretty sure most of those Royals that know him go to bed each night desperately coming up with rationalizations to explain why a weak, worthless thief would be able to thoroughly outdo them in every way.
Spoiler for on Shield hero:

Speaking of the current show I'm expecting the impostor (forgot his name) that is trying to usurp Anos will be an aristocrat of course. That will add enough fuel to their aristocratic fire to reinvigorate their convictions. Hopefully he will be strong enough as it seems to put up a strong fight.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote