AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-04-27, 01:51   Link #21
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
If they ban it here, I assume, they will also ban video games, RPGs and many TV shows.
I think, I will have to end my life in this case.
Or you could move. If America got to that point, I'm not so sure that I'd want to continue living here. I'm already fed up with all of the paranoid pricks complaining about how violent media is turning our youth into killing machines. If that's the case, then why haven't I killed you yet? You're going out of your way to try to ban or severely limit my hobbies. That pisses me off, but I can control myself, despite the fact that I grew up playing Mortal Kombat in the arcades. If they got their way, there's no way that I'd stay here under the control of the idiots that agreed with them.

Or if you didn't like the idea of moving to a different country, you could just try pirating.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 05:20   Link #22
Akarix
::Untouched Feelings::

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is illegal. Illegal, banned... same thing. Or do you think that the law actually needs to be enforced to call it banned?

In real life, illegal activities aren't called banned, they are called outlawed. I think that the title of this thread was foolishly named by the creator, but I doubt he meant anything else.
Ermmm .... yeaaa.. call me the 12 year old girl a fool eh? i created this stupid thread get it.. -.-

::To be what you were truly meant to be::
Akarix's creation : 2
Akarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 10:43   Link #23
dfens

Sticking to the title of this thread in it's simplest form what would happen, not is it or can it happen which for the most part not.

It all depends would they stop making it all together in Japan then guess what, we would be out of luck and anime and manga would be dead. I don't think people want to watch/read a anime or manga made by some kids in their garage on a PC or something.

Or would it be just banned meaing it couldn't be sold/imported/viewed in your country and would this be world wide. If that's the case it all depends on the enforcement and the punishment. Of course some people would turn to the black market for their addiction no matter what the consequences but if the risk is too much then a ban could work.

Say they enforce it with a passion and the punishment is serious jail time and or fines. Hell maybe lets go as far as say being tortured or killed. I'd bet you most people would gladly give it up I know I would. It's just a form of entertainment not worth going to jail or dying over.

But all this is a worse case scenerio.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 10:54   Link #24
Disembodied Voice
m-serve style

It's just a form of entertainment. I have more than enough other hobbies to enjoy life.

However, I know a lot of bloggers from lolicon to figurine-fans would be SOL. Heh.
Disembodied Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 11:45   Link #25
Obscure

The world would end.....
Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 12:38   Link #26
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Bottonline: It simply won't be banned without a proper reason backing it.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 12:46   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

if anime gets banned, life would be a whole lot more boring

its nearly impossible to get anime banned though
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 15:07   Link #28
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, since I'm getting the "this can't happen in America vibes", here is some info about a manga resource book that got banned in a county in California.

Here are the Daily Press, Desert Dispatch follow-up and the American Library Association articles on the situation.

Last edited by orion; 2006-04-27 at 15:18.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 15:33   Link #29
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Well, since I'm getting the "this can't happen in America vibes", here is some info about a manga resource book that got banned in a county in California.

Here are the Daily Press, Desert Dispatch follow-up and the American Library Association articles on the situation.
Removed from library doesn't mean banned. They can still get the book through an inter-library loan, but it isn't on the shelf. While I think it's wrong to have removed the book at all, that's the kind of thinking sensible Americans have to deal with on a daily basis... The first amendment means nothing to "family values" supporters. Note that the library resisted attempts to have the book removed. If the county goes any further, and bans the book outright, you can bet there will be a lawsuit blocking it.
Old 2006-04-27, 16:05   Link #30
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
The only way anime and Manga could be banned if it makes us kill people - Although the "authorities" are hot on the heels of Game Companies already...Hope Anime and Manga isnt next!
Its exactly the other way. If manga/anime gets banned, we are gonna start killing people :P :P
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 21:17   Link #31
robin

I'd finally be free to "get a life" without being distracted by this shit.
robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 22:38   Link #32
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
I'd...go find another planet. A planet where anime was FOREVER! Yeah...that'd be nice.
<_<
>_>
Gotta go...ittekimasu! *runs off to build spaceship*
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 19:11   Link #33
Krahiz

-Krahiz-

Well.....gone against the laws and continued watching anime
Krahiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 20:02   Link #34
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Seeing as this has been revived:

I'd learn to read.
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 20:09   Link #35
SlugZilla
woofles

Well I would unban it.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:31   Link #36
primalmx
ThE aUStRoPoLaDiAn

Send a message via AIM to primalmx Send a message via MSN to primalmx
Truthfully, it wouldn't bother me a huge amount. Too me anime is no more special than family guy or the simpsons, just a bunch of tv shows? Would I dislike them being removed? Sure, but I'd live And what would you guys do to stop it :P I'm sure the public could be easily manipulated to think anime is perverted, evil, and the antichrist :P I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happen state-side.

~prime
primalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 00:02   Link #37
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I would complain not because anime and manga were banned, but how it's a violation of the constitution and find some way of saying that it's Bush's fault and question as of why he's spending good money to ban fucking cartoons. The trick is to always blame the one who is in charge and hype it so much to make people realize how much money that could have been used for something significant was pissed away over something so trivial.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 00:13   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
I would complain not because anime and manga were banned, but how it's a violation of the constitution and find some way of saying that it's Bush's fault and question as of why he's spending good money to ban fucking cartoons. The trick is to always blame the one who is in charge and hype it so much to make people realize how much money that could have been used for something significant was pissed away over something so trivial.
People don't care that the Bush administration is monitoring their phone calls, which constitutional violations aside, can't be cheap. What makes you think they'd care if a law was passed banning some foreign cartoons? Maybe the aclu would care, but as far as people brainwashed by fox news are concerned, they're a group dedicated to destroying America, not preserving our rights and freedoms.

Looking back at my previous comments, it's amazing how much more cynical I've gotten in these few months.
Old 2006-08-15, 00:16   Link #39
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
People don't care that the Bush administration is monitoring their phone calls, which constitutional violations aside, can't be cheap. What makes you think they'd care if a law was passed banning some foreign cartoons? Maybe the aclu would care, but as far as people brainwashed by fox news are concerned, they're a group dedicated to destroying America, not preserving our rights and freedoms.
Good point. I wonder what Bush would have to do that's highly illegal/unconstitutional to make peopel actually give a damn.

Quote:
Looking back at my previous comments, it's amazing how much more cynical I've gotten in these few months.
I should be the only saying that about myself.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 00:19   Link #40
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Good point. I wonder what Bush would have to do that's highly illegal/unconstitutional to make peopel actually give a damn.
Probably nothing would, as long as they don't raise taxes to pay for it.